Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 15:11   #991
BHPian

I didn't see anyone commenting on my TD experience of sluggish 2nd gear in the Diesel version. I wonder it was something specific to the TD car I drove..Or my expectation about the supposedly better low end torque of Diesel, a little too much ??!!

With 3 visits to Lathangi Ford so far, I have seen all colors except Chill. In my booking, I put Red as first choice and Sea Grey as second choice. After seeing Red, I don't think of a second preference at all ! Equally good is Black, but I don't see many people opting for it as it is very tough to maintain it scratch free.
@Mustang.101 - I did my booking on 7 March and now sales guy says delivery around 27th..He says my priority is 12 for TDCi Titanium Red. It would be great if you could crosscheck the booking status. My user name sounds same as my first name and my booking is from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. Now you do the detective work :-)
Old 19th March 2010, 16:47   #992
Senior - BHPian

i wonder how someone who lives in my colony has got his titanium green figo more than 2 weeks back and its registered also.
need to strike a conversation with him and figure out how he got his car so soon - in fact even before the official price announcement this chap had his car for a week
Old 20th March 2010, 01:11   #993
BANNED

The car looks really good, tough competitiom to Ritz / i20 / Punto. Hope Ford keeps to the expectation this car has raised.
Old 20th March 2010, 01:46   #994
Senior - BHPian

Question to the FORD guys.

Do FORD dealerships allow customers to shift to Synthetic oil like after 10k KM's ?
Old 20th March 2010, 08:12   #995
RGK
Senior - BHPian

kiku007, mission_safari, mustang.101, Brix ----
Great to know about your work spot. This will help bhpians and their friends in case of any issues.
Any F&F scheme announced for Figo
Old 20th March 2010, 08:17   #996
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
kiku007, mission_safari, mustang.101, Brix ----
Any F&F scheme announced for Figo
What is F&F? Is it Family and Friends?

BTW, can any of the Ford t-bhpians confirm that Ford Fusion is going out of production? From when is it going out of production?

If somebody is interested to buy a Ford Fusion in any existing inventory, will they get a good discount deal?
Old 20th March 2010, 08:21   #997
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post

BTW, can any of the Ford t-bhpians confirm that Ford Fusion is going out of production? From when is it going out of production?

If somebody is interested to buy a Ford Fusion in any existing inventory, will they get a good discount deal?
Yes. Also it would be better to know about Ikon TDCi's future.
Old 20th March 2010, 09:02   #998
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

Another question - will the Figo HU fit in Fiesta, just like that?
Yes, I guess it will fit in the fiesta as the size is same & so is the company designing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Question to the FORD guys.

Do FORD dealerships allow customers to shift to Synthetic oil like after 10k KM's ?
If you are under warranty, Then using anything that is not recommended by the manufacturer will void your warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post

F&F is family & friends & these deals are not applicable on the figo.

Ford fusion is out of production since probably october or november -2009, however they declared that it has been discontinued only January -2010.

Sorry but you cant get a new ford fusion right now as i was the last person in the whole nation to buy a new ford fusion , I took delivery of the vehicle on jan 4th, 2010. It was the last ford fusion to be ever sold in India. However you can get an awesome deal on a used ford fusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes. Also it would be better to know about Ikon TDCi's future.
Ikon TDCi will be discontinued in december 2010 probably, dates are not confirmed though.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 20th March 2010 at 09:04.
Old 20th March 2010, 09:23   #999
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Ford fusion is out of production since probably october or november -2009, however they declared that it has been discontinued only January -2010.

Sorry but you cant get a new ford fusion right now as i was the last person in the whole nation to buy a new ford fusion , I took delivery of the vehicle on jan 4th, 2010. It was the last ford fusion to be ever sold in India. However you can get an awesome deal on a used ford fusion.

Cant help shedding a few tears on the Ford Fusion going out of production.

And congrats on your Fusion purchase
Old 20th March 2010, 09:27   #1000
BHPian

Drove the Figo 1.4L version.
- I liked the space & the familiar feel of driving a ford (my wife owns a ikon rally sport).
-The noise level was high, but with the music system on, i guess one should be able to drown it.
- I wish they had an option of removing the very plasticky silver facia for the music system and replacing it with a dull black. It would look so much better and less cheesy.
- The lack of power windows in the rear seats are a big disappointment - most mothers driving with their kids in the rear seat would like to have controls, including window lock.
- The titanium option ought to be more well equipped - tire size, alloys, climate control, rear parking sensors would have been a good response to the VW and i20. A sports version with these would be good.
- I think they should encourage a loyalty program of ford owners to remain in the ford family. There is an overwhelming response to the new launches of VW, Ford etc, but these are small touches that go a long way.

- I did not get a chance to take it on a long drive or speeds greater than 50kmph. Do the stock tires need to be changed for stability? Any recommendations?

Ford does not seem to have the extended warranty package yet (beyond 2 years).
I like the fact that Ford recognizes that Team-BHP is a set of influential enthusiasts and the word of mouth marketing is powerful. I downloaded a brochure and within a few hours got a call from them. I hope that their dealer network keeps pace with them.

Last edited by rangaraj : 20th March 2010 at 09:32.
Old 20th March 2010, 10:21   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Just comparing the design cues of Americans and Italians!
joethomasv's Figo and Googled Punto.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-comp.jpg  

Old 20th March 2010, 10:22   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
4500 RPM, the redline starts
Thanks Mustang, should have asked in prev question? What is the Run in period for Diesel one? and any care to be taken during that time?
Old 20th March 2010, 10:25   #1003
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mustang you did 150 on the petrol or the TDCi?

Thank you.
Both... However this is not the top speed & both of them have a higher top speed.
Old 20th March 2010, 10:27   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Striking similarities! Punto appears more sleek and neat for me.
Old 20th March 2010, 10:27   #1005
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Thanks Mustang, should have asked in prev question? What is the Run in period for Diesel one? and any care to be taken during that time?
The run in for the diesel(or even the petrol) is actually not specified by ford india, however i did a run in on my fusion TDCi for 1500 kms just making sure that i change gears at 3000 rpm & dont drive for a longer time on revs greater than 3000 rpm.

Most Viewed