Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 21:34   #1246
BANNED

How can a usb cable cost Rs 1100? Is that fiogs low cost of spare parts?
Old 30th March 2010, 21:39   #1247
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
An example : An HDMI cable from a reputed brand costs Rs.1500 & i can get you one @ Rs 200 also.

Just some difference in quality

The differences

1) Cheaper one has smaller length
2) Next summer the insulation of the cheaper one came off in my hand
3) Another cheaper one which i own has rust on its terminals & does not work
4) My friend also bought this cheaper one & it burned one of the HDMI ports on his TV.

However this does not mean that this figo USB cable should cost 1100/- as USB is not that technologically advanced & neither does it carry a large current(or voltage whatever) as the HDMI does.

A reputed USB cable should not cost more than 500/-
Old 30th March 2010, 21:51   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Come on! Should we now compare an usb cable pricing with spare part pricing!

From a picture I saw of the usb-cum-aux in cable in this thread (or some other figo thread), I will not be surprised if it costs 1100/-. I don't think this 1100/- usb cable is the normal pc-to-peripheral kind. BTW, how much does a OEM ipod/iphone/nokia/samsung usb data cable cost?

Ok..now I am convinced that Mustang is indeed full-time deployment from Ford to keep a tab on forums such as this and manage the expectations. And, I mean it in a good way.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:55   #1249
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
An example : An HDMI cable from a reputed brand costs Rs.1500 & i can get you one @ Rs 200 also.

Just some difference in quality

The differences

1) Cheaper one has smaller length
2) Next summer the insulation of the cheaper one came off in my hand
3) Another cheaper one which i own has rust on its terminals & does not work
4) My friend also bought this cheaper one & it burned one of the HDMI ports on his TV.

However this does not mean that this figo USB cable should cost 1100/- as USB is not that technologically advanced & neither does it carry a large current(or voltage whatever) as the HDMI does.

I can buy a sony 24x sata dvd writer for 1200, even my hp original usb cable cost only Rs 100.

After all its just a wire, regarding quality can it be 10 times better than a hp usb cable? I do we need quality with a usb cable? I am using a no brand usb cable for last 3 years without any problem. Also i haven't even heard a usb cable problem other than due to external damage. If all i will go and buy another one for just Rs 50 or lower.

Ford should stop this daylight robbery. You can't justify a Rs 50 item priced at Rs 1100 for sake of quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Come on! Should we now compare an usb cable pricing with spare part pricing!

From a picture I saw of the usb-cum-aux in cable in this thread (or some other figo thread), I will not be surprised if it costs 1100/-. I don't think this 1100/- usb cable is the normal pc-to-peripheral kind. BTW, how much does a OEM ipod/iphone/nokia/samsung usb data cable cost?

Ok..now I am convinced that Mustang is indeed full-time deployment from Ford to keep a tab on forums such as this and manage the expectations. And, I mean it in a good way.
Its a part of this car. For me its like house cost 5 lakh and i need to pay one lakh to get the key. I need to connect my usb pendrive to play music.

Rs 50 usb cost Rs 1110 in figo, then you could imagine the price of other parts. Now a days we get USB cable free even when we purchase a Rs 100 item. Why we need to pay Rs 1100?

As you said even the nokia data cable cost Rs 300 even since it is a micro usb. I can get it half price. But in case of figo it is almost 20 times more than orginal price.

Can i get connect my usb cable manually rather than buying from ford and connect it by the dealer? Also what typr of USB is it a normal or mini usb or micro usb?

Last edited by mkerala : 30th March 2010 at 22:02.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:59   #1250
BHPian

Called up the sales person i am dealing with at MPL Ford, she said that they haven't heard anything on the cars and that most of the customers have been visitng the showroom and shouting at her and her colleagues. She said that the cars should be with them by 31st or 1st. Thats what being conveyed to them from the GM?
She claimed that ford hasn't sent them their allocated cars and they are helpless?
@Mustang i am planning to wait until tomorrow and day after and raise the issue? i am in no hurry, i am ready to wait but would like to know of the time frame.

Dealers are blaming Ford, she infact asked me if you know anyone higher up in Ford to put pressure?
I am just waitng to hear out another excuse from them tomorrow and day after. Infact visit them on 1st.

Last edited by scorpio07 : 30th March 2010 at 22:02.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:25   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Hey Mustang, can you confirm if the USB cable can be fitted to the music player of the EXI model? Sales people over here in Goa are not sure about it and somehow, do not give convincing answers to such queries. Thanks to your detailed, reliable and confirmed answers, I was in a position to educate them on a few details when I had taken a friend on a road test. The pleasant sales guy was quick to note down the website of Team-BHP, after I advised him to refer to the detailed discussions on the Figo.

Second, the EXI does not feature a rear cabin light, which is located (on the ZXI and titanium) on the right hand section of the the luggage space. The EXI, however, has a slot to put the rear cabin light. Is the rear cabin light available as an accessory and can it be fitted on the EXI?

Third, any reason why the bonnet release handle is located on the LEFT side? Ideally, it should have been on the driver's side.

Fourth, is the anti-corrosion under-body paint really necessary on the Figo or is it another unnecessary option?

Melvyn
Old 30th March 2010, 22:29   #1252
BANNED

@misquitas , I dont know much about accessories & stuff man, I really suck at it, sorry to everyone to whom i have given some wrong info, The dealers will do some hit & trial & your answers will be with you in a weeks time
Old 30th March 2010, 22:40   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Its a part of this car. For me its like house cost 5 lakh and i need to pay one lakh to get the key. I need to connect my usb pendrive to play music.
Wrong comparison mate! 5L:1L comparison with 5L:1.1K, is to put it mildly, outrageous. And next, we should also put the boot mat & carpet as part of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala
Rs 50 usb cost Rs 1110 in figo, then you could imagine the price of other parts. Now a days we get USB cable free even when we purchase a Rs 100 item. Why we need to pay Rs 1100?
Ford sure has a tough task on its hands to educate customers like you on its spare parts pricing.

First of all, Ford or its dealers will be really out of their minds, if they are selling a normal usb cable for 1100/-. And if they are, I will put scores of such cables lying around my house in the classified section for 1/100th of 1100/-.

Brix has posted the picture of the cable couple of pages back..if indeed this is the cable, it is bound to be priced higher than the normal usb cables..1100/- or not is debatable.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...o-img_0591.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala
As you said even the nokia data cable cost Rs 300 even since it is a micro usb. I can get it half price. But in case of figo it is almost 20 times more than orginal price.

Can i get connect my usb cable manually rather than buying from ford and connect it by the dealer? Also what typr of USB is it a normal or mini usb or micro usb?
Seems like you have not been following the figo threads closely. There is still a lot on confusion regarding the USB connectivity. And guess what..exactly these type of confusion, any seller thrives upon.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:52   #1254
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
tell me one thing Mustang, i am sure the Ford yeard is filling up with the figo, i know this through my friend, who works in the Figo production assembly itself. around 300 cars are made everyday since 2 weeks and before that about 240 cars a day. Shouldnt there be atleast 13000 cars available since feb till this date. What is going wrong here?
We make 300 cars a day & production started in feb 2nd week but then there are other cars also on the same platform & there are dedicated days for the fiesta also plus there have been some holidays also & a lot of TD & display vehicles have been produced.

A lot of them are also in transit. So i think the rush is going to subside soon.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:52   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
I do hope mustang gets a promotion (either in his company or at least here on Team-BHP) for the wonderful service he has rendered to all of us here at the forum. If not for him, this interesting thread may well have faded away earlier. In fact, his sincere comments on the Figo have reassured a number of visitors, members or potential customers on this forum. Heck, even I'm tempted to buy the Figo even though I bought the Alto LXI less than two years ago. The best part is that my wife is more interested in the Figo merely going by the information that I have gathered from team-bhp and Mustang.
Old 30th March 2010, 23:01   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Now i know why some players dont give anything to the customers.

No day/night rear view mirrors
no passenger side vanity mirror
no music system (leave alone USB/Bluetooth/AUX/etc/etc)
no rear parcel tray
no power windows
no tachometer
no boot light
no theatre dimming (well a light is a light and you are in a car for gods sake!!)
no fog lamps
no steering adjustment
no wiring for speakers
no wiring for fog lamps (oh! is there something like that. Never heard of it though!!!)
no internal boot release (electric??!!! what the hell is that!!! What is electricity doing in a boot???!!!)
no nothing...just plonk in an engine you borrowed (but tuned better than the person who really made it) and cut some metal here and put some metal there...Just call it a "boomerang" design and sell it at 5.15 Lakhs OTR. And people would buy it without any complaining. Why? They dont have a choice to complain coz there is really "nothing"(YES. There is a PUN) to complain!!!!

If someone asks why just say its cost cutting to give the customer value!!

Common guys. Cant you see what all you are getting at this price point. Compare it with competition before you pass judgements.

PS: And Hey! do you guys know how much you really pay for those mobile usb cables..yeah! the nokia,samsung, sony ericson, etc. ones..!!
Old 30th March 2010, 23:05   #1257
BANNED

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I do hope mustang gets a promotion (either in his company or at least here on Team-BHP) for the wonderful service he has rendered to all of us here at the forum. If not for him, this interesting thread may well have faded away earlier. In fact, his sincere comments on the Figo have reassured a number of visitors, members or potential customers on this forum. Heck, even I'm tempted to buy the Figo even though I bought the Alto LXI less than two years ago. The best part is that my wife is more interested in the Figo merely going by the information that I have gathered from team-bhp and Mustang.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Old 31st March 2010, 00:23   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Now i know why some players dont give anything to the customers.

No day/night rear view mirrors
no passenger side vanity mirror
no music system (leave alone USB/Bluetooth/AUX/etc/etc)
no rear parcel tray
no power windows
no tachometer
no boot light
no theatre dimming (well a light is a light and you are in a car for gods sake!!)
no fog lamps
no steering adjustment
no wiring for speakers
no wiring for fog lamps (oh! is there something like that. Never heard of it though!!!)
no internal boot release (electric??!!! what the hell is that!!! What is electricity doing in a boot???!!!)
no nothing...just plonk in an engine you borrowed (but tuned better than the person who really made it) and cut some metal here and put some metal there...Just call it a "boomerang" design and sell it at 5.15 Lakhs OTR. And people would buy it without any complaining. Why? They dont have a choice to complain coz there is really "nothing"(YES. There is a PUN) to complain!!!!

If someone asks why just say its cost cutting to give the customer value!!

Common guys. Cant you see what all you are getting at this price point. Compare it with competition before you pass judgements.

PS: And Hey! do you guys know how much you really pay for those mobile usb cables..yeah! the nokia,samsung, sony ericson, etc. ones..!!
+1 to all of the above.

By the way, does the Figo have theatre dimming?
Old 31st March 2010, 00:45   #1259
BHPian

I have connected an AUX to 3.5mm pin in my WagonR. Simple process of removing the screws on the dashboard and removing the HU. But this Ford piece is integrated, so it should be little more complicated.

Just a matter of someone shining a light under the ICE to figure out the connections.
I HOPE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
i hope it all sorts out well, i have referred 3 more ppl for Figo and they have booked it.
As far as the aux in and usb confusion goes, the aux in cable takes the lead from 3.5mm hedphone jack. the cable should have both the side male pins.

USB should be on the back of the ICE, in most cases it should be fairly simple cable connection, unless it required the ICE unit to be taken out.
Old 31st March 2010, 01:48   #1260

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
2nd Figo crash in Bangalore...? Car is totalled I guess, car should have been easily in speeds excess of 80kmph. Hope there werent any casualties.

Does anyone know at what speeds the airbags activate in the Figo. I suppose there is a speed limit that needs to be reached before it gets activated.

Most Viewed