Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:30   #1366
BHPian

Finally, I could see my baby in flesh ! Reached Lathangi Ford at 5:30 PM today, almost got lost in the crowd there. Looks like Figo is attracting more and more people, way to go ! The clueless sales girl almost gave me a shock when she told there is no red TDCi Titanium in the showroom. I could not see anything in the front yard or inside the service area and almost felt like their promise to show the car is not going to happen..But then the senior sales guy came and told that the car is parked in the basement and there she stands - the red hot babe ! Had a look overall, could not find any scratches or dents, thank God for that ! The ODO reads 56 KM which is ok, sales rep xplained that it's due facotry to loading ramp + unloading place to yard + yard to dealership movement. Took few snaps, it is a crowded basement parking, so difficult to get good angles and poor lighting. Yet, I am posting it to give a sneak preview. I have asked to fit fog lamps and mats and mud flaps already part of the essential kit they push along with third year warranty. Sun films were initially thought of, but then decided to get it done outside after doing a thorough research. They have promised delivery by 4 PM tomorrow, I want it before 4:50 PM. Auspicious time as prescribed by in laws :-)

@mkerala - Chill is the only color I haven't seen yet. Today is my 7th visit to dealer and never happened spot a Figo with chill color so far.

I got some information on the TD car accident. Yes, it was Lathangi's car and it was a head on collision with a mini tempo. Customer and sales rep escaped with no hurt, you would have seen the photos of the mangled front side. The driver of the mini tempo died on the spot...Looks like the safety features and air bags of Figo saved the lives of passengers !
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00755.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00756.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00757.jpg  

Last edited by Revy : 2nd April 2010 at 21:46.
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:56   #1367
BANNED

@Revvy : Looks hot, Blazing Hot!

PS - I told you that the sales person & the TD guy came out without a scratch but i did not know that the poor tempo driver died. I feel sorry for him.
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:08   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
...there she stands - the red hot babe !...
@mkerala - Chill is the only color I haven't seen yet. Today is my 7th visit to dealer and never happened spot a Figo with chill color so far.

I got some information on the TD car accident. Yes, it was Lathangi's car and it was a head on collision with a mini tempo. Customer and sales rep escaped with no hurt, you would have seen the photos of the mangled front side. The driver of the mini tempo died on the spot...Looks like the safety features and air bags of Figo saved the lives of passengers !
Revy, many Congratulations!! that's a fabulous looking car. (Incidentally, mine would be ditto except for the Lathangi sticker)

@mkerala, I'd seen Chill colour at the Palace Road Showroom on both the occasions when i was there. Looking at web, i had decided on Chill.. but after seeing in person, my colour preference changed to Red, SeaGrey and Chill in that order.

Around 8 PM today, i saw a White Titanium TDCi figo near Chinnaswamy stadium. With the lights on, the rear looks sooooooo cuuuuuuuute ... i'm more in love with the car now. Lack of mud flaps.. made me feel like something had fallen off (felt the same with Revy's pics too)

Its sad to know abt the mini-tempo driver and Figo TD accident. Nobody needed to die/suffer just because someone else was considering to buy a car.
Many times, i wonder why tempos and auto-rickshaws have so little safety and comfort features. I can't imagine what would happen to my back if i drove an auto for even one day.
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:12   #1369
BANNED

Quote:
Finally, I could see my baby in flesh ! Reached Lathangi Ford at 5:30 PM today, almost got lost in the crowd there. Looks like Figo is attracting more and more people, way to go ! The clueless sales girl almost gave me a shock when she told there is no red TDCi Titanium in the showroom. I could not see anything in the front yard or inside the service area and almost felt like their promise to show the car is not going to happen..But then the senior sales guy came and told that the car is parked in the basement and there she stands - the red hot babe ! Had a look overall, could not find any scratches or dents, thank God for that ! The ODO reads 56 KM which is ok, sales rep xplained that it's due facotry to loading ramp + unloading place to yard + yard to dealership movement. Took few snaps, it is a crowded basement parking, so difficult to get good angles and poor lighting. Yet, I am posting it to give a sneak preview. I have asked to fit fog lamps and mats and mud flaps already part of the essential kit they push along with third year warranty. Sun films were initially thought of, but then decided to get it done outside after doing a thorough research. They have promised delivery by 4 PM tomorrow, I want it before 4:50 PM. Auspicious time as prescribed by in laws :-)

There is no radio antenna on your figo. Did you noticed it? It is a titanium and still antenna missing. You should add antenna to PDI list.

So anybody see a chill figo please take a snap and most it here.

Last edited by mkerala : 2nd April 2010 at 22:14.
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:14   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@Revvy : Looks hot, Blazing Hot!

PS - I told you that the sales person & the TD guy came out without a scratch but i did not know that the poor tempo driver died. I feel sorry for him.
That's what the Lathangi sales person told me...Poor tempo guy, he does not have any protection in such collisions...People when doing TD should be a little more cautious, especially on the crowded city roads. Even expert drivers need some time to get familiar with the new car while doing TD, before taking the car to high speeds. I don't know if it was the recklessness of the TD car driver or that of the tempo. Knowing the speeds a mini tempo with load can go, I am afraid it is the former..

@mkerala - thanks for pointing out the antenna thing, I missed to spot it ! But now my wife says she noticed it, but thought the dealers will fix it by tomorrow before delivery. Now I have to make a special note of this !

Last edited by Revy : 2nd April 2010 at 22:18.
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:22   #1371
BANNED

Quote:
@mkerala - thanks for pointing out the antenna thing, I missed to spot it ! But now my wife says she noticed it, but thought the dealers will fix it by tomorrow before delivery. Now I have to make a special note of this !
I think every one here have at least one problem after PDI. I think antenna must have broken during transport in trucks.
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:27   #1372
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I think every one here have at least one problem after PDI. I think antenna must have broken during transport in trucks.

Antenna is removed during transit & is only fixed minutes prior to taking delivery.

@Revvy : No need to worry, they will fix the antenna prior to your delivery.
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:28   #1373
BANNED

Quote:
Antenna is removed during transit & is only fixed minutes prior to taking delivery.

@Revvy : No need to worry, they will fix the antenna prior to your delivery.
oh, really i thought its gone for ever, my mistake.
Old 2nd April 2010, 23:53   #1374
BHPian

Newbie posts --- go almost unnoticed !!!

hmm.. found an interesting problem with the site.

I would normally post something .. and then check the responses on the next day. It was disappointing to see that not many ppl were interested in my post and they had just continued on with some other topic within the conversation.

Analysis: All posts from newbies are inserted into the page based on their respective timestamp but remain invisible until mods approve them. By the time they become visible, other people would have posted many more replies and hence the newbie post can go unnoticed!!!!

Mods: Can you consider either of the below enhancements to the site:
1) changing the timestamp of the post to "approved time" so that it becomes visible at the end of the list?
2) when a post is submitted for signonff, create a placeholder-post to indicating that a post is awaiting signoff. It may also help if only the poster's text is hidden while the original quoted text is displayed during this waiting period. This might add to the curiosity
Old 3rd April 2010, 00:24   #1375
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
hmm.. found an interesting problem with the site.

I would normally post something .. and then check the responses on the next day. It was disappointing to see that not many ppl were interested in my post and they had just continued on with some other topic within the conversation.
)
3 posts to go before you become a bhpian, no worries then. Anyways I did a lot of wheelspins in the black petrol figo today. Love those tyre marks.
Old 3rd April 2010, 00:39   #1376
BHPian

Captain, Mustang,
Yes, i may soon lose my newbie status.. so i can live with it. I was just trying to be helpful to the other / future newbies. (I'm surprised it took me so long to figure it out.. perhaps i haven't been as active as i've been today.. or perhaps i'm really dumb. )

BTW, i suppose not many of us here (on the forum) would have seen a Figo on the road in the night. Anyone else impressed with the rear?
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:46   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
For Ford, Figo is surely a turning point. Thru figo, ford has got the right momentum (IPL impact?), but they have to maintain it.
Highlights of March sales:

i) Highest ever sales in Ford India's history
ii) Highest ever billing in a single day (1077 cars billed from company)
iii) Highest Endeavour sales (415).

Between 28% of figos sold in march are Diesel Zxi variant

Last edited by benkey2 : 3rd April 2010 at 01:51.
Old 3rd April 2010, 06:04   #1378
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Hello everyone,
Did i forgot to tell this "I booked two cars for the last one year but i have been to one sales rep" Can you guys guess the answer? It a funny answer.

After i booked my estilo(First booking) and waited for 3 month my sales rep fought with his GM in my case and took resignation from maruti dealership.

After one more month I canceled my booking and waited for figo for few months. Then gone to ford dealership to book figo and saw him there and he is my sales rep now.
I think its time for him to resign from ford dealership too.
I am 100% sure that you will drive squeeze petrol within April. Everyone is eager to see your ownership thread.
period
you need to have unlimited internet connection - ur post is seen in all pages of this hot thread

Quote:
@poloman IMO Captain's dash is black! I drove a black titanium petrol today with the coral dash!

@everyone A lot of people were checking out the car as i had rolled down the window & there were many glances. IMHO it looked really nice & custom modded. Must see at a showroom near you guys if you cant decide on a color.

PS - I have never received so much attention in a ford car before except for the time when i drove the then unlaunched aquarius fiesta.
Black is really looking new than other colors may be after Red. Chill and moon dust silver does not look new. Black with Coral Dash without Sun film is stunning. All colours are available in Chennai Ford, Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Once again thanks Captain for the pics . Looking forward to your ownership thread.

Dream of Figo is crystallizing in my mind, mind vacillating between black and white. Expect an ownership thread from me same time next month, assuming the dealer delivers soon. Just that all these long drawn out procedures for pre-closing existing loan are making me .
I am not able to finalise between white and black.

Does EXi have chrome finish door pads or just black.
Old 3rd April 2010, 07:26   #1379
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I am 100% sure that you will drive squeeze petrol within April. Everyone is eager to see your ownership thread.
period
you need to have unlimited internet connection - ur post is seen in all pages of this hot thread
You noted that!. Yes I am online many times a day and most time here and in facebook figo page. I use about 60-100mb per day. I have unlimited from 2am-8am every day.

For the last few years I use to use computer too much. But at that time i was not interested in vehicles that much, used to surf in ebay and computer discussion boards and manage my website and all.

But last year i decide to buy a car and for the last few months I full time in net for this purpose. Due to this i knew about figo and booked it first, but no use.

From the above figoures you can understand how much MB and time i have wasted for figo and still continuing. Yes at least i could meet you guys here
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:41   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear you are gonna be irregular on t-bhp :( All the very best. And thanks for all your time and effort.

Most Viewed