Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 13:47   #151
Senior - BHPian

Ford definitely needs a super price for this car to sell. But then I wonder who will pay almost 7.5Lac + for the diesel Fiesta for just an additional boot.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:52   #152
BHPian

amazing stuff as usual gto the photos look much better this time around, the review was honest and insightful as usual
Old 27th January 2010, 13:52   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Looking at the current competition,IMO Figo 1.2 base will be placed between Beat (base) and Ritz petrol (base), which means it will start @ INR 3.75 Lakh.
That will be a good price I guess.
for 1.2 petrol version 3.75 will be good for mid variant. For 1.4 Diesel 4.5L is for Top End titanium will be competitive.
Old 27th January 2010, 14:22   #154
Senior - BHPian

As usual excellent review, TBHP is the best! expecting detailed TATA ARIA review soon.

Somehow I did not like the dash design, but imagine it with a red-black combo seat cover, red floor mat and red-black steering wheel cover:-) will defenitely look sporty.

Success of FIGO depends on pricing (both product and spare).
Old 27th January 2010, 14:43   #155
BHPian

Excellent review, GTO.
As always it's a wonderful job, covering roof to rubber without even missing the slightest details that are normally overlooked.

On the exterior, we all know how it looked when they unveiled it sometime back. Hence there was not much expectations on that front. The diesel engine is just a lift from Fiesta and we know that it will do well as it did in the Ikon. Hence the only "Wow" expected was the interior. But I personally feel its a big let down. When Chevy can do so much with Beat, why not Ford at least to match it if not beat it? Even rear power windows are sacrificed in the name of cost cutting. It gives a kind of feel that I got on seeing the Toyota hatch, Etios. Though interiors do not look cheap, they still looked aged and is definitely not modern. At least they could have had a premium variant with all the goodies.
Old 27th January 2010, 15:43   #156
BHPian

Hats off to GTO !!

You keep us impressing with quality reviews consistently.
After having a look at BEAT last week I was seriously thinking of going for it for my sister, other opitions shortlisted were A* Vxi, I10 1.2 Magna and Ritz Lxi. As she has a fixed budget of 4 lacks, I have almost decided with with A* though it was cramped, but I felt it powerful enough, way better plastics than WagonR and even SWIFT, excellent AC, until I have driven a BEAT. Figo is adding more confusion :( !.

With somany options may be a class below, is Punto MJD E+ is a real value for money ? especially at 7.52 OTR Bnagalore.
Old 27th January 2010, 15:59   #157
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
My thinking, its too timid and very much can very much go the way Getz and Uva has gone.
The Getz and UVA didn't have a fuel efficient diesel! The Getz started with too high a price, and a diesel was only added in its phasing out period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_head View Post
Agreed. But its not the existing Swift and Ritz Ford has to watch out for. Its the Jap biggies they have to be wary of. The Etios and Honda small car might be more than a match for Figo.
No one can match the cost structure of Maruti, Hyundai and Tata. That's the problem the Jap biggies have (Toyota & Honda). Look what happened to the Jazz' MRP.

The next gen Swift? Yeah that will be something to look forward to. It sure has a tough act to follow what with the success of the currently sold model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
But then I wonder who will pay almost 7.5Lac + for the diesel Fiesta for just an additional boot.
You make an extremely intelligent point, Sparkled. If the Figo enters the market with a VFM price tag, how much will the Fiesta be hit? After all, the only real difference will be the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
With somany options may be a class below, is Punto MJD E+ is a real value for money ? especially at 7.52 OTR Bnagalore.
The Punto only has more challenging times ahead. Figo launching soon, ditto with the VW Polo....Fiat is realising that its easier to sell a 8 lakh entry-level diesel sedan (Linea) than it is to sell a 7 lakh rupee premium hatch (Punto). The Punto, in only 5 months of launch, is down to a mere 500 odd units (December 2009 sales).
Old 27th January 2010, 16:29   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Few Pics from the Goa Event

Few Pics from the Goa Event
Source: Ford Intranet
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-goa_1_02.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-goa_1_05.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-goa_1_07.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-goa_1_08.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-goa_1_09.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-goa_1_10.jpg  

Old 27th January 2010, 17:21   #159
BHPian

Nice comprehensive review GTO,
However the more i see of Beat and Figo the more i admire the italians for their designing skills. Beat is loud and Figo is just dated. My concern with this car is on the design front. It will age too quickly. Is it really too much to ask for a modern competitive hatch with looks to match at a comfortable price point?
Recently punto left my bro stranded witha a broken sleeve cylinder. Now suddenly Punto doesnt seem reliable, Figo doesn't appeal that much aesthetically, Jazz has a high price & i m too boring for Beat.

Any suggestions guys?
I realize its slightly off topic, but most other points have been covered under the review, its so beautifully done so i didnt add anything for the heck of it..
Just one thing GTO, you have mentioned the profile of rubber. does it suffice or an upgrade is desirable?
Old 27th January 2010, 18:06   #160
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish.uno View Post
However the more i see of Beat and Figo the more i admire the italians for their designing skills.
You can say that again! Simply can't beat the Punto on style! I saw a black one on sunday while crossing the road, made me turn my head and the rear looked wicked with that all metal / thin tail lamp design.

Quote:
Just one thing GTO, you have mentioned the profile of rubber. does it suffice or an upgrade is desirable?
For the kind of power that the 1.2 & the 1.4 churn out, 175 is enough. Of course, when the 1.6 is launched, that's when we'll talk of upgrades.
Old 27th January 2010, 18:15   #161
Senior - BHPian

Do they have a version with black center console? (instead of silver)

any 0-100 numbers for the petrol and diesel.
Old 27th January 2010, 18:18   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Do they have a version with black center console? (instead of silver)

any 0-100 numbers for the petrol and diesel.
0-100 in 15.xx secs for both Petrol and Diesel.
Old 27th January 2010, 18:35   #163
Senior - BHPian

Lot of people have hounded Ford for not offering rear power windows, (PW). Actually manual windows have a great advantage and are very much beneficial in Emergency Situations like in a Blown/ shorted/ failed Battery, Passengers sitting inside the Car without the Keys of it-will at least not suffocate now ,remember people perished during Mumbai's flood 26/7 conditions......

I feel it is a smart move by Ford to keep the car price as low as possible. The half-way rolling windows are due to a design constrain, this usually happens when the Side Impact Beam / Wheel arches comes in the way of the Window Winder.

Ford did not bother to redesign and increase the cost. They smartly left it the way it is and added a Manual Window Winder & hence clearly saved here Rs.7-10k by not going the Power way....

Last edited by tj123 : 27th January 2010 at 18:35. Reason: Typo
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2010, 19:38   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Lot of people have hounded Ford for not offering rear power windows, (PW). Actually manual windows have a great advantage and are very much beneficial in Emergency Situations like in a Blown/ shorted/ failed Battery, Passengers sitting inside the Car without the Keys of it-will at least not suffocate now ,remember people perished during Mumbai's flood 26/7 conditions......

I feel it is a smart move by Ford to keep the car price as low as possible. The half-way rolling windows are due to a design constrain, this usually happens when the Side Impact Beam / Wheel arches comes in the way of the Window Winder.

Ford did not bother to redesign and increase the cost. They smartly left it the way it is and added a Manual Window Winder & hence clearly saved here Rs.7-10k by not going the Power way....
The safety angle you mention is valid but doesnt cut much ice. By that logic we all should stop doing several things.
Power window assemblies are a lot cheaper than you think. The cost increment, for a manufacturer, would not have been more than 3.5k per car. Ford could have absorbed this for sake of volumes.
Old 27th January 2010, 22:45   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_head View Post
The safety angle you mention is valid but doesnt cut much ice. By that logic we all should stop doing several things.
Power window assemblies are a lot cheaper than you think. The cost increment, for a manufacturer, would not have been more than 3.5k per car. Ford could have absorbed this for sake of volumes.
Ford is pitching in a VFM car, hence its prudent to focus on really essential features that can make a difference in the ownership experience rather than focus on features which wudnt really dent the ownership experience much.
Point with the power windows it can only glide down only by 40-50%, so why spend that 3.5k per car when one canr roll it down by 40-50%. I think it makes sense to do away with this and provide something much more valuable.

I see lot of people complaining about rear power windows issue. IMHO, it has to be looked at in the right perspective. If one is going to view Ford as being stingy and cutting corners, he/she will be irked by Fords decision. If you look at it the way I reasoned in the previous paragraph, you wudnt mind PWs omission and might even appreciate Fords decision.

Last edited by rajivn : 27th January 2010 at 22:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks