Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:44   #1066
BHPian

You mean third year warranty? Its 2390 for Petrol and 3490 for Diesel.
If thats what you are asking. And its free for certain Corporates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Can anyone here post the exact price of two year warranty for figo petrol (ZXI)? Every one is saying different prices.
That was a media drive, so it would belong to the factory. Even the cars GTO tested in Goa are TN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Wow Mustang,

You saw a "TN" registered Figo on Gurgaon - Jaipur Highway.

Someone must have driven miles and miles and more already while most are still discussing whether Figos have hit the road ...
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:59   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Red and Chill colours

I am uploading some snaps of red and chill colour Figos. The chill is more similar to gun metal colour seen on the AHNC. It's not like the real earth(golden shade) seen on Santros and i10's. I'll let the pictures do the talking. A squeeze colour Figo can also be seen in the background.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-red.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-chill.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-redchill.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2010, 16:27   #1068
Senior - BHPian

short TD report of Figo petrol

When I paid a visit to the Ford showroom at Cochin to have a look at the petrol Figo, the sales executive said that he could give delivery within 10 days of booking at the max. I did a short test drive too. The petrol version does not seem to be very quick, though its not a slow couch either. Its not as responsive as say the K series twins but will get the job done. The petrol engine is not for petrol heads. You need to look elsewhere for that. If you floor the throttle, you get a good note from the exhaust, but the car seems less eager that the exhaust note!
The Figo has got a good driver seat position. The road ahead is clearly visible and it seems we are sitting slightly higher, given the stance of the car. The boot is huge for its class. It beats the Swift and Ritz hands down in this aspect. The ride is a bit on the stiff side though when driven at speeds below 60 kmph. The car has good on road presence. It looks much better in flesh than in the pictures. In fact the pictures don't do justice to the actual look of this car. Its exceptional value for money. The only doubt I have is with respect to the actual FE figures. The sales executive said the petrol version will give 15-18 kmpl. I doubt this. Overall seems to be a good package but the diesel is the one you should go for as far as possible.

Last edited by longhorn : 23rd March 2010 at 16:34.
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:28   #1069
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
You mean third year warranty? Its 2390 for Petrol and 3490 for Diesel.
If thats what you are asking. And its free for certain Corporates.
I have asked for the two year extended warranty. I think it is the fourth year warranty.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:30   #1070
Senior - BHPian

I have two queations for Mustang101/ Brix/ Kuku007.

1. The Sales executive at Kairali Ford, Cochin tells me that the Figo's pricing is introductory and is valid only for the first 1000 cars. Is this true?

2. In the petrol version, under the bonnet, towards the left hand side, I have seen what I believe is a motor, with exposed copper wires. Won't this motor, or whatever it is, conk off if it gets switched on when wet?
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:34   #1071
BANNED

Quote:

I once did some coding for adding a disclaimer to every email sent out of a particular system. Looks like that.

I appreciate all the work you have done Mustang.
Proof - I booked the diesel today. This thread and the prices thread has motivated me to do so. Not Ford Marketing or any other factor.
Thanks & congratulations brix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Could you explain the reasoning behind using a 150cc AC compressor on a 1.2 liter engine . Wont this have a negative effect on accleration and Fuel Economy? esp w/o climate control. Its almost double the size of competing vehicles.

Is it a scroll or piston type compressor?

Also, if this is Ford's prefered strategy then will the more expensive Fiesta twins also get this.

I can however tell you the reason why its being used, there are 2 reasons:

1) India's one damn hot country
2) Keeping uniformity of parts in inventory that can be fixed on multiple ford vehicles (figo,fusion,fiesta) , this helps us to lower prices of these parts even further.

3) keeping logistics simpler & more efficient for the company & its dealers

Now whether the compressor is piston type or scroll type, well i dont know about it as i am actually not much into this.

Well, about the new fiesta twins, i cant comment on whether this will be the same compressor or not but i will let you know once i come to know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Mustang dude, don't tell me the Figo has a better AC than the Fiesta! Not that I am complaining about the Fiesta AC. It's easily the best in class.

What other engineering bits have been improved upon in the Figo?
Well i never said that its better than the fiesta, However the compressor & the blower motor is the same from the fiesta, hence the figo ac & the fiesta ac should have equal cooling effect.

Well, i wont be telling you about the improvements/modifications in the figo as some people here do get offended by the stuff i tell which is not known to others & if they complaint against me even one more time then it means that i would be banned from t-bhp.

Quote:
Someone has mentioned that the delay was because Figo was being pushed for the BS-IV norms and that the existing lot was BS-III. Is that the reason?

I see that the Fiesta 1.4 TDCi EXI is BS-III in the website.

The showroom person to whom I talked to mentioned that the Figo was BS-V or something. I was stumped. Probably she meant that BS-V will come in 2050 and its ready till then.
All Figos are BS IV models. All current fiestas in stock are BS III models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
OFF TOPIC
One word of appreciation to Mustang and Brix. You guys have worked a lot in getting the doubts clarified for the team members.
In fact thats a factor which is making this thread more interesting read than the Polo thread, as people have doubts but there is no one to answer. I know you must be checking the thread day in and day out and answering our queries.

Hats off to you guys for your contribution.
Thank you, I appreciate it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Question for the good samaritans from Ford:

Will older vehicles with BS III norms like the Fiesta Petrol Sxi I got in Dec 2009, be able to cope up with new, cleaner fuel going to be in vogue from April 1st onwards?
If so, any performance/power/whatever else downsides to the same?
Nothing new is required for the vehicle, Your vehicle performance will be the same as it is currently. Also i advice people here to not use additives like system G & system D for ford vehicles as this is strictly not recommended(by ford) for your vehicle & if detected may void the warranty of your car.

Quote:
If you saw a car with regular license plates, then we can safely assume RTO formalities are complete.

Ford would be really dumb to hike prices so soon. And the road tax hike goes to the state govt. Dealer does not gain anything out of it. I would suggest you visit the yard and see if they are stocking up for yourself.
There will be no hike in ex-showroom prices for the figo by the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Its 3 weeks after the launch and i or we booked even a month before that and has not deliver it.

Ford have started production in February so they have nearly 10k cars ready, but why are not they delivering it?
You were supposed to get your car delivered within 4 days & today is the 4th day, what did your dealer say about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Wow Mustang,

You saw a "TN" registered Figo on Gurgaon - Jaipur Highway.

Someone must have driven miles and miles and more already while most are still discussing whether Figos have hit the road ...
That was one of our plant vehicles.

Quote:
Who is the Preferred Insurance Partner for Ford?

Ex: IFFCO TOKYO is the preferred insurer for Lanson Toyota. Easier on the claims.
Our insurance partners(from what i know are)

1) Bajaj allianz
2) IFFCO-TOKIO
3) ICCI Lombard <--------- Sucks to the core!

Go for either bajaj allianz or iffco-tokio, ICICI will cause a lot of problems during a claim.

Also inform your dealer that you dont want ICICI during your booking & tell him to note it on that booking slip as once your covernote comes then you cant do anything about it.

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2010 at 12:04. Reason: PM coming up
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:47   #1072
BHPian

Mustang@, Am surprised on the additive bit! From the Ikon 2003 manual to Fiesta 2009 manual, System G/D is recommended by Ford. This is present in the manual. Morever, the service center guys, kept on harping about this during a meet organized for new Fiesta owners.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:48   #1073
SCH
BHPian

The sales executive said the petrol version will give 15-18 kmpl.

I really doubt Petrol Figo giving 15-18. at max you can expect 12-13 in city. Ford has never been known for fuel efficiency in Petrol engines. The ARAI figures is 15.6 for FIGO Petrol.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:52   #1074
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Mustang@, Am surprised on the additive bit! From the Ikon 2003 manual to Fiesta 2009 manual, System G/D is recommended by Ford. This is present in the manual. Morever, the service center guys, kept on harping about this during a meet organized for new Fiesta owners.
Can you show me a pic where it is recommended in your manual as the manual thats in my hand currently says that "Use only good quality fuels WITHOUT any additives"
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:05   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Can you show me a pic where it is recommended in your manual as the manual thats in my hand currently says that "Use only good quality fuels WITHOUT any additives"
I can't show the Ikon one since it is sold but Fiesta definitely can be shown..will do.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:14   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiestas will take some time to deliver as the conversion from BS-3 to BS-4 is going on.

Does the fiesta manual actually say that?

My Fusion manual says whatever i just said. Maybe for fiesta its different then as my ikon & fusion manual say that not to add any additives.
What are you guys doing to make the Duratec 1.6 BS4 compliant? Any reduction in power after conversion?

And yeah, the Fiesta 1.6 manual recommends System G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Just now spoke to MPL Ford, Insurance tied with 5 Companies all offer comprehensive coverage.
Also, so far only 4 vehicles have been delivered after registration
Take BA without a second thought. The same MPL told me 15 were delivered yesterday. Most of them to Ford employees. lol

Last edited by Gilead : 23rd March 2010 at 18:16.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:23   #1077
BANNED

Quote:
What are you guys doing to make the Duratec 1.6 BS4 compliant? Any reduction in power after conversion?
Yes all cars have to adhere to BS-IV norms from april 1st onwards for cars sold in NCR plus 10 other cities.

Dont know about the loss/gain of power.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 23rd March 2010 at 18:24.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:24   #1078
Senior - BHPian

The Figo Manual asks to use additive on the Petrol engine and not to use any on the diesel engine.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:29   #1079
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The Figo Manual asks to use additive on the Petrol engine and not to use any on the diesel engine.

Then it must be YES for petrol engines & NO for diesel engines. do you have an initial ownership report on your figo?
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:33   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes all cars have to adhere to BS-IV norms from april 1st onwards for cars sold in NCR plus 10 other cities.

Dont know about the loss/gain of power.
I meant can you shed some light into what is being done in the engine or cat con or exhaust to make it BS4 compliant?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks