Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 12:20   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Thanks much Sergei!

Why do you say it is difficult to maintain? It requires the same kind of cleaning & polishing as other colors, doesn't it? Just that, if not done it will look a lot worse... correct me if I am wrong.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:55   #1307
BHPian

folks, basic question - is this figo tdci already BS4 complaint? In which case there'll only be a change in price due to the new tax structure in K'taka?
Not sure if this has been answered already.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:04   #1308
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
folks, basic question - is this figo tdci already BS4 complaint? In which case there'll only be a change in price due to the new tax structure in K'taka?
Not sure if this has been answered already.
Yes it is BS4 complaint.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:14   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Great going Revvy. I think your dealer is Lathangi. I maintain my stand that they are much better to deal with than the pathetic Metro.
poloman, I will reserve my comments till I get my car ! When I asked about seeing car before registration, Lathangi people haven't objected so far..Let me see how things pan out. Another conflict would be about insurance. In house is damn costly and I have my own plans. At the time of booking, dealers were cool about me getting insurance on my own. Need to see whether they change the stance now, but I am not going to accept that.

@ wagenix - so it was you who booked my same day as me and submitted cancelation...Mate, it doesn't give me any comfort at all to know that you haven't got car yet...I have lost out on the road tax/VAT savings, which was the main reason for my hurry. Since I started escalation and follow up with Ford, I just continued it and good to see that some results are coming, though a bit later than I wanted !
Old 1st April 2010, 13:21   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
-Color not confirmed - will do in a day or two. confusing around moon dust, white & black within our family. Luckily I do not have IP option
Congrats Gokul. I think Diamond White is the forum fav. ,that would be my choice too.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:23   #1311
BANNED

See auto car test drive for hutch back.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:36   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
poloman, I will reserve my comments till I get my car ! When I asked about seeing car before registration, Lathangi people haven't objected so far..Let me see how things pan out. Another conflict would be about insurance. In house is damn costly and I have my own plans. At the time of booking, dealers were cool about me getting insurance on my own. Need to see whether they change the stance now, but I am not going to accept that.
Regarding insurance just give some story that your relative/friend/parent are working for so & so insurance and you will get employee discount etc..if they don't agree, just sternly ask them under which rule/law insurance cannot be taken outside? They will have no option but agree. BTW, pls note that most of the time, you may have to let off some freebies, since the margin for the dealer is reduced. Also, you can get a quote from outside and ask the dealer to match the same..mostly they will.

Regarding PDI, just insist on it..do not hand over the final payment till PDI is done..dangling the DD in front of them will do the trick.
============

Not sure, but I do not see many people from this thread who have booked the Figo, pitting one dealer against the other by getting qoutes from all avlbl dealers? Whatever happened to the good old fashioned art of shopping? Guess everyone is eager for the first day first show;-}

Last edited by sanjayc : 1st April 2010 at 13:41.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:46   #1313
BANNED

Choose your best color for your figo.

Many of here are asking for picture of every color on road. So i collected all 7 colors pictures. All are not the best quality, but the best available. All are real untouched pictures. Hope this will be useful for choosing color.

The colors are

1. Colorada Red
2. Sea Grey
3. Squeeze (Green)
4. Diamond White
5. Moondust Silver
6. Chill
7. Panther black

All are metallic shades expect red and white are solid.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-4.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-17459_320311210478_165417500478_5169448_470007_n.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-25373_1234992124158_1509852628_30587781_7431914_n.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-4312594791_7efc0c00f8_b.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-4313341022_013e8fdaaf_b.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc_0043.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img0039a.jpg  

Last edited by mkerala : 1st April 2010 at 13:50.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:52   #1314
BANNED

I got one question, Is red metallic or solid? Someone here told it is solid, but my dealer told it is metallic. Also in the images i feel it to be metallic.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:53   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post

@ wagenix - so it was you who booked my same day as me and submitted cancelation...Mate, it doesn't give me any comfort at all to know that you haven't got car yet...I have lost out on the road tax/VAT savings, which was the main reason for my hurry. Since I started escalation and follow up with Ford, I just continued it and good to see that some results are coming, though a bit later than I wanted !
Finally revy! Your D day is coming. Any Idea how much extra its going to cost you thanks to the tax and vat?

Whenever the car comes to the showroom please check it up once before registration.

Bhpians
I need some help with my car.
When I start the car I can see the seat belt warning light up on the dashboard and then goes off.

Shouldnt the light come on and off when I remove or put back the seatbelt? Or this feature is only in the titanium ?
Old 1st April 2010, 13:54   #1316
BHPian

I've seen all the colors in person and IMO, the Figo looks best in white, sea grey and black. Squeeze green is an oddity - I'm not sure why anyone prefers that color since the Figo isn't even remotely sporty and the bathroom green makes it look like a dullard.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:58   #1317
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I got one question, Is red metallic or solid? Someone here told it is solid, but my dealer told it is metallic. Also in the images i feel it to be metallic.
It is 100% Solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Bhpians
I need some help with my car.
When I start the car I can see the seat belt warning light up on the dashboard and then goes off.

Shouldnt the light come on and off when I remove or put back the seatbelt? Or this feature is only in the titanium ?
Are you sure that this is the seatbelt light? Check the user manual & find out which light it is. I never noticed a warning light while driving the figo without wearing a seatbelt.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:19   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
@mkerala : I hope you have actually seen this colour on the Figo and not just the ads. I know that the colour is always a personal preference. I have seen this colour on road and IMO, this is the worst colour on the Figo. No offence meant to you, but i advice you to have a look at the colour in real and make an informed decision.
You yourself have said that it is personal preference!

I had almost committed for a Squeeze TDCi Titanium and with that Coral dash, but fate took me in a different direction.

I hope Ford does not discontinue that colour until I am ready to go for it.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:31   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

You yourself have said that it is personal preference!

I had almost committed for a Squeeze TDCi Titanium and with that Coral dash, but fate took me in a different direction.

I hope Ford does not discontinue that colour until I am ready to go for it.
Yes ! And I'm saying it again - its a personal preference. The poor chap has booked in Feb, among the first few to do so, but hasn't got his ride so far. The dealer is willing to give him any other colour as they are not having squeeze (petrol) in stock. So I was advising him to ditch that colour and go for something else.

Edit : The reason for not having stock incidentally, is that the squeeze colour was the one with the least demand, hence production of this specific colour at the factory itself is limited.

I'll tell you why I hate squeeze. Squeeze with coral dash reminds me of 'vettila' and 'murkan'. A poll on the Figo's colours should put all doubts to rest.

Last edited by longhorn : 1st April 2010 at 14:38.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:33   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Thanks much Sergei!

Why do you say it is difficult to maintain? It requires the same kind of cleaning & polishing as other colors, doesn't it? Just that, if not done it will look a lot worse... correct me if I am wrong.
to that. Like I said it is just my opinion as I get time to clean/wash my car only on weekends. So dust accumulates over the week and this'll look really bad on a black car compared to a lighter color.

Also, I'm not sure about this but will having a black car increase the load on the AC especially in Chennai? I might be very wrong here. Can someone comment?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks