Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 12:34   #961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hi Mustang, is it true that in the fiesta the diesel engine has hydraulic mounts while in the figo they have rubber mounts and hence the higher vibration inside the cabin as compared to the figo?

You are 100% right on this. The Fiesta comes with hydraulic engine mounts and the Figo with regular rubber ones, as a cost cutting measure. Thats another reaso the Figo is priced lower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Actually i did not respond to this earlier also as i dont know but will find out soon.
I can confirm this here
Indiacar.com - Shoot out By TopGear Ford Fiesta 1.4 EXI, Chevrolet Aveo 1.4, Hyundai Accent GLE

Quote:
What’s even more impressive is the suppression of NVH, with the hydraulic engine mounts taking care of vibrations and the extensive – in some places eight layers – of insulation isolating the passenger compartment from noise and harshness.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:52   #962
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also Vid, in such an accident, had it just been a plastic beam then you would have probably seen the engine on the driver , & almost everyone dead. So this is not the case vid, hence it proves that there is a metal impact beam enclosed by that plastic.
Actually the engine will not get pushed into the cabin because of the side crumple zones and the firewall. That horizontal beam takes care of frontal impacts of a smaller magnitude.

If it was a smaller accident then you would see the difference between metal and plastic.

The metal would have bent but provided some strength to not let the radiator hit the turbo and exhaust manifold. Now since it is plastic it may snap and push the condenser into the exhaust manifold and turbo assembly.

If you have an impact such as the one above nothing can be done whether metal or plastic.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:59   #963
BANNED

Give me 5 days & i will get you all the details from a more trusted source (I am in QC, :lol) But one thing is confirmed that we tested this vehicle for safety as per NCAP norms here in Chennai & it is has given us a cool 4 out of 5 stars(according to the procedures followed) . So I dont think you will have anything to worry about regarding safety of this vehicle. <------ Verified & Certified by QC , ford India

PS - We even Rammed a bus at a speed of 80 kmph into the rear of the figo .

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 18th March 2010 at 13:00.
Old 18th March 2010, 13:06   #964
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Give me 5 days & i will get you all the details from a more trusted source (I am in QC, :lol) But one thing is confirmed that we tested this vehicle for safety as per NCAP norms here in Chennai & it is has given us a cool 4 out of 5 stars(according to the procedures followed) . So I dont think you will have anything to worry about regarding safety of this vehicle. <------ Verified & Certified by QC , ford India

PS - We even Rammed a bus at a speed of 80 kmph into the rear of the figo .
lol. Good stuff. Thanks again for patiently replying to our posts.

Actually I'm not too concerned about the Safety as such.

My main concern is with repair bills for small bumps which happen regularly in the city.

In Bangalore there are these funny speed breakers and sometimes huge kerbs that even while parking one can bump the front bumper to the bumper.

For a small hit to the kerb while parking I don't want the plastic beam to break and radiator and A/C condenser to fall of the plastic clamp. lol. That will give me a heart attack. Bill will have new A/C condenser, new plastic beam and what not.
Old 18th March 2010, 13:17   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Looks like a major accident - cannot fault the TD guy who managed to check the safety features
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
I find it extremely disturbing to see people ripping cars in the name of test drives especially on busy city roads and end up like the one in pic above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
But, it does look like serious accident, I think the passengers walked out without injury (cabin is intact).
Yes, it was a major accident. It banged into a Tata Ace and the Ace is shapeless now. I have seen Tata Aces being driven rashly here in Blore, so cant really figure out whose mistake it was. I am sure the Figo passengers are safe, not sure about the people in the Ace.

P.S. This pic was taken in Mico Layout police station with police permission
Old 18th March 2010, 14:09   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it does come with a tacho.
Mustang 101 Please inform your publicity / website maintenance team to correct this mistake, Exi still shows that it does not have a tachometer.

Please refer to my previous post where I have shown a screen-shot highlighting the anomaly.
Old 18th March 2010, 14:18   #967
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone else noticed that plastic moulding/bottleholder for rear seats around the handbrake lever is only available on the Titanium?
Old 18th March 2010, 14:22   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that plastic moulding/bottleholder for rear seats around the handbrake lever is only available on the Titanium?
Are you sure about this? I saw a Zxi in showroom and it had it.
The sales team at metro told me that the Exi,Zxi would be exactly the same.
The website doesnt mention anything like this, even the guys at the showroom didnt tell me anything.

I hope ford isnt trying to fool its customers this way.
Old 18th March 2010, 14:39   #969

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hi Mustang, is it true that in the fiesta the diesel engine has hydraulic mounts while in the figo they have rubber mounts and hence the higher vibration inside the cabin as compared to the figo?
How is it on other premium hatchbacks???
Old 18th March 2010, 15:08   #970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
lol. Good stuff. Thanks again for patiently replying to our posts.

Actually I'm not too concerned about the Safety as such.

My main concern is with repair bills for small bumps which happen regularly in the city.

In Bangalore there are these funny speed breakers and sometimes huge kerbs that even while parking one can bump the front bumper to the bumper.

For a small hit to the kerb while parking I don't want the plastic beam to break and radiator and A/C condenser to fall of the plastic clamp. lol. That will give me a heart attack. Bill will have new A/C condenser, new plastic beam and what not.
Bull bar upfront? Not sure how will a figo look with that!
Old 18th March 2010, 15:11   #971
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Are you sure about this? I saw a Zxi in showroom and it had it.
The sales team at metro told me that the Exi,Zxi would be exactly the same.
The website doesnt mention anything like this, even the guys at the showroom didnt tell me anything.

I hope ford isnt trying to fool its customers this way.
I saw 2 petrol ZXi's and both did not have this piece below:

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford_figo_12.jpg
Old 18th March 2010, 15:27   #972
Senior - BHPian

just curious OT query,

in case of TD vehicle meeting with accident? should the person TD-ing be paying from his pocket? or insurance covers the entire repair expenses
Old 18th March 2010, 15:52   #973
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Just now did a Figo diesel test drive at Mount Rd. Chennai.

I dont know all the techie stuff being talked above, but one thing for sure, Ride is very very nice.

I like the driving seat comfort, steering wheel is like a toy in hand, gear system and suspension is pretty nice. Pickup is good once you cross the 20KMPH speed. Initial 0-20 is slow after that it picks up very fast.

I liked the Green & Black colors and the Titanium model.

Music system looks cheap, quality is OK.

Some areas which you wont like are the cheap plastics.

Interiors are OK, comfort is very good though.

A definite buy just for the proven engine, good space & ride comfort.
Old 18th March 2010, 15:58   #974
Senior - BHPian

Can we have a wider range of color options? Other than the Sea Grey which is same as on the Fiesta and SQZ, there are none that are really appealing. I know color choices are subjective. But i had gone to the ware house to choose a color and saw a white, a silver, a sqz, a red and a chill Figo standing side by side. No Sea Grey and thats the one we ended up booking! The chill is too dull and hardly stands apart from the silver. White very soon will be all over the taxi market given the unmatched price.
No blue, no wine, no maroon! Fiesta has such a range of colors!

The same dealer also has a Chevy dealership. Across a fence, there were Beats of many hues and colors standing. Their color schemes seemed so much wider. A case of you get what you pay for?
Old 18th March 2010, 16:44   #975
BHPian

Can anybody do a TD of the Petrol and give some layman feedback.

Or is it that the Petrol is so bad that no one is touching it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks