Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:17   #1351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

From the yard the car comes without any mats. At the showroom they just put the mats over the carpet which is covered with dirt and mud. They never bothered to clean it.

Another lesson for me don't take deliveries during night time!
Guys, I don't understand how these guys are capable of getting the insides of the car so dirty . Especially when the initial odo reading is so low. I can understand the exterior of the car being covered in a layer of dust. But how in the world do they manage to do this to the interior??
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:27   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio this thread is the only interactive thread with some one from the manufacturer trying to help out customers. This explains the high popularity of the thread.
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:06   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Scorpio this thread is the only interactive thread with some one from the manufacturer trying to help out customers. This explains the high popularity of the thread.
+1 to that observation ! I have followed all new launch/test drive threads for more than an year and nothing came close to this. Punto too was very good, but not at this scale. The presence of people like Mustang, kiku etc really made this thread very active, hats off to you guys ! They were trying to help the prospective buyers and that's very much appreciable.

I am sure I would have waited for 2 more weeks, if not for the advice of Mustang to escalate my delivery delay to Ford customer care. As a result of that, I managed to establish a direct communication line with RSM who didn't mind calling from his mobile to talk to me. I did not pester him with frequent calls after that, always tried the SMS route and he was prompt in replying. I hope he will be reading this
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:08   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
agreed Poloman, something other VM or Bhpian's working for other such VM to take note. Even if some may assume that Mustang is being asked to do by Ford or if he is doing on his own free will. It needs to be appreciated.

As a customer it feels good to know that someone cares to answer, Kudos to Mustang and other Ford Bhpians supporting the people interested in Figo and those owning them. good work on their part.
"Every Little Helps"
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:24   #1355
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
aye aye mustang!! One onwership thread coming up today

btw I'm still on TC plates can I drive around the city ? I have the Insurance and tax paper for my car.

Yes you can drive on a temporary no. for upto a month's time
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:46   #1356
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
After April 30th I am need to look into Nissan Micra, hope detailed test drive report will be here soon or in may.
Even if you go for a micra, i dont think there will be a nissan showroom in kottayam. I am pretty sure you will get your figo in april itself.
Old 2nd April 2010, 16:39   #1357
BANNED

Few days ago i had said about a silver figo spotted in my church. Today i saw it again and took few snaps.

I think it is a silver zxi TDCI with black dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image0373.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image0375.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image0369.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image0368.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2010, 16:44   #1358
BHPian

#1 reasons not to buy Maruti

Looks like Maruti has jacked up prices of Ritz and Swift. The Ritz Vxi which was available around 4.28 is now 5.06L on road.

B'lore prices...
Figo P Lxi Ex: 349,000, Swift P Lxi : 412249!!! Ritz P Lzi Ex:395673
Figo P Zxi Ex:399,000, Swift P Vxi:443130, Ritz P Vxi Ex: 427299
Figo P Tit Ex: 442900, Swift P Zxi: 524664. Ritz P Zxi Ex: 491664
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:47   #1359
Senior - BHPian

mustang, I have never seen figo in person. So is the coral color a painted one or the base color of the plastic itself?
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:48   #1360
BANNED

Quote:
mustang, I have never seen figo in person. So is the coral color a painted one or the base color of the plastic itself?
Base color itself. The company does not paint any dash.
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:19   #1361
BHPian

Figo Petrol - Fuel effeciency ?

Hi Mustang,

As there aren't many Figo Petrol owners yet in this forum, I would like to ask you about fuel effeciency of it. Since you have been driving a lot of these lately, how much do you expect it to be in normal city driving? This would help me get an idea about it.

I have been confused between Ritz & Figo Petrol. Everything seems to be in favour of Figo except its engine when compared with Maruti K-Series. I am sure that Figo's effeciency cannot be expected to be same that that of Ritz/Swift. However, any information about it from your perspective would be much appreciated.

Regards
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:27   #1362
BHPian

If anyone in Delhi NCR needs a Figo asap, I (or rather someone I know) can get one arranged through one of Ford's dealerships in the area. A sales guy I had talked to earlier has offered the chance to get a Figo in 10 days or less as they are expecting a very large consignment and some customers who had booked the car have hinted at cancellation.
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:32   #1363
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2389 View Post
Hi Mustang,

As there aren't many Figo Petrol owners yet in this forum, I would like to ask you about fuel effeciency of it. Since you have been driving a lot of these lately, how much do you expect it to be in normal city driving? This would help me get an idea about it.

I have been confused between Ritz & Figo Petrol. Everything seems to be in favour of Figo except its engine when compared with Maruti K-Series. I am sure that Figo's effeciency cannot be expected to be same that that of Ritz/Swift. However, any information about it from your perspective would be much appreciated.

Regards

As I mentioned that the ARAI figure is 15.6 km/L, I am getting a good 12.5 km/L even when i drive really enthusiastically.
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:40   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Silver is making Figo look dull. But Captain's Black one is gorgeous. What color is your dash?
HEy thanks
Yeah the dash is in Black.

Regarding the F.E with a full talk DTE shows about 570. This is inside the city. I hope things improve.
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:44   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Once again thanks Captain for the pics . Looking forward to your ownership thread.

Dream of Figo is crystallizing in my mind, mind vacillating between black and white. Expect an ownership thread from me same time next month, assuming the dealer delivers soon. Just that all these long drawn out procedures for pre-closing existing loan are making me .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks