Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 09:22   #1411
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
How is the Ford service in Bangalore. I am currently looking out at Figo as one of the Options to take up but a bit worried on the service and maintenance cost. Are Ford parts and service as costly as Chevrolet.

Checked out the Figo, the car is really worth the buy in the 4.5 lakh category, its fully loaded, but the dealer interaction didn't please me much. So a bit worried on how they will service and will it burn my pocket.

For the figo, The cost of spares are comparable/cheaper than all of its rivals. Have a look at the spares list when you visit the ford service station & compare yourself with the rivals.

@Everybody : That limited edition fiesta was available upto a week back have been sold out, Now no more limited edition fiestas

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 4th April 2010 at 09:26.
Old 4th April 2010, 09:24   #1412
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ mkerala Micra will have distribution and service problems with very less dealers. They have to ramp up that first before going to mass production
Old 4th April 2010, 09:25   #1413
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Its a good thing that ford didn't charge customers for metallic shades. Maruti charge about 3k-5k for metallic colors.
Tata charges 3-3.5k more for its porcelain white in all Vista models
Old 4th April 2010, 11:14   #1414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its a good thing that ford didn't charge customers for metallic shades. Maruti charge about 3k-5k for metallic colors.
Eeek. People haven't changed yet?! I remember Daewoo running a ad campaign for their Matiz or Cielo that it doesn't cost them more to do a metallic shade.

Talking about colours, Figo can have a wider colour choice. IMHO the solid colours suit it best eg. Red and white.
Old 4th April 2010, 11:27   #1415
Senior - BHPian

The Mic should be in the music system itself. There are two holes each on both sides of the system.

I just cant believe ford decided to give such an awesome sounding music system as OEM. Decent punch and great sound quality!!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1793739
Old 4th April 2010, 12:46   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
For the figo, The cost of spares are comparable/cheaper than all of its rivals. Have a look at the spares list when you visit the ford service station & compare yourself with the rivals.

Mustang I really hope so.
Today morning while I was cleaning the donkey, An elderly man Maybe in his Mid 40's came up to me and said he wanted to see the car. I let him see, sit and feel the car.
He tells me he likes the car but is worried about the ford badge. Goes on to say that he had an Ikon and spares used to cost a BOMB!

Some people still see ford as an costly/expensive brand.
Old 4th April 2010, 13:01   #1417
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mustang I really hope so.
Today morning while I was cleaning the donkey, An elderly man Maybe in his Mid 40's came up to me and said he wanted to see the car. I let him see, sit and feel the car.
He tells me he likes the car but is worried about the ford badge. Goes on to say that he had an Ikon and spares used to cost a BOMB!

Some people still see ford as an costly/expensive brand.
Like i always say, The Ikon 1.6 is a part of the success & failiure story of ford in India.

Success - Most brilliant car to drive at that time with a lot of power
Failiure - Very Very Expensive spares & A.S.S
Old 4th April 2010, 13:59   #1418
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@ mkerala Micra will have distribution and service problems with very less dealers. They have to ramp up that first before going to mass production
Nissan has invited application for dealership nearly in every city.
Old 4th April 2010, 16:22   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Try another dealer? Which dealer did you go? Metro ford or Lathangi ? There are buyers of both dealers here.

As far i have read its better go to Lathangi.
I had been to Metro Ford, they don't seem to be geared for the additional customers and looked very lost on handling customers.

From past two weeks checking out all compact cars in 4L to 5L range and till now didn't get anything which is as loaded as Figo.

Will soon check Lathangi.
Old 4th April 2010, 17:41   #1420
BHPian

AFAIK, Mtero ford is priority dealer for all the leasing companies like ORIX, Citi and Lease Plan. Their main volume is from the corporate orders and hence there focus is mainly towards them.

If you ask anybody who was company leased car from metro ford, they will give you a thumbs up in many aspects. This is where Lathangi scors better for non-corporate customers.
Old 4th April 2010, 17:47   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I have a question. The Zxi and Titanium models sync with the phone thru Bluetooth, what exactly does this do?

If I get a call when I am driving, will I be able to answer the call and hear the other person's voice in the car's speakers? How will they hear what I am saying, in other words where is the "mic" that I speak into?

Sorry if this is a stupid question...
I tried this when I visited the showroom. Once you pair your phone with the audio system, you can play music from your phone wirelessly. This is if your phone supports bluetooth with A2DP. If you get a call, you will hear your phone ringtone from the car's speakers. You can take the call my pressing the "call" button on the audio system and right away, the call connects and you can hear the caller's voice on the speakers. I asked the sales guy where the mic is and he said it was in the system itself. So you do have to speak up a little. I had my wife call me when I was seated in the car with the doors closed. I could hear her very well and she said she could hear me well too.

Also, the system syncs all your contacts so you can scroll through your phone book directly from the audio system. I believe you can read incoming sms too on the display but i'm not too sure of this. Hope this answers your query.

I have a query myself. The exi variant satisfies all my needs except the bluetooth capability of the audio system. I don't want to have to spend 27k more for the zxi just to satisfy this one need. Do any of you have any ideas?
I'm asking because the sales rep said I cannot sell the audio system from exi back to ford and buy the bluetooth one instead. Mustang, any ideas?
Old 4th April 2010, 17:59   #1422
Team-BHP Support

Saw one Figo for the first time, in its trade mark greenish color at my place,
it sure looked wow and it was fitted with alloys, it was titanium version though
Old 4th April 2010, 18:41   #1423
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
The exi variant satisfies all my needs except the bluetooth capability of the audio system. I don't want to have to spend 27k more for the zxi just to satisfy this one need. Do any of you have any ideas?
I'm asking because the sales rep said I cannot sell the audio system from exi back to ford and buy the bluetooth one instead. Mustang, any ideas?

You cant sell the system to ford, & if you buy the OEM one, it will cost you a lot >20K, If you really want this feature then the best is to go for the zxi.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:53   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
You cant sell the system to ford, & if you buy the OEM one, it will cost you a lot >20K, If you really want this feature then the best is to go for the zxi.
Are you sure I can sell it back to Ford? My dealer said this was not possible. If so for how much do you think? Also, I remember seeing in the figo accessories list that you put up initially on this thread that the cost of the system is around 14k? IF you have it handy, can you please post that list again?

If ford can buy the system back for at least 3/4th the price and I can get a new one with bluetooth for 14k, it makes sense to go for exi. I'm surprised more ppl don't have the same query.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:54   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the previous post. I mis-read your post as "can sell the system back to ford."

Most Viewed