Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:22   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@BRIX

Ques.My driver told me that diesel cars will lead to aches and pains due to vibrations. I know thats funny to some people, but he being in the trade made this point. How much of a true statement is that?

Ans: Not True.
I agree with Mustang on this and would like to add a few more points to dispel the myth

The claim of your driver is completely WRONG. The new generations diesels (CRDi's, DDIS's, TCDi's) are giving the petrol engines a run for their money in terms of performance not to mention the addictive torque

The situation in Europe is a case in point.

I drive a 3 pot Accent CRDi. I was indeed very apprehensive when I picked it as it is a 3 pot Diesel engine. But in the 4.5 (50k kms) year ownership all myths have been blown away.

It has been very reliable and Hyundai's A.S.S has been top notch for me atleast.

My friends who drive the Fiesta TCDi rave about the same.

Sorry to go but the concern would have been absolutely valid in the days of IDI where I remember people burning paper and placing them under the oil sump to get them started in Bangalore

Hope this helps

Cheers

Last edited by csateesh : 22nd March 2010 at 17:24.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:01   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
There is an ebony dash?

I thought only black and coral red were on offer! Do you have pics of how it looks?
Ebony is nothing but Fordspeak for black.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:02   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
There is an ebony dash?

I thought only black and coral red were on offer! Do you have pics of how it looks?

Also does anyone have pics of a panther black figo? I'd like to see how it looks
well they call the black as ebony for reasons unknown Don't have a picture, have seen the one standing at MPL Nandanam.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:02   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is an ebony dash?

Also does anyone have pics of a panther black figo? I'd like to see how it looks

Thats the color I'm getting here is a bad quality pic of how the color looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img0039a.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2010, 18:03   #1040
BANNED

Quote:
There is an ebony dash?

Ebony black is the black dash board itself. Ford has given there style of name.

Panther black is more blacky than grey.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:08   #1041
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Regarding Coral IP, there is a opinion from many of the buyers that coral IP means top end model and opt for that. This coral IP (liked & disliked by many) makes the car -- top end model in a single shot. Sales guys also say to new car buyers - "red dash board - top end model".
I think ebony black takes a back seat here...
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:21   #1042
BANNED

Quote:

One panther black figo coming up ! not a good one though. During the Gurgaon-Jaipur drive.

Flickr Photo Download: Ford Figo Media Drive
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:57   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No for fiesta it will remain the same ie. 6 months / 5000 kms.
But how is this possible when the engine and many of the internals are shared between the two. I am thinking that the Fiesta can do 12 months/10K kms as well, but Ford will not say so as they will lose out on service revenue. With the Figo they had no choice because the competition is offering 12 months service intervals.

Last edited by Gilead : 22nd March 2010 at 19:00.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:57   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
There is an ebony dash?

anekho, Ebony/Black is the same option. Yes, I happened to see a Figo in panther black and it is stunning . If you can maintain well without scratches, panther black is an excellent option. I have seen all colors except Chill and liked all except the Squeeze...As somebody told, choice of a rich dad's gift to daughter . No offense meant to those who chose this color, it is all subjective !
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:59   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One panther black figo coming up ! not a good one though. During the Gurgaon-Jaipur drive.

Flickr Photo Download: Ford Figo Media Drive
mustang thats the sea grey and not the black
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:02   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply's guys.

When I read ebony, I was kinda shocked and expected i20 look-a-like interiors

Thanks for the snaps of the panther black figo captain_slow (or should I call you james? ) and mustang! Looks pretty sweet.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:14   #1047
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
But how is this possible when the engine and many of the internals are shared between the two. I am thinking that the Fiesta can do 12 months/10K kms as well, but Ford will not say so as they will lose out on service revenue. With the Figo they had no choice because the competition is offering 12 months service intervals.
Actually some modifications are their in the figo that are not there for the fiesta, moreover if you wish to wait one year before a service, you can do that(subject to only old cars ie. who have claimed their 3 free services), no problems at all, I get my Ikon serviced once in 15 months & its in mint condition & never caused a problem to me. its been 8 years

PS - Do Check engine oil & coolant once a week & top up if by chance you find it less, moreover top it up at an authorised for ford dealership as excessive coolant or oil may/will cause drop in FE & performance.

*Disclaimer - Personal experience, Resemblance/Non resemblence to same/other cars/manufacturer's & other events is purely coincidental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
mustang thats the sea grey and not the black
Ooops, *** correction ***

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/136871.jpg
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:40   #1048
BHPian

I once did some coding for adding a disclaimer to every email sent out of a particular system. Looks like that.

I appreciate all the work you have done Mustang.
Proof - I booked the diesel today. This thread and the prices thread has motivated me to do so. Not Ford Marketing or any other factor.

Quote:
*Disclaimer - Personal experience, Resemblance/Non resemblence to same/other cars/manufacturer's & other events is purely coincidental.
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:53   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually some modifications are their in the figo that are not there for the fiesta
Could you explain the reasoning behind using a 150cc AC compressor on a 1.2 liter engine . Wont this have a negative effect on accleration and Fuel Economy? esp w/o climate control. Its almost double the size of competing vehicles.

Is it a scroll or piston type compressor?

Also, if this is Ford's prefered strategy then will the more expensive Fiesta twins also get this.

Last edited by Mpower : 22nd March 2010 at 23:14.
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:49   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Could you explain the reasoning behind using a 150cc AC compressor on a 1.2 liter engine . Wont this have a negative effect on accletation and Fuel Economy? esp w/o climate control. Its almost double the size of competing vehicles.

Is it a scroll or piston type compressor?

Also, if this is Ford's prefered strategy then will the more expensive Fiesta twins also get this.
Mustang dude, don't tell me the Figo has a better AC than the Fiesta! Not that I am complaining about the Fiesta AC. It's easily the best in class.

What other engineering bits have been improved upon in the Figo?

Most Viewed