Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 17:45   #1336

Ford India March sales treples to 9500. Figo receives 10,000 bookins.

Looks like the figo is an one man army for Ford bringing all the volumes. My guess is that the figo would have sold about 6000-6500. For all bhpians anxiously waiting for the car, this means these volumes have been sent to the dealers or in transit and are awaiting delivery to the customers...
Old 1st April 2010, 17:50   #1337
BHPian

Anti drip wiping that i have on my fiesta is of no much help.
the delayed swipe should be after 5 seconds to really catch the dripping.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:51   #1338
Senior - BHPian

My sightseeing (s)

I saw a couple of Figos - one Red & other White/ Silver (could not make out as it was 9 PM in the night & the section of road was poorly illuminated; & I overtook as i need not care for run-in). My observations are as follows:

1. The design is dated, & looks atleast a decade old.

2. Paint quality (especially in case of the sceond car above) was outstanding. Must praise the lustre & smoothness of the paint. Much better than my Santro Xing. Any time better than Maruti, Tata, & even Honda in case of small cars.

3. The car does feels lightly under-tyred, i.e. needs bit bitter tyres, especially the diesel.

4. There could be more accessories (plastic moulding) on the outer body of the car. This could make the design look bit younger.

5. The cars pulled effortlessly, latter one was petrol. It seems that almost all the manufacturers are coming with petrol engines that are high on refinement, adequate for city driving.

Have small family function tomorrow morning, after which I will go for Figo & Polo Test drives with my brother.

PS : Wifey liked Figo design & found the car cute but huge.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:56   #1339
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
If you are right thats another great feature ford has given its customers without shouting out that "i have this" like others. IIRC all other cars have this feature only on cars with Air Bags.

And what is this anti-drip wiping on the Titanium. I'm sure its not the wiper coming back on after a second when you use the washer. Coz that happens in my Exi too
Indeed They are present.

Anti-drip wiping wipes off the drip of water left behind 5 secs after you switch off the wiper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Doubt if all models have pretensioners.
What are anti-submarine seats?
Yours doubts are cleared.

Anti-submarine seats are the seats that resist a person moving towards the dashboard in case of an impact & try to hold the person in the seat itself rather than slide
Old 1st April 2010, 18:00   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Anti drip wiping that i have on my fiesta is of no much help.
the delayed swipe should be after 5 seconds to really catch the dripping.
It does take about 5 secs for the last wipe to come on and no more drips after that. Yours comes on much sooner?
Old 1st April 2010, 18:11   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Over 10K bookings!

Ford Figo receives 10,000 bookings in March - NDTV Profit

Quote:
Carmaker Ford India on Thursday reported an over three-fold jump in its March sales at 9,478 units on the back of its newly-launched hatchback Figo getting a good response.

Figo has already over 10,000 bookings in the last four weeks, Ford India said in a statement.

The company had sold a total of 3,127 units in March 2009.

"In view of the market response to the Figo we will be ramping up its output by moving into a second shift of production at our Chennai facility though we have not finalised the time for it yet," Ford India Marketing Sales and Services Executive Director Nigel Wark said.

The Chennai facility has a production capacity of one lakh units, which is now being increased to two lakh units as part of the company's $500-million investment plan.

Besides, the facility also has a capacity of 2.5 lakh units of engines per annum.

Wark said there will not be any price hike on Figo and Ikon due the the new emission norms, but there will be marginal hike of 1-2 per cent in prices of SUV Endeavour and sedan Fiesta.

The company said all its models including the Ikon, Fiesta and Endeavour performed well during March.
Ford is officially in the volumes business now. I hope their dealers and service centres don't mess it up. Their other cars usually sell around 3500 units a month, so they officially billed about 6K Figos in March then.

Last edited by Gilead : 1st April 2010 at 18:15.
Old 1st April 2010, 18:27   #1342
BHPian

Good to note that Ford sold 3,127 Figos in March 2009. The appetite for the car is huge and the number of posts on this thread (my post is #1839) alone confirms this.

By the way, I was browsing the thread on the Chevy Beat and Beat owners seem very pleased with the car. Now, are there any threads that compare the Figo and the Beat?

Last edited by misquitas : 1st April 2010 at 18:28.
Old 1st April 2010, 18:29   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Good to note that Ford sold 3,127 Figos in March 2009.
Dude, 3127 was the no. of Fiestas, Ikons and Endys they sold in March 2009! Last year. Like I mentioned in my post, they must have sold about 6K Figos in Feb.
Old 1st April 2010, 19:12   #1344
Senior - BHPian

They have sold a total of 9478 units in the month of March, their best ever, ever since they came to India.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 1st April 2010 at 19:13.
Old 1st April 2010, 19:15   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Dude, 3127 was the no. of Fiestas, Ikons and Endys they sold in March 2009! Last year. Like I mentioned in my post, they must have sold about 6K Figos in Feb.

Whoooops, my mistake. I would like to know how many Figos they sold in March.
Old 1st April 2010, 19:17   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Whoooops, my mistake. I would like to know how many Figos they sold in March.
Sorry. That was a typo in my post. It should read as March and not Feb. They did not sell any Figos in Feb.
Old 1st April 2010, 19:47   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Got an opportunity to check a black Figo closely. Dash board color looks horrible for a black car, but it was looking OK with the green exterior. I liked the simple, plain looking exterior unlike the very aggressive BEAT. But the problem is with some dust on exterior the car already looks dated. My first choice is Red and next comes white with some white alloy wheels.
Old 1st April 2010, 20:41   #1348
BANNED

This thread is getting more active unlike the other threads tend to be low active after the launch. But this thread is getting more active as new deliveries taking place.

Only before few days it crossed 100 pages and 1500 posts, now its nearly 125 pages and getting 2000 posts very soon.

Whats the current record here? I think this thread will break it.
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:57   #1349
BANNED

10000 bookings for Figo in March

The Hindu : Business / Companies : Figo does Ford proud
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:53   #1350
BHPian

off topic: 1869 post in this thread, highest in terms of replies
second highest in terms of Views next to Punto Test drive, considering this thread started some 6 months later than punto thread. Hottest topic ever?! Yes

Most Viewed