Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 10:52   #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Well, you aren't a geek dude. The calculations are correct. To put it in another way, if the monthly usage is around 1500-1600 Kms, the advantage of diesel can be taken in about 4-5 years.

The factors that need to be considered are
Initial Cost difference between Petrol and diesel car
Mileage
Fuel Efficiency
Maintenance Cost
Interest burden due to extra loan amount for diesel or Loss of investment opportunity for the extra amount
Resale value

Do the maths and figure. Read more here,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vs-diesel.html

P.S: If you love the rev happy ford petrols, then you'll sorely miss them in the diesels.

In my experience, the petrol fiesta transforms to a beast after 3K RPM;the diesel's breath goes off at that RPM. Everytime I fill up a tank the petrol Fiesta says DTE, 370-385 Kms;the diesel fiesta says DTE-685 Kms. Lot of heartburn there. So it's kind of heart vs brain decision also

Please check the calculations in the above mentioned thread. It might help.
The attached xlsx file could be useful in this argument.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx car.xlsx (20.0 KB, 2123 views)
Old 12th March 2010, 14:30   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Again! Its like the 4th or 5th time they are 'launching' it. Someone is desparate for media buzz.
If that's not enough, here's some more

"The launch of the new Figo is drawing significant media attention as Ford rolls out launch events in tier-two cities, starting Thursday with press conferences in Bangalore at the Lalit Ashoka and Hyderabad at the Taj Banjara. The launch continues with events in Chandigarh on Tuesday, March 16; Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, and Kolkata on Wednesday, March 17; Pune and Kochi on Thursday, March 18; and in Nagpur and Guwahati on Friday, March 19. Major events were held earlier this week in New Delhi and Mumbai."
Old 12th March 2010, 15:13   #753
RGK
Senior - BHPian

This Diesel vs Petrol calculation is correct. As said by many fcars doing lesser kms the best option is petrol. But when you do a tank fill for petrol - your heart comes out, but that is not in the case of diesel. Since buying a car is one time investment, generally we do not think after that. Fuel filling is a recurring expense and we feel the burden at that time. As said heart overtakes mind at this time.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:30   #754
BHPian

Just called up Chandigarh ford dealer, he told the On Road price for 1.4 titanium is 5,35,788
Old 12th March 2010, 19:42   #755
BHPian

Accessory Price List

Got the Pricelist of Accessories of Ford Figo. Have a look
Attached Files
File Type: xls ACCESSORIES PRICE LIST OF FIGO.xls (28.0 KB, 4676 views)
Old 12th March 2010, 19:52   #756
Senior - BHPian

Decent pricing, how about spare parts pricing?
Old 12th March 2010, 20:53   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Fog lamps are Rs 4250.. I think I'll be getting them. Not too sure about the alloys though. Will 15 inchers make the ride too harsh on bad roads?
Old 12th March 2010, 21:33   #758
BHPian

One more internal mail with the MPL prices. See the new extra column.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford_figo_off_prices.jpg  

Old 12th March 2010, 22:11   #759
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
USB CABLE FOR FORD AUDIO for 1200?

That thing is available in internet for 50. Its just a cable.
Old 12th March 2010, 22:47   #760
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post

. These items, we need to check with an electronic shop.
When is your car getting delivered.
Old 12th March 2010, 23:45   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post

This are the things that they earn extra from.
Old 13th March 2010, 00:51   #762
BHPian

Took a short Test drive of Figo Diesel today at Metro Ford. Figo is impressive and I feel it is a VFM Car. Something which is designed to do it's job flawlessly.

1) Brakes have good bite.

2) Horn had to be depressed hard to make it work

3) Excellent & direct Steering, a Ford trait (I drive an Ikon)

4) Don't expect earth shattering performance. Engine is very smooth and the Power delivery is linear. It is not as punchy as a Multijet in Swift

5) Handling - Excellent, again a Ford trait

6) Footwell is not cramped like in a Punto

7) Spacious boot

8) Cabin feels very airy thanks to the generous glass area

9) Doors does not close with a "thud" but a "thunk", personally didn't like it but then it feels well built and solid but not as good as a Punto.

10) Interiors are pretty simple & functional but some plastic parts looks & feels flimsy

11) Rear legroom seems to be lil better than a Punto

12) Cabin seemed to be well insulated, very less intrusion of Engine/Road noise.

Overall a no-nonsense practical VFM hatch. Should do well if Ford marketing does it's job well. Will it displace Swift from the Numero Uno spot? Well not really!! Unfortunately not all Indian car buyers are Team-bhp members and for them what matters most is better FE, Resale value & Cheaper A** and Maruti has the odds stacked in it's favor. But I feel that Ford has put in a stupendous effort to take the game to Maruti and eventually it will benefit consumers .

OT - I still don't get why Maruti fails to offer a Swift Diesel with Airbags But things should change for the better.

Last edited by lloydofcochin : 13th March 2010 at 00:57.
Old 13th March 2010, 11:10   #763
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
In my Fiesta SXI also, initially it was bit hard, but over a period of time and usage, I find it easier now. Another technique is to depress it right at the edges instead of pressing from top, which I find easier and softer

+1..in this forum itself, I have come across ONLY 1 thread where the member had a bad experience with the Ford A.S.S..that too, he got a new vehicle from FORD finally.
+2... exactly, we are putting in our best, being very strict with our dealerships. But you know our dealers, it takes some time to transform a pony into a trophy horse... But i assure you, In 3 years we will be one of the in industry's finest in A.S.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
i dont know about other bhagat ford .but i visited bhagat ford in ludhiana twice and they were very professional , prompt and polite

Believe me, All of the Bhagat ford dealers are very professional, prompt & polite. They are the best that we have.

They also got showrooms of Volvo & Hyundai with them.

Anyone who bought a car from them knows about it.
Old 13th March 2010, 14:02   #764
BHPian

[quote=The profit will come over 60000 KM's (at Rs 15 per km). If someone drives 1000km per month, that's 5 yrs after which diesel would become profitable. And maintenance is higher on diesel.

However, this does not take into account things like driveability which for FIGO is said to be better in diesel.[/quote]

Hey nobody is taking into account the Higher resale value the diesel will have over petrol.I think the petrol will fetch poor resale on account of its ordinary engine and guess 50,000 rs may be saved at time of resale after 5 yrs.
Old 13th March 2010, 14:03   #765

I'm surprised there's not been much said about the technology features of the car. I mean, which hatch in India gives an integrated stereo with bluetooth at 4L rupees.

The other features like DTE, electronic assisted ORVM's (comes only in the estillo), speed sensing volumes, auto-unlock on ignition off etc are amazing at the price point.

I haven't seen a more feature rich car at this price point.

For drivers like me for whom comfort and convenience features form a big part of the driving experience, the FIGO is a killer app.

Any comments about the OEM that comes with FIGO? GTO mentioned that BASS is not up to the mark. I tried it out (with FM only), but really couldn't test it out with a variety of sounds.

Most Viewed