Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 08:10   #1261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
i hope it all sorts out well, i have referred 3 more ppl for Figo and they have booked it.
As far as the aux in and usb confusion goes, the aux in cable takes the lead from 3.5mm hedphone jack. the cable should have both the side male pins.

USB should be on the back of the ICE, in most cases it should be fairly simple cable connection, unless it required the ICE unit to be taken out.
If so i can get a usb cable and it connected under Rs 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Wrong comparison mate! 5L:1L comparison with 5L:1.1K, is to put it mildly, outrageous. And next, we should also put the boot mat & carpet as part of the car.

Ford sure has a tough task on its hands to educate customers like you on its spare parts pricing.

First of all, Ford or its dealers will be really out of their minds, if they are selling a normal usb cable for 1100/-. And if they are, I will put scores of such cables lying around my house in the classified section for 1/100th of 1100/-.

Brix has posted the picture of the cable couple of pages back..if indeed this is the cable, it is bound to be priced higher than the normal usb cables..1100/- or not is debatable.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...o-img_0591.jpg

Seems like you have not been following the figo threads closely. There is still a lot on confusion regarding the USB connectivity. And guess what..exactly these type of confusion, any seller thrives upon.
The thing is that i don't need their cable, i have many usb cable in my home itself. Only want to know how can i connect it without avoiding warranty?

That picture is a branded i-pod cable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I dont think you should take it so personally.

Ford could have as well added the cost in it ex showroom price and given it "free". Instead its an option and you can buy it extra. Still its an option and if you dont want it at that price, there's no need to buy it.

I'm sure people in G.P road will bring out a cable that will work this ICE unit soon enough.

In your case, companies like Apple, Sony and Bose also commit daylight/nightlight robbery too. USB chargers cost 2000 bucks from Apple. And are available for Rs.100 in electronic shops.
Welcome to the Accessories business.
I pay for that mp3 player that support usb, but no usb cable for it. I can pay 2 or 3 times the normal price but can't pay up 20 times the orginal price. Is that fair? After all it is just a copper cable.

Take an example of you buying a USB mouse of branded company(Microsoft, logitech) around Rs 300 and you got the usb cable damaged will you be ready to pay Even Rs 200 for it?

Thats all i what to ask, pay 20times the orginal price is a real day robbery. Even the nokia or other companies charge nearly 3 or 4 times orginal price.

Last edited by mkerala : 31st March 2010 at 08:11.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:46   #1262
BHPian

I've heard that head on collision even at 20kmph can maim/kill a person.
It deploys under a variety of circumstances. You can google it out, as it would be general for most cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisworld View Post
Does anyone know at what speeds the airbags activate in the Figo. I suppose there is a speed limit that needs to be reached before it gets activated.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:32   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I have connected an AUX to 3.5mm pin in my WagonR. Simple process of removing the screws on the dashboard and removing the HU. But this Ford piece is integrated, so it should be little more complicated.

Just a matter of someone shining a light under the ICE to figure out the connections.
I HOPE !
There is an aux in in the front panel of the ICE so its straightforward. If you need USB port connectivity then you may have to remove the ICE unit and connect the cable at the back.

Its not just about the speed, its about the pressure and the speed of the impact, the bumpers have pressure sensors to measure the impact force, whilst the Airbag Control unit has an accelerometer to measure the vehicle speed. When both the signals from the sensors cross a set limit the airbag activates. Otherwise if it was just speed, airbag could be activated by hitting the bumper with force.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:39   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Thats all i what to ask, pay 20times the orginal price is a real day robbery. Even the nokia or other companies charge nearly 3 or 4 times orginal price.
Dear Mkerala, I am really sorry to say this, you are taking this USB cable too far and bogging down a car for this sake.

Come on one must know anything branded and original would surely be costly that too if you need an Apple brand associated with it.

I know for sure, that a Nokia original battery for 1100 model cost Rs. 700 if you buy in Nokia showroom, where as the whole phone costs Around Rs 2000 odd, a data cable of Samsung phone original one costs Rs 800 for a Rs. 3000 odd phone. You can always go to the showroom and shout that I would rather buy a new phone etc, but no one cares.

I know the car cable is a different ball game, but these kind of accessories are equal cash cows for companies like Apple, Nokia and Samsung. They wont budge. One can always buy a similar one for 1/10th the cost outside the showroom.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:48   #1265
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Dear Mkerala, I am really sorry to say this, you are taking this USB cable too far and bogging down a car for this sake.

Come on one must know anything branded and original would surely be costly that too if you need an Apple brand associated with it.

I know for sure, that a Nokia original battery for 1100 model cost Rs. 700 if you buy in Nokia showroom, where as the whole phone costs Around Rs 2000 odd, a data cable of Samsung phone original one costs Rs 800 for a Rs. 3000 odd phone. You can always go to the showroom and shout that I would rather buy a new phone etc, but no one cares.

I know the car cable is a different ball game, but these kind of accessories are equal cash cows for companies like Apple, Nokia and Samsung. They wont budge. One can always buy a similar one for 1/10th the cost outside the showroom.
Yes nokia is charging too much, even then its 3-4 times the original price where as ford is 20 times higher. Every one is saying about apple and nokia here, by the way which company cable is that ford charging Rs 1100, it even doesn't have a company name on it?
Old 31st March 2010, 11:12   #1266
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys

A humble request. Can we have the USB discussion in the ICE thread may be?
Old 31st March 2010, 11:15   #1267
Senior - BHPian

mkerala, you can use any cable that you want. Technically they can void warranty on nearly anything that you do, but it's very rarely enforced. Get a good quality cable from a reputed manufacturer and you will have no issues.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:40   #1268
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Some info got from Ford unofficially

-As mustang said they manufacture approximately 300 cars per day
-Ford has got 8000-9000 bookings for figo all over India
- Deliveries will get delayed
- Generally Sales guys expected to ask for 4 - 6 weeks delivery time hereafter esp for ZXi & Titanium
- Ford Employee benefit scheme postponed to 6 months which is normally 3 months from the launch of its new cars
Old 31st March 2010, 11:43   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
-As mustang said they manufacture approximately 300 cars per day
This has to include all Ford vehicles and not just the Figo right?

My prediction is that the Figo will settle down to 3500-4000 a month levels a few months after launch
Old 31st March 2010, 11:48   #1270
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisworld View Post
Does anyone know at what speeds the airbags activate in the Figo. I suppose there is a speed limit that needs to be reached before it gets activated.

There is no speed limit as such, There is a deceleration sensor which measures deceleration & if it goes above a certain limit, the airbags deploy. This happens in milliseconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post

Its not just about the speed, its about the pressure and the speed of the impact, the bumpers have pressure sensors to measure the impact force, whilst the Airbag Control unit has an accelerometer to measure the vehicle speed. When both the signals from the sensors cross a set limit the airbag activates. Otherwise if it was just speed, airbag could be activated by hitting the bumper with force.
Wrong Info, There are no pressure sensors scorpio. Only the accelerometre is present.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:53   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
-Ford has got 8000-9000 bookings for figo all over India
Beat had 10,000 bookings in its 1st month, I guess Figo should be bit more than that considering that Figo also had a Diesel version. If its only 8 - 9k I would say its decent number to start with and would probably settle down as Gilead mentioned between 3500 - 4000 or in the lower 3000s.

Would be interesting to see how much bookings Polo garnered as well. March numbers should trigger a lot of discussion when it gets published in the other section
Old 31st March 2010, 12:21   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
There is no speed limit as such, There is a deceleration sensor which measures deceleration & if it goes above a certain limit, the airbags deploy. This happens in milliseconds.

Wrong Info, There are no pressure sensors scorpio. Only the accelerometre is present.
Where is the accelerometer present, both pressure and accelerometers can be used for crash sensing. I am not saying its present in Figo, i was trying to explain the process of airbag deployment.

Sensor may be deployed behind the bumper also, i did not want to go into too much technicalities. One thing for sure they will take 2 sets of input one is the crash impact ( may be thrrough pressure sensors or through accelerometers ) and the other is the speed of deceleation measured again by another accelerometer sensor.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:29   #1273
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
This has to include all Ford vehicles and not just the Figo right?

My prediction is that the Figo will settle down to 3500-4000 a month levels a few months after launch

These figures are given only for Figo

Is Figo going the Swift DDiS way ??
Old 31st March 2010, 13:13   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Not sure, ASFIK I would not compare the Figo figures with that of Polo, as I said before the customer to which Polo caters is different from the Figo, but Beat should be one that I would compare Ford with.
I did not mean to directly compare Figo numbers vs Polo numbers. I meant would be interesting to see the market response for both of these cars and whether combined bookings of Figo, Polo, Beat happened to eat into the shares(numbers) of other cars from Maruti, Fiat, Hyundai, etc.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:44   #1275
Senior - BHPian

What I dont understand in this who fiasco is that why is Ford not coming out and announcing a stop in the new bookings?

They know that they have more than enough bookings which is causing this fulfillment nightmare, so why bring in more people into that. Would it not be better for Ford, as the parent organization, to stop booking and restart once atleast a certain percentage of deliveries are done!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks