Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2019, 14:51   #10846
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Looks like Fuel addictive (Injector cleaner) also helps many in this case.
Going to try this first and see how it fares in my case and give an update here.
On Saturday, Added the Abro DI Injector cleaner fuel addictive before filling up the empty tank and went straight for a solo breakfast drive all the way to Shoolagiri and back (100 kms, up and down).
Started @7 am and reached back home near Varthur @9.30 am. I normally dont revv hard, but as per suggestions in fuel addictive thread revved hard till 3500 to 4000 rpm at 4th & 3rd gear.

Post that drive, Went for a short spin in the evening to get some household stuffs, that time i felt the same jerk/miss while idling. But on Sunday when i went to attend some family function at HAL, no engine jerk/miss happened while idling, also (may be mindset) felt the acceleration got little better.
Im yet to conclude anything as its just 150km done post adding Fuel addictive. Many in the web world saying we have to wait till one tank full to see the result. Will update here.
If this doesn't work out, may be injector cleaning through Hema needs to be tried.

PS: Strangely, Couple of time I noted this jerk/miss when i turn on the headlight, I think a little load variation in engine also causes this jerk/miss.
Old 26th February 2019, 12:02   #10847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
My figo is the first gen and I have been facing this issue since quite sometime now. I could lock the car manually with the key however was not able to open it. Is this a feature of the car or do i have to get the door lock mechanism changed?

The original key battery lasted for almost 7 years and then I had to change it, however it really does not last for more than 6 to 7 months. Today morning it just did not open via the remote and manual also failed.

Any pointers will help. If need be I may have to get the locking mechanism checked/replaced...
I had the same issue but worse the manual lock didnt work at all.. had to replace the lock mechanism .. they had to replace the ignition locks as well and key fob also went kaput.. you are looking at around 4k for the entire replacement
Old 26th February 2019, 12:08   #10848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
I had the same issue but worse the manual lock didnt work at all.. had to replace the lock mechanism .. they had to replace the ignition locks as well and key fob also went kaput.. you are looking at around 4k for the entire replacement
I suspected that. Irony is i got the flip key done, spend 3K on that. If I have to get the manual locks working, investment is wasted!

However from a functionality standpoint it makes sense to get the lock/ignition changed once and for all...
Old 26th February 2019, 12:25   #10849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
In my opinion, injector cleaners has very little effect on the cleaning of injectors in Ford TDCI. Mine has run 70000 kms so far and injector problems of occasional jerks, low mileage were creeping up past 5000 kms. I checked with bhpian Red_liner and thought of going of repairs but since I got some discount on each injectors, I went ahead with the permanent solution of replacing all 4 as I don`t intend to sell it for another 4 years. So I would suggest to take a call depending on your circumstances. Injector repair is a cheaper option and which should be your defacto choice if you are planning to sell.
What's the cost incurred for injector replacement and does it only happen at the Ford authorized service only?
Old 26th February 2019, 14:19   #10850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
My Figo TDCi's (2010) coolant reservoir got replaced because of fine cracks through which fluid leaked when parked on an incline. The O.E part cost was Rs 1630; the total came to Rs 2600.

The pressure cap was changed at 80k service as per the manual and the odo now stands at 123k kms.
Is the pressure cap the one on coolant reservoir? Or you are referring to some other cap?
Old 26th February 2019, 14:30   #10851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
What's the cost incurred for injector replacement and does it only happen at the Ford authorized service only?
As a part of goodwill gesture from Ford I got around 30% discount on the sticker price of each injectors which roughly came around Rs 39,000 including labour. If the car has been serviced in Ford ASC throughout then chances of getting discounts are high and that too only if we push for it.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 18:50   #10852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Is the pressure cap the one on coolant reservoir? Or you are referring to some other cap?
Hi,
Pressure cap is the one on coolant reservoir.
Esu Junior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 12:29   #10853
BHPian

Our Figo's fuel tank lid cover (the round/oval metal plate/disc) has flipped off somewhere. My family's driver went to check at the ASC and was told that the unit need to be replaced & have to wait for it to be sourced. The local garage guy said its just a "pressing" type and just need to get the metal plate. The plastic frame/body is still in the car & fuel lid over lever works / flips the plastic strip frame open (and can be closed by pressing).

Anyone here had this experience of replacing this fuel cap lid? And

a) the metal plate is indeed just pressing / clamp like to fix
b) any place where I can just order it online other than ASC (so that we only get the metal plate and not the full unit)

Thanks,
Old 1st March 2019, 12:43   #10854
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Can one buy the tow hook cover (round one) on the front bumper? It is missing on my daughter's Figo. I hope we do not have to buy the full bumper?

While on this topic, if one really has to use the hook, how does one remove that cover and then put it back when the towing is completed?
Old 1st March 2019, 13:08   #10855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
As a part of goodwill gesture from Ford I got around 30% discount on the sticker price of each injectors which roughly came around Rs 39,000 including labour. If the car has been serviced in Ford ASC throughout then chances of getting discounts are high and that too only if we push for it.
What was the price of each injector post discounts?
Is ₹39000 including labour for a set of 4 injectors?
Old 4th March 2019, 14:57   #10856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
On Saturday, Added the Abro DI Injector cleaner fuel addictive before filling up the empty tank and went straight for a solo breakfast drive all the way to Shoolagiri and back (100 kms, up and down).
Interim update:
Done ~300 km post tank fill with addictive (Injector cleaner).
Observation:
Definite improvement in drivability for SURE. Eagerness in surging fwd for ACC input is well felt (both with/without A/C).
Engine clatter little less compared to before, miss/jerk in idling is not felt.
Earlier with A/C on, at times i felt a loss in power while accelerating back post deceleration, now its very eager to resume.
One thing i still face, is the sudden lose of stem in engine when we take off ACC input, expecting it to be linear. A fuel filter change might help i guess.
Also exist the TDCI's infamous jerk when A/C compressor kicks in.

PS: I drive car only on weekend and my wife uses the car on weekdays with less than 8 km round trip for her chores.
She is not anywhere close to enthusiast, in fact sits on the other side of it :-).
she too felt the difference post addictive. In her words, the engine became smooth now.

Lets see how long the effect of addictive remains.
Old 14th March 2019, 12:03   #10857
BHPian

Last weekend gave the car for service with PPS Domlur.
Now i understand why i see only good review for this ASC.

Dropped in without appointment, in 5 mins got a service advisor attending the car. Reception was also good, polite and very welcoming. Though the setup is very small but everything is well organized. surprised to see service floor this clean.

A thorough TD done and the guy listen to all the complaints and verified the same on TD.

As expected Front shocks and clutch needed overhaul and i agreed for the same. The bill came ~30k. Usual service Fluid/filter change + Clutch assembly + Front shocks, tie rods and bearing.

By far this is the best ASC experience i got with Ford. This is in comparison with other Ford ASCs in Bangalore and Chennai.

The car now feels like new on its 7th Anniversary with 85k on ODO. Only gripe (in back of mind) is Injectors, its not showing up anything now. still...
Old 19th March 2019, 13:32   #10858
BHPian

Finally time has come to change two injectors with 135k on odo.

Few symptoms i had for the last 6 months..
1.more cranks for cold starting.(if i keep the heater on/off for 3 -4 times cold starting was much easier.)
2.rough idling with intermittent knocking when engine was cold.
3.pungent smell from exhaust.
4.around 1200 -1500rpm a kind of missing as if fuel flow was restricted.

During my first visit to ASC(ALY FORD) they scanned the engine and couldn't find any error code.all 4 injectors were showing some values around 1 which was fine as per them.I was told by technician that CCA for battery is on the lower side which could be the reason for issues with cold start.I didn't agree with that since battery was only 15 months old.I advised tech. to change the glow plugs since the issues was related with cold starting.Even after changing glow plugs issues persisted and was thinking of what to do next.. but as time progressed she started showing more symptoms of an injector failure which was the case and changed two injectors for 2nd and 3rd cylinder.EGR also cleaned due to stubborn carbon deposits.Total bill was around 34k.Now she is back to normal and truly enjoying the drive...
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-tdci-135k-service0001.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-tdci-135k-service0002.jpg
Esu Junior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 15:30   #10859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
Finally time has come to change two injectors with 135k on odo.
I keep track of all your posts as you post the details of work carried out as well as the bills. Helps me to understand the symptoms, the work required as well as the damages to be expected. Did you receive any suggestions regarding use of additives in fuel for longevity of injectors from the service center?
Old 19th March 2019, 18:16   #10860
BHPian

Quick question. I feel clutch shuddering at first gear in stop go traffic esply when releasing the clutch slowly.. Changed the clutch assembly 2 weeks back and ASC told it needs sometime to bed in say 1k kms.. I ll be taking the car to ASC back probably next weekend to enquire again.. Any pointers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks