Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2018, 10:18   #10756
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Drive belt, Damper Pully, Brake pad
I have been asked to change Damper Pully, Drive Belt, Brake pads at 1Lakh service. Cost mentioned here looks appropriate.

Steering assembly
I would suggest you to check with your FNG on Steering rack assembly why it is required. Whenever I go over bumps/rough surface, I also hear noise coming from the steering and SA has told complete assembly has to be changed. If we are ok with the noise, no harm and we can continue without replacement. It is running like that for the last 50K kms.

In general, check with your FNG for all these recommendations esp. around the suspension and decide.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 16:10   #10757
BHPian

A month back the gear lever bush problem happened on my Ford Figo (TDCI, Mar 2011, 55Kms). My wife was driving near Marathahalli (Bangalore) and the gear just gave away. It moved a bit in 1st gear, so she could park it in the service road.

We called Raghavendra Motors Bosch service, Hoodi; A couple of mechanics came in pouring rain (a big Thank you !!), fixed it temporarily and we could move.

Got it changed in JSP Ford, BG Road a couple of days later for Rs. 550.

All first gen Figo owners need to be aware of this flaw. It will hit you sometime or the other!
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 22:16   #10758
BHPian

Mine is a Figo Tdci 2010 model and covered 130k on odo.I am having some issues with cold starting which i suspect could be due to weak glow plugs.But on running diagnostic tool there is no issues related to glow plugs.Battery is new and CCA is fine.If any of the TDCI owners had issues with glow plugs please let me know so that i can go ahead and change...since 90% of issues are common as far as my experience is concerned.
Old 14th August 2018, 08:25   #10759
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
Mine is a Figo Tdci 2010 model and covered 130k on odo.I am having some issues with cold starting which i suspect could be due to weak glow plugs.But on running diagnostic tool there is no issues related to glow plugs.Battery is new and CCA is fine.If any of the TDCI owners had issues with glow plugs please let me know so that i can go ahead and change...since 90% of issues are common as far as my experience is concerned.
Mine has a similar issue, diagnosis says glow plug. What i do is switch on and off the car on first start of the day thrice. This sufficiently allows the plugs to warm up. Then a short crank and she is up and running. Try it.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 19:29   #10760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Also peeps in Bangalore - PPS Ford is absolutely fantastic. Got all my suspension components replaced (Shock assy + Tie rods). Very fuss free experience, and a service floor so clean I can eat food off it. Now that's how I would run my place!
Hi Red Liner, one of my relatives picked up a pre-owned sparingly used Figo petrol couple of months ago (2010 model done 19000 kms on the odo)

We have been sort of getting the car back in shape since it needed some TLC pretty badly. Gave it to PPS Ford for a service and that cost about 16K (reason=not serviced on timely basis). They informed that the suspension and tie-rods needed replacement too but it can withstand until the next service.

Can you let me know how much did it cost you for the suspension and tie rods overhaul?

Last edited by srinath34 : 26th August 2018 at 19:30.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 20:20   #10761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi Red Liner, one of my relatives picked up a pre-owned sparingly used Figo petrol couple of months ago (2010 model done 19000 kms on the odo)

They informed that the suspension and tie-rods needed replacement too but it can withstand until the next service.
Suspension and tie rod needing replacement in 19000 km is surprising. Please get a second opinion for it's need.

And if possible, please post the break-up of 16k servicing cost.
Old 26th August 2018, 21:08   #10762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
A month back the gear lever bush problem happened on my Ford Figo (TDCI, Mar 2011, 55Kms). My wife was driving near Marathahalli (Bangalore) and the gear just gave away. It moved a bit in 1st gear, so she could park it in the service road.

We called Raghavendra Motors Bosch service, Hoodi; A couple of mechanics came in pouring rain (a big Thank you !!), fixed it temporarily and we could move.

All first gen Figo owners need to be aware of this flaw. It will hit you sometime or the other!
Going by so many horror stories, is it a good idea to keep that part in stock in the boot of the Figo? Might come in handy in such situations. How difficult is it to replace that part? Can an FNG do it?

Last edited by vnabhi : 26th August 2018 at 21:13.
Old 27th August 2018, 11:04   #10763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Can you let me know how much did it cost you for the suspension and tie rods overhaul?
Frankly, regular service has nothing to do with suspension overhaul and tier rods. The service mostly about engine and replacement of consumables. But yes, the rubber bushes in the tie rod and suspension get hard over time and rubber breaks. So if there is sound while going over speed bumps, you might have to change tie rods. As regards to the suspension, if they are leaking or some abnormal noise, then you need to replace.

Front struts cost about 1500 per piece. Tie rod, I think a pair replacement incl. labor costs about 2200. Don't remember price of the actual part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Going by so many horror stories, is it a good idea to keep that part in stock in the boot of the Figo? Might come in handy in such situations. How difficult is it to replace that part? Can an FNG do it?
It indeed makes sense to have one bush in the boot. Any FNG would be able to replace it, hell if you have decent plier and willingness to do it yourself, you can do it too.

But if the car is used in city, people have just used thread to tie it and take it to service center. My car was stuck in 2nd, I drove it in the same gear to FNG and replaced it.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 13:01   #10764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post

It indeed makes sense to have one bush in the boot. Any FNG would be able to replace it, hell if you have decent plier and willingness to do it yourself, you can do it too.

But if the car is used in city, people have just used thread to tie it and take it to service center. My car was stuck in 2nd, I drove it in the same gear to FNG and replaced it.
Thanks. I will certainly buy and keep one. But as my daughter is using it, I cannot try any DIY. Even if I had the car with me, I don't think i can slide under the car, and crane my neck to spot the area that needs to be worked upon.
Old 27th August 2018, 14:21   #10765

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post

This is a common issue with the 1st gen Figo and Fiesta Classic. Its good to get the bush checked regularly.
Old 2nd September 2018, 23:29   #10766
Distinguished - BHPian

Goddamn.

Near thirukoilur in TN today with my folks in my figo from bangalore, filled diesel at a brand new essar bunk opened yesterday and guess what, 150 kms later the fuel filter warning came up!

I was too far away from anything and i just pushed the car until it finally gave up 30 kms away from salem. Got the svc in salem to send someone over through my good offices in bangalore svc inspite of being a Sunday.

Fuel filter opened and we unloaded the innarda into a bottle to see half diesel and half water. Cleaned it and put it back and the car still refuses to start. Finally flat bed trucked the car to Golden ford in Salem and the car awaits analysis tomorrow.

I have read some etios liva threads here of folks having driven their cars after the warning comes up, 50kms or more.

What should be next steps? I am definitely getting the tank cleaned and the fuel lines too probably? Refill with fresh diesel then. No other lights seem to flash from the dash, so i can't seem to believe the problem can be any worse than what it is. Well also hook their diagnostics and check for error codes.Iam hoping that is what is preventing the car from starting up.

Tough day. But safe.

Let me know guys. And i haven't responded to folks a page back about the suspension, my apologies lots of travel.. Wil post back once my baby is back on the road. Felt really sad after she got on the flatbed. Didn't know I would be this emotional about this car.

Last edited by Red Liner : 2nd September 2018 at 23:30.
Old 2nd September 2018, 23:45   #10767
BHPian

Quote:
Goddamn.

Near thirukoilur in TN today with my folks in my figo from bangalore, filled diesel at a brand new essar bunk opened yesterday and guess what, 150 kms later the fuel filter warning came up!
I don't know what is up with these Essar fuel bunks. A month back, I refuelled 1000 rupees of petrol in my Grand i10 and since that day I am facing judders under heavy acceleration. Mostly noticeable in 2 and 3 gears. I suspect adulterated fuel to be the case here. I emptied my fuel tank to almost 0% and put in new petrol from the trusted petrol bunk near my home. The problem is 99% gone, but still surfaces once in a blue moon. I intend to get it checked in the next servicing which is coming after just 3k kilometers.
Tanveer02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:58   #10768
Distinguished - BHPian

As an update.
We drained all the diesel. Cleaned the fuel lines with compressed air. Tried to start the car again and no dice. Diagnostics show no errors. Installed a new filter as well.

Now they want to check the diesel pump, common rail, and the injectors by swapping the parts with a demo car. Unfortunately i need to get back to bangalore, i cannot hole myself indefinitely at salem to watch what is going on (my bp shoots if i see the guy working on the car disappear for a few minutes).

Any pointers?
Old 5th September 2018, 13:22   #10769
Distinguished - BHPian

Another update - apparently all 4 injectors have gone bad and need replacing! Man...what do I do.
Old 5th September 2018, 14:24   #10770
BHPian

Quote:
Another update - apparently all 4 injectors have gone bad and need replacing! Man...what do I do.
Water in fuel is telltale sign to expect replacement of fuel injector and in some cases fuel pump.

Unfortunately apart from actually testing the injectors from third party vendors you don`t have any other options. So suggest to check if injectors can be cleaned and put it back, ofcourse many of the Ford SVC doesn`t entertain this option as they don`t have necessary equipment and skills. But still you can explore and for complete peace of mind you can go with injector replacement.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks