Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 14:40   #1321
Senior - BHPian

BTW, was there a review composed by Captain Slow, or did I miss it.
Captain, Hope you are in office now, and by the time you go home, you will take pics and post the review.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:49   #1322
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Yes ! And I'm saying it again - its a personal preference. The poor chap has booked in Feb, among the first few to do so, but hasn't got his ride so far. The dealer is willing to give him any other colour as they are not having squeeze (petrol) in stock. So I was advising him to ditch that colour and go for something else.

Edit : The reason for not having stock incidentally, is that the squeeze colour was the one with the least demand, hence production of this specific colour at the factory itself is limited.

I'll tell you why I hate squeeze. Squeeze with coral dash reminds me of 'vettila' and 'murkan'. A poll on the Figo's colours should put all doubts to rest.
Squeeze is there concept color, how can they stop manufacturing it?

A poll on all figo features including "What’s your favourite Figo colour?"
is running in facebook. Click here to check it out.
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

'What's Your 'Smartness' Quotient? contest yet? You could win tickets to the IPL cricket matches at the UFO Moviez theatres near you.

Last edited by mkerala : 1st April 2010 at 14:51.
Old 1st April 2010, 16:16   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I got one question, Is red metallic or solid?
It looks perfectly solid to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
When I start the car I can see the seat belt warning light up on the dashboard and then goes off.
Captain i see the same thing on my Exi. The Seatbelt warning light comes on when the ignition is turned on but subsequently it does not work probably since this is a feature only on the higher versions. Probably ford thought it should not skimp on a bulb.
Old 1st April 2010, 16:19   #1324
BANNED

@gemi

@ Captain slow

Oh no, do you mean that yellow-orange colored light that switches on & then switches off with the other lights?

In that case everything is fine, If the light switches off, it means that your seat belt pretensioners & load limiters are in perfect condition, otherwise if it does not, then it means you have to get it checked.

The pre tensioners are activated by sensors na, so the switching off of the warning light indicates that the sensor is working.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 1st April 2010 at 16:33.
Old 1st April 2010, 16:35   #1325
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
h
Must be a titanium feature. Probably would have cost them more to remove that bulb from the dash.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1815709
Old 1st April 2010, 16:58   #1326
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
to that. Like I said it is just my opinion as I get time to clean/wash my car only on weekends. So dust accumulates over the week and this'll look really bad on a black car compared to a lighter color.

Also, I'm not sure about this but will having a black car increase the load on the AC especially in Chennai? I might be very wrong here. Can someone comment?
Panther Black is an excellent colour. The dust is easily visible in black and in chennai due to very hot climate, the temperature of the black metal is higher than other colours. If you have covered parking, and regular washing habits, then black is a good choice. I have seen some people who store rain water in large drums (300 litres) and wash car only in that.

A/c may take bit more to time to chill due to higher body temperature. Since A/c in Figo is excellent, i think it wont be a problem.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:03   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. So it serves the same purpose as the other ABS, Airbags lights. We need to worry only if it stays on. I thought this light was a reminder to put your seatbelts on.

And oh, dealers were definitely taking bookings for the Figo in Nov/Dec. Not official of course. They were taking whatever amount a customer was willing to give in order to be first in the queue as soon as official bookings started. I know of a colleague of mine who did this in Nov because he knew he would not in town when official bookings started. Ironically, he has not received his car yet. Same case as mkerala, Squeeze ZXi petrol with black dash. He can get a red dash right away. He has been promised some freebies to compensate for the wait time.

Last edited by Gilead : 1st April 2010 at 17:07.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:05   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@gemi
@ Captain slow

Oh no, do you mean that yellow-orange colored light that switches on & then switches off with the other lights?

In that case everything is fine, If the light switches off, it means that your seat belt pretensioners & load limiters are in perfect condition, otherwise if it does not, then it means you have to get it checked.

The pre tensioners are activated by sensors na, so the switching off of the warning light indicates that the sensor is working.
Hey Mastang. Aren't pre tensioners part of only the Titanium where there are air bags? In that case i guess ford forgot to remove the bulbs from the dash. Maybe they did not want to skimp on a bulb or they thought it was more cost to get some one to remove it
Old 1st April 2010, 17:07   #1329
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Thanks for the clarification. So it serves the same purpose as the other ABS, Airbags lights. We need to worry only if it stays on. I thought this light was a reminder to put your seatbelts on.
No this a warning light. Its like those ABS, Airbag lights only. Hence the only cause of worry will be when it stays ON.

PS - I dont like seatbelt reminder lights
Old 1st April 2010, 17:10   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
to that. Like I said it is just my opinion as I get time to clean/wash my car only on weekends. So dust accumulates over the week and this'll look really bad on a black car compared to a lighter color.

Also, I'm not sure about this but will having a black car increase the load on the AC especially in Chennai? I might be very wrong here. Can someone comment?
Yes you are right darker color tends to absorb more heat during the summers, hence loading the AC.
I have noticed especially in Gulf countries, white is the most widely used cars and the reason that white/ lightly coloured cars tends to run cooler compared to dark. More over the darker shades tend to fade off in the bright sun.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:10   #1331
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Hey Mastang. Aren't pre tensioners part of only the Titanium where there are air bags? In that case i guess ford forgot to remove the bulbs from the dash. Maybe they did not want to skimp on a bulb or they thought it was more cost to get some one to remove it
Pre tensioners are a part of all models( i am not sure about LXi) . There are pretensioners in your variant. I am 100% sure about it.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:17   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pre tensioners are a part of all models( i am not sure about LXi) . There are pretensioners in your variant. I am 100% sure about it.
No Mustang. Pre tensioners come on cars with Air Bags.
A pre tensioner is used to pull back the occupant by tightening up any slack in the belt after a crash. THis is to avoid suffocation by the air bags.

HowStuffWorks "How Seatbelts Work"
Old 1st April 2010, 17:21   #1333
BANNED

Quote:
No Mustang. Pre tensioners come on cars with Air Bags.
A pre tensioner is used to pull back the occupant by tightening up any slack in the belt after a crash. THis is to avoid suffocation by the air bags.

HowStuffWorks "How Seatbelts Work"

Actually you did not read your link carefully : It says "generally, pretensioners are linked to the same sensors as the airbags" , The keyword here is generally. It somehat answers your question. The real answer why it is present is:

Pre tensioners are also present in EXi & ZXI & Titanium models to reduce the effect of injury & 'submarining' in the event of a crash. It is not just to reduce suffocation caused by the airbag. Actually 'suffocation' is not the real reason behind developing it, Rather 'submarining' is the real reason for which pre tensioners are developed.

Dont test it though but i am telling you, the accelerometer for the pretensioner is present in your figo too.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 1st April 2010 at 17:24.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:44   #1334
BHPian

Doubt if all models have pretensioners.
What are anti-submarine seats?
Old 1st April 2010, 17:45   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are right thats another great feature ford has given its customers without shouting out that "i have this" like others. IIRC all other cars have this feature only on cars with Air Bags.

And what is this anti-drip wiping on the Titanium. I'm sure its not the wiper coming back on after a second when you use the washer. Coz that happens in my Exi too
That is indeed anti drip wiping. Add that to the list of features that Ford has forgotten to mention in the lower variants. I think there is a definite disconnect between engineering and marketing at Ford. Not surprising. It's the same case in my company as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks