Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 16:56   #1276

I have been following the Figo thread here on FB, Twitter and other online portals where the Figo has been reviewed. mkerala has been most patient and reasonable in his dealings with FORD. He is the most active participant on Ford Figo fan page on FB and here on this thread. He is like an ideal fan. He booked his FIGO way back on 18th Feb, even without a test drive and even without knowing the exact price of the car. Thats a lot of faith to show on a company. Unfortunately FORD has miserably let him down.

As far as I am concerned, manufacturers should always keep in mind the order in which the cars are being booked. I find it difficult to believe that FORD could not have delivered a Petrol FIGO (which anyway is supposed to be less in demand as compared to the Deisel) within a month from booking the car specially when the car has been pre booked even before its official launch. IF the dealer is delivering cars booked after mkerala, then there is something wrong somewhere. With the launch of the FIGO, FORD had an opportunity to showcase that they had the processes and efficiency in operations in place to manage high volumes. From what we have been seeing, if their sales operations are stressed so much with volumes, it is doubtful whether service operations will be any better. All in all, an opportunity lost by FORD to showcase it has the ability to be a volume player like MSIL.

mkerala - my advice to you is to ask the dealer to return your payment minus the booking amount until they deliver the car. Rs 4L can earn a lot of interest in 2 months if well invested.

PS: I am big fan of all FORD cars, absolutely love the FIGO as a car and want FORD India to teach MSIL a lesson or two.

-My Two cents.
Thanks!
Old 31st March 2010, 18:53   #1277
BANNED

Few features of figo that we missed up.

Electric boot release that does not activate in case the vehicle is over 7km/hour

Intelligent rear defogger that automatically cuts off after the action is performed
Old 31st March 2010, 19:09   #1278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
(either a Petrol ZXI or diesel EXI. Mustang I'll need your advice on this.)
Always 'Happy to Help', Oops! i might get myself a copyrights infringement case on me because of this.

@ Captain : Whats the status?

I am sure since he is not back yet, He is getting his Figo delivered. I certainly hope that this is the case.
Old 31st March 2010, 20:39   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
They just say nov-dec booking story. Is squeeze color delay? But i see my dealer offer squeeze for me in exi and titanium. But why no zxi from ford? Who can provide me answer for this. I think as a customer i have the right to know reason. We all know the reason for delay about sea grey from mustang. Mustang, can find the reason behind delay of squeeze zxi petrol? Also black dash is going to come in mid may only.
I got to see all seven colours at the Ford showroom here in Panjim. Personally speaking, the squeeze would have been the very last colour of my choice. Somehow, I dislike "fluorescent" colours like squeeze in a vehicle and prefer "standard" shades (white, black, silver, etc). I disliked the colour when I saw it on the brochure.
Old 31st March 2010, 20:57   #1280
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
@Mustang, are you running short of strings or juggling with too many at once? Pull some string in mkerala's case man? !
Lets wait till about april 10 & then i will pull the strings in his case. & i like your suggestion to mkerala about analyzing varous colors/dash combinations.

The problem is that

1) petrol is being produced less
2) demand for squeeze is less & so is being produced less
3) Most ZXI & Titaniums are coming out with red dash

All of this is not helping his case although he has become flexible with dash choice. He is ready to accept black or coral whichever is first.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:02   #1281
BANNED

Quote:
@Mustang, are you running short of strings or juggling with too many at once? Pull some string in mkerala's case man? Where is Brix/Kiku?

I don't understand how come there is an issue in this particular case? Is it something to do with color/dash combination?

@mkerala, that MD's reply is a standard mail merge template..it is as good as no reply at all. While I strongly feel you should be getting your car anytime now, given the ruckus that has been created, it is time you start putting your plan B in action.

I suggest you have a calm chat with some senior guys at the dealership and find out what are your options? Is there any other color/trim avlbl which suits you and can be delivered immediately? Go thru your booking form legalese and check if any delivery date is mentioned/committed on the same? Is there any interest the dealership is liable to pay in case of delayed delivery? How much you stand to loose in case you opt for cancellation?

From your posts, I can feel the sense of anger & frustration which is fully justified on your part.

On the brighter side, in case the delay is unavoidable, check with the dealer if they can give a firm date in writing. Spend the days in waiting browsing this forum for learning more about cars, given that it is your first car. That should give some solace. Plan your accessories & other fittings etc. Hey, you can start preparing/managing music in your pen drive/ipod etc..waiting period will vanish like anything if you have a huge music collection. Finish of any pending work so that you can spend more time with your car once it arrives. Visit the travelogue section and check out routes for some long drives you can undertake with your new car.
Go onto ebay and check out various auto-related stuff which you plan to purchase, etc etc.

Buddy, I sincerely apologise, if I have hurt your sentiments regarding the usb cable thing...now I can understand your sheer frustration.

Don't worry too much..these things are too small to fret over, feel bitter about and loose your cool. I am sure once you see your car, all these feeling will simply vanish.

@Captain_Slow, come on mate..be fast..am waiting with bated breath!
Happy to know that you all care for me. Thanks for the suggestion to burn away waiting period(For me cheating period).

I am now on other ways to burn waiting period. Going forget figo for atleast till april 18. I going to buy an DTH tomorrow so busy searching in internet for best one. So i could start fighting with them for problems

Enjoy this life

Last edited by mkerala : 31st March 2010 at 21:06.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:09   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Buddy, he has a deep wound inflicted by Ford over the 2-month delay and erratic responses in getting his Figo. To add insult to his wound, others are getting their Figos within days of booking the amount. The scar of this experience is likely to remain for a long time and I'm sure it may matter to him "a year from now." as far as I am concerned, I'd rather buy an Alto after being treated like a king and with promises honoured, rather than having to run from pillar to post and having to deal with false promises to get the Figo. I'm really surprised that Ford couldn't "squeeze" in that one car to the Ford dealer in mkerala's area.
The case was similar with Swift-D, Toyota Fortuner too. Delay from Manu. would be accepatble. However delay at Dealer due to swapping cars would be bad.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:41   #1283
BANNED

Hello guys,
If you were happen to know that a petrol figo zxi squeeze is delivered, could you please inform me? Its very urgent for me.

Thank you
Old 31st March 2010, 21:58   #1284
BHPian

I have seen couple of sqeeze @ Lathangi ford in B'lore. May be you wanna give it a try from here. It would all workout to same except for extra transport.

BTW, They have one squueze zxi or titanium with fog lamps etc etc. looks cool.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:04   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Spend the days in waiting browsing this forum for learning more about cars, given that it is your first car. That should give some solace. Plan your accessories & other fittings etc. Hey, you can start preparing/managing music in your pen drive/ipod etc..waiting period will vanish like anything if you have a huge music collection. Finish of any pending work so that you can spend more time with your car once it arrives. Visit the travelogue section and check out routes for some long drives you can undertake with your new car.
Go onto ebay and check out various auto-related stuff which you plan to purchase, etc etc.
Other options:

* Get yourself a car simulator software and pretend you are driving the Figo.

* Go for some yoga/meditation classes and let off some stress over this episode.

By the way, let's hope that mkerala's experience with buying a DTH is more successful.

By the way, where the heck is Captain Slow? Has he begun his honeymoon with his beloved Figo-rine??? No news from him till now.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:37   #1286
J.Ravi

Quote:

I have taken decision that i will cancel on April 30, even if they tell me i get on 1 may.

Only one problem with cancellation, they will be charging me a amount as fine. (Maruti didn't charge me any fine when i cancel my estilo booking, they are good on that at least)
Is it worth to forfeit your money as penalty for cancellation? Think and decide. I wish you all the best.

Old 1st April 2010, 10:25   #1287
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
@ Revvy,

I would suggest please go to lathangi maybe you will have better luck there.
Toyota and Honda allow pre registration checks. I saw some members post about this.

Cant ford address this issue about dealers not letting us see cars? .
I have heard even worse stories about lathangi on B.G Road. Pre-Registration checks are allowed by ford dealers & highly recommended by me. They can refuse it.

Quote:

But how many?
It won't be more than 100.

From it how many booked for sqeeze zxi petrol?
I think not more than 10.

How many car where squeeze zxi petrol out of 10,000?
At least 100

Then where is my car?
Delayed till April third week.

Is that justifiable?

Mustang i expect your view on this.

Everybody please post your views.

I have taken decision that i will cancel on April 30, even if they tell me i get on 1 may.

Only one problem with cancellation, they will be charging me a amount as fine. (Maruti didn't charge me any fine when i cancel my estilo booking, they are good on that at least)
Yes i truly understand your point of view, I did try some investigations early morning & found out some terrible news

Is Ford India producing cars according to bookings?
NO

Is ford India sending random figos with varied colors & variants to dealers?
Sometimes Yes.

Why all of this is happening?
Dealers have not done their paperwork properly. Eg: Bhagat ford in many places in punjab & Mody ford in hyderabad have done their homework properly & even those who booked on march 20 have got their vehicles by march 31 latest. Their waiting period is very low still, Bhagat have the highest demand for figos in the country & still their waiting period is one of the lowest till date.

Is there a solution?
Obviously your dealer wont learn to do his paperwork properly, so now what can you do? & ford India wont despatch vehicles until paperwork is perfect.
Answer : Try being a little flexible with color & dash choices & you can get a vehicle earlier, That is why others from your showroom are getting cars before you even though they booked after you.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 1st April 2010 at 10:30.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:54   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Your solution is debatable. To me color and dash choices are too personal and if compromised may cause heartburn. You are not going to buy a car every other year or so.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:59   #1289
BANNED

@poloman : flexibility is the name of the game otherwise patience is needed. Had i been in the market today for a figo say titanium variant petrol so i would give my options as

1)Black car red dash
2)Sea grey car red dash
3)White car red dash
4)Red car black dash

Not in my preference order though

Any one of these which arrives should be mine, This is what most people do & hence end up getting their cars earlier,IMO this solution does not work well for a polo which looks really gorgous in red but for the figo i think one should have atleast 3 options. btw what color polo have you booked?

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 1st April 2010 at 11:02.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:04   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Try being a little flexible with color & dash choices & you can get a vehicle earlier, That is why others from your showroom are getting cars before you even though they booked after you.
Sad that a buyer who pays 5 lakhs for a car, which he plans to cherish and keep for a long time, has to go for a particular color or dash color because the dealer is not pro-active. That, or go for a different car from a different company.

Sad but true!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks