Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 22:30   #1216
BHPian

That was bad! Hope the occupants came out safely.
From the photos it seems, that there was minimal cabin intrusion.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:46   #1217
BHPian

Holy moly! That's some significant damage to the front end. Any pics of the driver side area? The dashboard seems alright but I want to know if the pedals got pushed in.
Seeing how the left side RVM has conked off, I'm assuming the car got T-boned in the front left corner?
Old 29th March 2010, 22:48   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
...Stone present, dog missing. Dog present, stone missing.
Saying this in Tamil would have had the right punch to it!
Old 29th March 2010, 22:50   #1219
BHPian

2nd Figo crash in Bangalore...? Car is totalled I guess, car should have been easily in speeds excess of 80kmph. Hope there werent any casualties.

Last edited by rajivn : 29th March 2010 at 22:54.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:51   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Holy moly! That's some significant damage to the front end. Any pics of the driver side area? The dashboard seems alright but I want to know if the pedals got pushed in.
Seeing how the left side RVM has conked off, I'm assuming the car got T-boned in the front left corner?
Driver side was not damaged much but i think all the passengers and driver were not injured seriously.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:11   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Looks like FORD is doing on-road crash tests!!!!

BTW a question what happens if there is an accident in the TD car. Who pays ? Customer or the Dealership ?
Old 29th March 2010, 23:27   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post

Also about the usb support of figos there are few problems.

1. There is no Aux to usb converter in market.
2. Aux is analog and usb is digital so cannot plug usb in aux using a cable.

I have heard that at the back of the player there is a usb cable, a extension cable is provided by ford for us to connect usb devices.
Of course the cable goes in the back of the HU. AFAIK there is no way one can power USB from AUX cable and then transfer data from the USB drive.

Its like Pioneer / kenwood / Alpine IP BUS. The cable it attached to the rear and you can play USB devices / iPod!
Old 29th March 2010, 23:28   #1223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Of course the cable goes in the back of the HU. AFAIK there is no way one can power USB from AUX cable and then transfer data from the USB drive.

Its like Pioneer / kenwood / Alpine IP BUS. The cable it attached to the rear and you can play USB devices / iPod!
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 30th March 2010, 02:16   #1224
BHPian

And while you are at this, Ford, do check out the ownership experience of iceman1. Hardly the type of experience I would like to have if I am buying a new car.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1810326
Old 30th March 2010, 05:00   #1225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Now, does the EXI have the USB option? the salesman told me this morning that only the last two variants (ZXI & titanium) have the rear USB option on the player, which he said was a Blaupunkt player. Any info on this? I would surely like to have a USB feature (whether front or rear).

Second, any info on whether the steering can be adjusted, as the provision (minus the lever) seems to have been left behind.
I don't know about that. I think it have. It doesn't have that Bluetooth.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:00   #1226
BHPian

I had been to Fords showroom recently to get my hands on the Figo. Did a test drive of the diesel variant. IMO the car has an excellent build quality; the interiors however was not luxurious. I have a relaxed driving position (quite stretched for a 5'7" guy) and went to the rear passenger bay to check out the legroom. Was amazed to find the seating position and leg room to satisfactory levels. Of course, who wouldnt want more. If I paid a few crores for a Bentley, I would want a stretch limo from them for the same price. But for the price Figo is amazing VFM. The engine seemed smooth and the pick-up was decent, exactly as others have mentioned - no turbo lag. Though may not match the swift in terms of performance, I guess its not too bad either. Im quite sure there is none waiting at home to hand-over a cup for coming a few minutes early everyday. And in our metros we all experience autos finding their way from a few kms behind us to the slot in front of us; the few extra bhps hardly has no meaning. For highways, you may be a little disappointed. But I would use this as a city commuter > 90% of the time, so seems ok. Also the vehicle seems to hold on to its parts together unlike the marutis with the parts rattling all over.

The clay red dashboard is ok for a red or a white Figo but a strict no-no for a green one. Infact it looked quite good on the red one, the all black seems a bit boring. The suspension can be compared to an i20 and handles quite well. The gear stick is placed slightly higher than many other cars and seems have a nice feel too. I felt the i20 had a lighter steering wheel compared to the Figo, but it had a decent feel/ handling. The best part was the a/c on a mid summer afternoon. Is there a better way t check it?? Worked much better than my esteems a/c. Hope to buy one in a few months...
Old 30th March 2010, 11:45   #1227
BHPian

Is this the USB-AUX cable ?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-119626d1241793737ipodauxusbcablecarsseephotoimg_0591.jpg  

Old 30th March 2010, 12:30   #1228
BHPian

A new thought struck me last night:

Isnt the TDCI Ikon cheaper than the Ford Figo? Whats the difference between them on all parameters?
Is the Ford Figo best on all counts?
Old 30th March 2010, 12:52   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
A new thought struck me last night:

Isnt the TDCI Ikon cheaper than the Ford Figo? Whats the difference between them on all parameters?
Is the Ford Figo best on all counts?
Thats a very relevant question. Most people decide against it because of its quite dated interiors. If ford decides to upgrade the interiors on the ikon i'm sure it would give jitters to quite a few cars even today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Now, does the EXI have the USB option? the salesman told me this morning that only the last two variants (ZXI & titanium) have the rear USB option on the player, which he said was a Blaupunkt player. Any info on this? I would surely like to have a USB feature (whether front or rear).
The handbook for the audio system mentions of a USB slot hidden inside the dash. But on my EXi i could not find it.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:12   #1230
BHPian

So now we have 5 bhpians with 4 diesel and a petrol figo. better than just 2 and i hope it gets bigger by the end of this week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks