Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2018, 12:55   #10816
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Fan issue. You're right. If it was the coil, there would not have been any cooling at all.
As far as I know, the figo too has only one fan, like the fiesta?
If so, do get it fixed on priority as a non working fan may blow the head as well.
I just got a call from the PPS Ford technician in Bangalore. He says there is a valve leakage in the high pressure and low pressure rods. The valve alone cannot be changed, and the rods will need to be changed. One costs 4K and the other 2 K. Gas and oil would cost another 3 K. He says if we don't change these, then the compressor might conk off soon.

Having no option, I have him the green signal. I wonder why so many parts are getting worn out so fast in the 6-year old Figo. My 11-year old Fiesta had only the Evaporator coil fail after 8 years.
Old 12th December 2018, 13:28   #10817
BHPian

My figo is the first gen and I have been facing this issue since quite sometime now. I could lock the car manually with the key however was not able to open it. Is this a feature of the car or do i have to get the door lock mechanism changed?

The original key battery lasted for almost 7 years and then I had to change it, however it really does not last for more than 6 to 7 months. Today morning it just did not open via the remote and manual also failed.

Any pointers will help. If need be I may have to get the locking mechanism checked/replaced...
Old 15th December 2018, 19:31   #10818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
My figo is the first gen and I have been facing this issue since quite sometime now. I could lock the car manually with the key however was not able to open it. Is this a feature of the car or do i have to get the door lock mechanism changed?

The original key battery lasted for almost 7 years and then I had to change it, however it really does not last for more than 6 to 7 months. Today morning it just did not open via the remote and manual also failed.

Any pointers will help. If need be I may have to get the locking mechanism checked/replaced...
I use both manual and the remote keys regularly and the manual works for locking and unlocking without any issue. Mine is 7.5 years old.
Old 16th December 2018, 15:31   #10819
BHPian

Got my Figo Wolfd
It was 45 mins job. Thanks to Srikant from Wolf!
Initial impressions... I see real difference in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears. It pulls clean all the way till 4k+ rpms. TDCi feels rev happy now. There is a mild push back in the seat post needle crosses 2k rpms.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20181216_071512.jpg  

StepUP! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 00:48   #10820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Got my Figo Wolfd
Initial impressions... I see real difference in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears. It pulls clean all the way till 4k+ rpms. TDCi feels rev happy now. There is a mild push back in the seat post needle crosses 2k rpms.
Congratulations! Do you see any increased smoke under acceleration?
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 10:16   #10821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post

This used to happen to me a lot. The key fob would act up randomly, sometimes not locking, sometimes not unlocking. I reckon that it is not the battery, but the quality of the key fob buttons.

Also, how old is the battery of your car? Is it in good shape? Some components that Ford uses is over-sensitive to even minor voltage drops, so it could be that the immobilizer and the key fob sensor in the car is not working optimally due to a slightly weak battery.

I would get the locks checked as well - because in all cases, the car should always lock and unlock if you put the key in the key hole and turn it.
Old 17th December 2018, 14:52   #10822
BHPian

My Figo's AC has a very odd problem. Whenever I hit a pothole, the cooling goes off and when I hit the next one it comes back (usually)

I had this problem very briefly long back but somehow it settled itself. In between my AC has seen a new evaporator coil 2yrs back. The thermistor was changed this June and that is when this problem started. The Ford guys said loose connection, did something(I hope so). But it was only temporary and would recur. Then they said it is compressor clutch switch and changed the whole clutch itself. The problem still persists. Now they are saying, we have to change the junction box. I don't know whether to believe them. Any advice, folks?. Mine is a 2010 Figo run 136000kms.
Old 18th December 2018, 16:06   #10823
BHPian

Check your fan switch, it might be lose and causing the fan to stop working.
Which in turn make your AC malfunction.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 11:03   #10824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Congratulations! Do you see any increased smoke under acceleration?
Hi
No, I don't see any smoke under hard accelerations.

On a different note, encountered notorious issue with my Figo - gear lever bush gave up.

I was on a trip to Mahabaleshwar, went to Lodwick point. When I came back, reversed my car and slotted it in 1st, gear lever started playing freely. I immediately understood the issue. Thanks to bhpian Shubham who quickly arranged a mechanic to my rescue.

Thankful to my stars, it didn't give up on a road full of traffic or in ghats. Odo currently reads 84560 kms.
Old 30th December 2018, 10:57   #10825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Got my Figo Wolfd
Congratulations on the remap. I have been using the Racechip for over 2 yrs now & happy with the it. However, I have been contemplating on remapping, as it gives the best result. Can you share the cost of the remap & if they have a shop in Hyderabad.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 16:38   #10826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Congratulations on the remap. I have been using the Racechip for over 2 yrs now & happy with the it. However, I have been contemplating on remapping, as it gives the best result. Can you share the cost of the remap & if they have a shop in Hyderabad.
Hi
I paid 18k for this remap. You can contact Wolf on the numbers mentioned on their website. They don't have shop at Pune. Srikant came down here and did the job on several cars.
Old 2nd January 2019, 11:51   #10827
BHPian

Faced a heart-in-the-mouth situation with my Ford Figo yesterday while coming from Nashik to Pune. About 10 km before Manchar, the ABS light on the dash turned on while the car was still in motion. I reduced the speed to a safer 50-55 kmph. After about 5 km, I sensed some auto-braking and in a minute, the rear right wheel just locked up. I somehow managed to navigate the car to the left curb as it came to a screeching halt. Located a decent garage nearby. The car just wouldn't move to take it to the garage. Just for trial-and-error, I tried reversing and it did move. I could then move it slowly forward and take it to the garage.

The mechanic opened the drum brake assembly only to find that most of the bearings were all crushed to metal powder !! The mechanic commented that we were extremely lucky as the wheel could very well come out of the shaft had the car been in speed. The mechanic could source a new SKF bearing and got it fitted. We were back on the road after about 4 hours of ordeal. The ABS light is still on (and I sense that ABS is not functional).

I clearly seem to have missed the humming sound the bearings make before they go kaput. The service center guys too failed to notice this during routine 80K km service.

I have a couple of questions -
1. Does Ford Figo ABS version come with a bearing different from non-ABS version? I had told the mechanic to source a suitable bearing for ABS version. I could not ascertain what he fitted. The bearing had MRP of about Rs. 1900.

2. The ABS light is still on. When we were home, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. It did not clear the light. The mechanic mentioned that when bearings broke, there was misalignment in the sensor mechanism and it lead to the ABS module inferring something is wrong and hence the ABS light. Going by this theory, the light should turn off now as alignment is back to normal with the new bearings.
Could something else be damaged in there ? Is the magnetic ring that provides RPM to the sensor located on the bearing or on the casing that holds the bearing ? Could this ring have been damaged while replacing the bearing ?

I'm yet to visit Ford ASC for the ABS light. Wanted to be prepared before I face the ASC guys.

Please help.
Old 4th January 2019, 16:47   #10828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
Faced a heart-in-the-mouth situation with my Ford Figo yesterday while coming from Nashik to Pune. About 10 km before Manchar, the ABS light on the dash turned on while the car was still in motion.....

Please help.
So gave the car to an FNG to diagnose the issue and also address a few other complaints -
1. Front suspension making noise
2. Front disk brake pads to be checked and changed if required
3. All bearings to be checked and changed if required

He assessed the damage and called back with an estimate of around INR 24K !! The breakup of jobs -
1. Front suspension making noise
- Both link rods to be changed. Both front shocks were leaking so to be changed.
2. Front disk brake pads to be checked and changed if required
- Pads were worn out (had run about 40K km) and to be changed
3. All bearings to be checked and changed if required
- Left rear bearing had a play. So it needs to be changed. Front bearing were fine.
4. Cracks found on the famous gear shifter bush
- Bush to be changed

Regarding the right rear bearing and ABS light - he mentioned that the magnetic ring resides on the brake drum. The drum and the ring were damaged (by hammering mostly); however the bearing was fine. Will need a new brake drum set.

All this plus the wheel alignment n balancing after all the suspension and wheels work is estimated to cost around INR 24K.

Quite a sum for wear and tear repairs after 84K km of running !! This is the highest I'll be spending on the car in the 8 years of ownership.

Hoping to get the car back to normal after all these repairs.

Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 11:20   #10829
BHPian

So I got the car back on Monday as estimated.

The ABS light went off by itself after fitting the new brake assembly and driving the car for 200-300 meters. All well now.

In addition to the above work, one of the gearbox mountings was replaced as it was found broken. The gearbox would judder at times in first gear while picking up. Doesn't happen anymore. As a goodwill gesture, he got the front bumper (which was bent by an earlier impact) fixed. Routine servicing was done too. All original Ford parts were used.

No unusual noises anymore. Gear shifting is smooth. The car is back to its normal self. I'm loving it!
Old 11th January 2019, 11:45   #10830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
So I got the car back on Monday as estimated.
!
How much they charged for replacing link rod and front suspension?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks