Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 17:04   #1141
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am guessing they are saving it as launch colour for the Global Fiesta. As all the scoops posted for Global fiesta is of that colour.
When is the expected launch of Global Fiesta...... Any ideas ??
Old 25th March 2010, 17:06   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am guessing they are saving it as launch colour for the Global Fiesta. As all the scoops posted for Global fiesta is of that colour.
The blue color on the new Fiesta is Vision, not Aquarius. The difference is very subtle but there is a difference. Vision is a little lighter. The blue color on the Focus sedan being sold in the US is Blue Flame. That's one is more closer to Aquarius than Vision. Aquarius is somewhere between these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
When is the expected launch of Global Fiesta...... Any ideas ??
Early 2011 for the sedan. Late 2011 for the hatch.

Last edited by Gilead : 25th March 2010 at 17:11.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:30   #1143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Hey mustang is the corolado red a metallic shade?Besides the paint on all colors was so-so,nothing when compared to fiestas in showroom.your take?
White & red are solids, rest are metallic,painting procedure for figo & fiesta(as a matter of fact for all ford cars) at the painting booth is same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Thanks for the reply. Any specific reason why you'd recommend the Exi over the Lxi apart from the addtional features in the Exi? Also, is it true than the Titanium comes with better brakes than the remaining versions?

It was written all over his face that this guy was lying. I thought I'd get it confirmed from you. I hate these blatant liars. Moreover he was pushing for TD of the Titanium version although I specifically asked for Lxi. Even for the showroom demo, he went with the Titanium, although I told him specifically that I'm only looking at the Lxi. Luckily for me, there was an Lxi on display at the showroom, so I could gauge the differences.

In the EXi you will get an immobilizer, which would safeguard your car from theft & both sides mirror etc. An immobilizer is an accessory thats indispensable in a country like India.Also I am telling you to go for EXi atleast as when the facelift of the figo will be launched, say 15 months from now. I personally think that the resale value of a LXi would really come down & also that the demand for a used LXi would be really limited.

The brakes on the titanium will obviously be better than other variants as it has ABS with EBD, moreover the size of the discs & drums is larger on the titanium than any other variants. All other variants have same size discs & drums.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:34   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Mustang.101 - Does EXi model music system has a AUX / support USB connectivity ?
Old 25th March 2010, 17:40   #1145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Mustang.101 - Does EXi model music system has a AUX / support USB connectivity ?

I actually cant recall that whether it does or not. I think it does as it has the same system with 4 speakers but without bluetooth. I guess it does have the AUX & support USB. (not sure though)

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 25th March 2010 at 17:52.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:47   #1146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

In the EXi you will get an immobilizer, which would safeguard your car from theft & both sides mirror etc. An immobilizer is an accessory thats indispensable in a country like India.
Can you explain more about the PATS immobilizer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Yes AUX is there, AUX to USB cable is available in market for just Rs 50 or lower.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:51   #1147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Can you explain more about the PATS immobilizer?

Your keys have a microchip in it & theres a microchip in the ECU of the vehicle, Whenever the codes of both the microchips are matched then only the engine starts, otherwise it wont start.

For eg. if you try & make a duplicate key for your figo(EXI,ZXI & titanium) from a "chaabiwaala" then when you try & turn the ignition 'ON', your engine will simply not start.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:54   #1148
BANNED

Quote:
Your keys have a microchip in it & theres a microchip in the ECU of the vehicle, Whenever the codes of both the microchips are matched then only the engine starts, otherwise it wont start.

For eg. if you try & make a duplicate key for your figo(EXI,ZXI & titanium) from a "chaabiwaala" then when you try & turn the ignition 'ON', your engine will simply not start.
Ok thanks, its similar to the iCats in maruti cars. What is this PATS? A brand name?
Old 25th March 2010, 18:04   #1149
BANNED

Quote:
Ok thanks, its similar to the iCats in maruti cars. What is this PATS? A brand name?
Yes its a name used by ford throughout the world

It stands for PATS - Passive Anti-Theft System.
Old 25th March 2010, 18:11   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The blue color on the new Fiesta is Vision, not Aquarius. The difference is very subtle but there is a difference. Vision is a little lighter. The blue color on the Focus sedan being sold in the US is Blue Flame. That's one is more closer to Aquarius than Vision. Aquarius is somewhere between these two.
WOW Gilead you seem to be fan of blue color.Anything about blue, you are jumping with details spot on. I too like blue.
Old 25th March 2010, 18:13   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Good question. I think that buyers would get the best value deal from the lowest end models. One can always get the absolutely must have extras like a left side mirror and central locks fitted aftermarket.
+1. You need a good engine first. Other fitments (mirrors, music systems, central locking, etc) can be added later. Some (mouldings, chrome-plated stuff, etc) are, in my opinion, not crucial to the performance and efficiency car and at best, only adds to the aesthetic value of the car.

In my opinion, it's like buying/building a house. The structure needs to be good, as you would hope that that part of the building outlives you. The paint, furniture, taps and other fitments can always be added or changed as and when necessary. But then, some tend to prefer a fully furnished one bedroom flat (a fully loaded smaller car) than a bare-bones three-bedroom flat (the cheapest variant of a bigger car).

Melvyn
Old 25th March 2010, 18:22   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Yes AUX is there, AUX to USB cable is available in market for just Rs 50 or lower.
AUX to USB cable? What is that? Is this the stereo audio cable?
Old 25th March 2010, 18:51   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
WOW Gilead you seem to be fan of blue color.Anything about blue, you are jumping with details spot on. I too like blue.
Yep, I love blue. Is your Endy blue too? And are you planning to get a Figo?
Old 25th March 2010, 19:00   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yep, I love blue. Is your Endy blue too? And are you planning to get a Figo?
Yes my Endy is blue. Its Jeans Blue and they have stopped that color too. Yes, I want to give some rest for my Endy and planning to buy a small, safe, fuel efficient, effortless to drive diesel car sometime late this year and Figo looks like the best fit so far.
Old 25th March 2010, 19:21   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Bhagat ford people are the best dealers we have in this country, thats why they are also our largest dealers. I think if they have told you 20 days, They will most probably make their target & if not, then they will probably just delay you for 3-4 days more. If ever, you need help @ bhagat ford, I know a lot of people there.
I had read this thread from the beginning and somewhere u had mentioned that bhagat ford are the best. That's why choose bhagat ford over saluja ford. If any kind of issues crop up, I know whom to approach for instant help.

Most Viewed