Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 19:53   #361
BANNED

I asked Ncr ford in Delhi, if they are taking the booking and they said yes for Rs. 50000 but later they have come down to Rs.10000 after lot of arguement.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:29   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I asked Ncr ford in Delhi, if they are taking the booking and they said yes for Rs. 50000 but later they have come down to Rs.10000 after lot of arguement.
Jacksons, for very long I'm searching for a person like you

Could you please let me know the reasons why I chose to book a car which is not officialy launched, price not announced, you haven't TDed the car, etc

I'm always surprised by this scenario.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:33   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Jacksons, for very long I'm searching for a person like you

Could you please let me know the reasons why I chose to book a car which is not officialy launched, price not announced, you haven't TDed the car, etc

I'm always surprised by this scenario.
The reason is simple "Early Delivery of the CAR". Most people who book the car are sold on it by the reviews, looks etc etc. They book the car right away and once the car arrives for TD they check it out and if they like it they go ahead otherwise asks the booking amount back.

Know a few of them who did the same after checking Beat, but canceled it after driving it.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:41   #364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
The reason is simple "Early Delivery of the CAR". Most people who book the car are sold on it by the reviews, looks etc etc. They book the car right away and once the car arrives for TD they check it out and if they like it they go ahead otherwise asks the booking amount back.

Know a few of them who did the same after checking Beat, but canceled it after driving it.
You have replied, what I wanted to say.
This is why I wanted to pay only Rs. 10000 and no more for booking.
Any way I have asked the dealer for term and conditions of the booking before I give anything.
Also thrill of owning something which is new and rare is also there.

Last edited by jacksons : 17th February 2010 at 20:53.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:57   #365
BHPian

Odometer with fuel gauge included is a nice change from perspective of a commom man, who rarely looks at the RPM meter. Convenience.
Reddish color of dash is hard to digest at the moment.
Overall it seems a nice package.
Old 17th February 2010, 21:15   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting. Good Luck jacksons
Old 17th February 2010, 21:29   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Leave aside the display cars... There are secret test drives happening for people who have booked the car!

Yesterday, my colleague spotted a Green Figo in his apartment complex at 10PM bought for a TD with Temp regn plates
I like it! I like it! ... Secret test drives . lol i love this. Companies are at last wooing the consumer into buying their cars. That means they are interested in keeping the customers happy. Good time ahead !
Old 17th February 2010, 23:05   #368
BHPian

Figo pricing is going to be announced on the 9th of March and bookings commence post that.
Old 17th February 2010, 23:16   #369
BHPian

Secret test drives !!

Does that mean you are eligible for test drive only after you booked the car ? or I missed something? I don't really able to understand the logic. People will definitely notice these cars so it's not secret rather restricted. If these dealers have got these cars with temp registration does that means RTO approval is in place? if so why not allow other people to get their hands on it.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:41   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
You have replied, what I wanted to say.
This is why I wanted to pay only Rs. 10000 and no more for booking.
Any way I have asked the dealer for term and conditions of the booking before I give anything.
Also thrill of owning something which is new and rare is also there.

Good going Jacks.....That's a good strategy to get priority on TD's & owning a car in case you like it. Do share your TD experience.
Old 18th February 2010, 11:15   #371
Senior - BHPian

yesterday evening, near suvidha shopping centre, saw a mint green TN passing Ford Figo parked, with parking lights on, and was sure it was figo, couldnt click its pics as was not carrying my cell phone, has it launched yet.Also wat surprised me was a TN passing car in my city.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:06   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
yesterday evening, near suvidha shopping centre, saw a mint green TN passing Ford Figo parked, with parking lights on, and was sure it was figo, couldnt click its pics as was not carrying my cell phone, has it launched yet.Also wat surprised me was a TN passing car in my city.
thats a surprise. I guess the car could be here in the city for demo or display at the FORD showroom.

O.T. Like its mentioned in today's paper they are going to display PRIUS at Karnavati Club this weekend.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:09   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
thats a surprise. I guess the car could be here in the city for demo or display at the FORD showroom.

O.T. Like its mentioned in today's paper they are going to display PRIUS at Karnavati Club this weekend.
may be,but still if thats for a demo, why would a dealer run it around city with personal name registered TN plates on it.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:23   #374
BHPian

In Bangalore, at about 11AM today...
I spotted a couple of Mint Green Ford Figo's being driven to the Bosch plant, off Hosa Road.
Old 18th February 2010, 13:11   #375
BHPian

wow, good to see Figo being spotted in Bengaluru too.

Can understand price decisions being withheld until official launch.. but any reason why they haven't officially disclosed details like variants, features, mileage, etc. when the car is already in production. Any likelihood of such values changing so late in the life-cycle ?

Most Viewed