Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 14:41   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
... btw i dont recommend going for a LXI, go for atleast the EXI.

Ans 1 : Not true, Pricing will remain same provided all govt. duties are not altered by the government (which does not seem likely in the near future)
Thanks for the reply. Any specific reason why you'd recommend the Exi over the Lxi apart from the addtional features in the Exi? Also, is it true than the Titanium comes with better brakes than the remaining versions?

It was written all over his face that this guy was lying. I thought I'd get it confirmed from you. I hate these blatant liars. Moreover he was pushing for TD of the Titanium version although I specifically asked for Lxi. Even for the showroom demo, he went with the Titanium, although I told him specifically that I'm only looking at the Lxi. Luckily for me, there was an Lxi on display at the showroom, so I could gauge the differences.

Last edited by longhorn : 25th March 2010 at 14:42.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:47   #1127
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Thanks for the reply. Any specific reason why you'd recommend the Exi over the Lxi apart from the addtional features in the Exi? Also, is it true than the Titanium comes with better brakes than the remaining versions?

It was written all over his face that this guy was lying. I thought I'd get it confirmed from you. I hate these blatant liars. Moreover he was pushing for TD of the Titanium version although I specifically asked for Lxi. Even for the showroom demo, he went with the Titanium, although I told him specifically that I'm only looking at the Lxi. Luckily for me, there was an Lxi on display at the showroom, so I could gauge the differences.
You should consider zxi or exi. I was going to book lxi, but later changed to exi and then to zxi.

In lxi you don't have a mirror at left. No body colour door handle or mirror. No power window, tacho, electronic mirror, chrome finish, electric boot open, seat height adjust, rear defogger wiper, blue tooth music system, remote lock with immobilize and more for just Rs 50000 or go for exi just for 35,000 more.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:54   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any specific reason why you'd recommend the Exi over the Lxi apart from the addtional features in the Exi?
Good question. I think that buyers would get the best value deal from the lowest end models. One can always get the absolutely must have extras like a left side mirror and central locks fitted aftermarket. The car makers usually have the higher profits from the higher trim cars, where does this come from if not from our pockets.
That is what I found in the Spark, and I doubt the Figo would be any different.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:57   #1129
BHPian

Atleast the graded increase in price as you move to higher variants is pretty decent compared to others.some like i20 commit daylight robbery!
Old 25th March 2010, 15:05   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
You should consider zxi or exi. I was going to book lxi, but later changed to exi and then to zxi.

In lxi you don't have a mirror at left. No body colour door handle or mirror. No power window, tacho, electronic mirror, chrome finish, electric boot open, seat height adjust, rear defogger wiper, blue tooth music system, remote lock with immobilize and more for just Rs 50000 or go for exi just for 35,000 more.
Actually I haven't decided whether i'll be going in for the Figo or not. I was initially looking at a second hand Swift with a budget of 3.0 -3.25. That was when Ford came out with the killer pricing for the Figo. So the Lxi itself is a stretch. Also there is the new to be launched WagonR. I'll have a look at that too. I'm more worried about the FE of the petrol Figo. Anything below 15 kmpl and I would be worried. I know the Swift(P) would give a an FE of 11-13 only, but I save close to a lakh on capital investment here. I'm not looking at the diesel because the yearly running would be less than 6000 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Good question. I think that buyers would get the best value deal from the lowest end models. One can always get the absolutely must have extras like a left side mirror and central locks fitted aftermarket. The car makers usually have the higher profits from the higher trim cars, where does this come from if not from our pockets.
That is what I found in the Spark, and I doubt the Figo would be any different.
The Figo Exi is VFM when you compare price v/s features with other car manufacturers. Electric boot release anyone? I thought the EXI was the most VFM of the lot. Tachometer,front power windows, electric boot release, LHS mirror, aluminium finish console, rear parcel tray, MP3 player with FM radio, antenna and full wheel covers . All this for just 35K is a good deal. But if you don't need all these features, you can get the LHS mirror, full wheel covers and antenna fitted for about Rs. 3000 and make your Lxi look like Exi from the outside.

Last edited by longhorn : 25th March 2010 at 15:19.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:20   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Moreover he was pushing for TD of the Titanium version although I specifically asked for Lxi. Even for the showroom demo, he went with the Titanium, although I told him specifically that I'm only looking at the Lxi. Luckily for me, there was an Lxi on display at the showroom, so I could gauge the differences.
All TD cars are Titanium as far as I know. If you got a TD in anything else, it's probably a customer car. I am surprised they had an LXI on display. The display model is Titanium here as well.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:24   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
All TD cars are Titanium as far as I know. If you got a TD in anything else, it's probably a customer car. I am surprised they had an LXI on display. The display model is Titanium here as well.
I think Cochin get preferential treatment from Ford. They had 3 Figo's on display inside the showroom. 1 Titanium each of the petrol(silver) and diesel(white) and an Lxi of the diesel(white). If you include the yard, they had all colours too except sea grey. And this was more than 4 days back when even in Chennai we were cribbing for lack of display/TD vehicles. I got the Titanium only for TD. In fact there was even a squeeze colour TN 19 registered Figo with Ford branded alloys wheels parked in front of the showroom though this was not the car they gave for TD.

Last edited by longhorn : 25th March 2010 at 15:30.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:26   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
MPL showroom has Lxi, Exi and Titanium on display and TD vehicles are titanium.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:30   #1134
BANNED

Quote:
Actually I haven't decided whether i'll be going in for the Figo or not. I was initially looking at a second hand Swift with a budget of 3.0 -3.25. That was when Ford came out with the killer pricing for the Figo. So the Lxi itself is a stretch. Also there is the new to be launched WagonR. I'll have a look at that too. I'm more worried about the FE of the petrol Figo. Anything below 15 kmpl and I would be worried. I know the Swift(P) would give a an FE of 11-13 only, but I save close to a lakh on capital investment here. I'm not looking at the diesel because the yearly running would be less than 6000 kms.

The Figo Exi is VFM when you compare price v/s features with other car manufacturers. Electric boot release anyone? I thought the EXI was the most VFM of the lot. Tachometer,front power windows, electric boot release, LHS mirror, aluminium finish console, rear parcel tray, MP3 player with FM radio, antenna and full wheel covers . All this for just 35K is a good deal. But if you don't need all these features, you can get the LHS mirror, full wheel covers and antenna fitted for about Rs. 3000 and make your Lxi look like Exi from the outside.
I was in similar situation. I started at nano a year ago and reached ford now. I had race budget several times, because i shouldn't feel sorry after buying a car. If i wait for couple of years more i will be buying a bmw . Just try to race some money or wait for few months, it will automatically raced.

Last edited by mkerala : 25th March 2010 at 15:32.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:35   #1135
Senior - BHPian

why can't we have it in the Fiesta S Blue? what is that shade called? The same one which is also available in the A-Star!
Old 25th March 2010, 15:40   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
why can't we have it in the Fiesta S Blue? what is that shade called? The same one which is also available in the A-Star!
That is Aquarius Blue, and Ford has discontinued it even on Fiesta. I was among the few who bought it.

Also, A-Star and i10 have similarly colored options, but I wouldn't call them 'same'.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:43   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
They had only the Titanium on display when I went to MPL Nandanam. They must have gotten more after that.

Quote:
It's Aquarius and even that has been discontinued in the 1.6S. The A Star one is Paradise Blue if I am not mistaken and it looks nowhere as good as Aquarius, nor does it have the color changing properties that the Aquarius has. I tried imagining a Figo in Aquarius and the results didn't look too good. lol
Old 25th March 2010, 15:44   #1138
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Yes
LXi - Squeeze, EXi - Moon Dust Silver - TDCi
Titanium - Squeeze - Petrol

Demo cars - Titanium - both TDCi & Petrol
Old 25th March 2010, 15:54   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's Aquarius and even that has been discontinued in the 1.6S. The A Star one is Paradise Blue if I am not mistaken and it looks nowhere as good as Aquarius, nor does it have the color changing properties that the Aquarius has. I tried imagining a Figo in Aquarius and the results didn't look too good. lol
Lol, but I think it'll look hot in a 1.6 Figo

Quote:
That is Aquarius Blue, and Ford has discontinued it even on Fiesta. I was among the few who bought it.
Why have they discontinued this shade? I was dreaming of this shade in the future!

Quote:
Also, A-Star and i10 have similarly colored options, but I wouldn't call them 'same'.
Yeah, similar. Every company calls it by different names!
Old 25th March 2010, 16:58   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am guessing they are saving it as launch colour for the Global Fiesta. As all the scoops posted for Global fiesta is of that colour.

Most Viewed