Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 08:43   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post

iii) Highest Endeavour sales (415).
I know someone who sold a 3 month old Fortuner and got an Endeavour due to brake issues with the former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes, its going to really hot in delhi, but my ikon & fusion will keep me cool. Can you believe that my ikon has never got an AC service done up? Its been 8 years since i bought it.

Anyways i will keep the news flowing.

PS - If there is no launching news from ford india about the new fiesta sedan or a figo 1.6 by the year end then i am going to buy myself a current gen fiesta 1.6S to replace my ikon. Decision is final
Get the 1.6S You did say it would go out of production in 3Q.

Congrats on the move to Delhi. What will a QC guy be doing in Delhi anyway? Is it a different assignment?
Old 4th April 2010, 08:49   #1397
BANNED

See Maruti sales in march.

C Omni, Versa, Eeco* 10875

A2 Alto, Wagon-R, Estilo, Swift, A-Star, Ritz* 54763

A3 SX4, DZire 10453

Seeing this figure tells me that figo is going overtaking Maruti sales. Maruti needs at least two car to get 10k figure.

If ford do deliveries faster without much waiting list, all maruti waiting list will go for ford.

Ford has got a brilliant opportunity. Maruti plant capacity is 10 lakhs per year and they are now manufacturing 10.5 lahks and others in waiting list. Maruti is going to upgrade to 12.5 lahks by 2012. By that time ford could gain from it.

But is 2 lahk capacity of ford enough? Also more ford cars are coming. Also ford said it will be attain full capacity only by 5 years. Ford could have at least a 5 lahk capacity plant.

Also Nissan Renault has new plant in Chennai with initial capacity of 2,00,000 units per annum which will be scaled upto 4,00,000 units by 2012-13.

Even though ford is having 180 dealers and 4 cars and for last 10-13 years in India has only 200,000 cars capacity.

Is ford planing for another plant in India?

Last edited by mkerala : 4th April 2010 at 08:50.
Old 4th April 2010, 08:54   #1398
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I know someone who sold a 3 month old Fortuner and got an Endeavour due to brake issues with the former.

Get the 1.6S You did say it would go out of production in 3Q.

Congrats on the move to Delhi. What will a QC guy be doing in Delhi anyway? Is it a different assignment?

I am likely to shift department as soon as a vacancy appears(1-2 months), till then i will be there in delhi for assignemnts regarding owned cars rather than new upcoming ones & if any new assignment comes up in chennai, They will get me to chennai for 4-7 days whenever required.

1.6S , I want your color(aquarius)! hahaha, Cant get it though! Lets see man, I have to wait till Q3 2011 & if it gets discontinued by then, Then i'll go for ZXI & mod it(white color with racing stripes)!

btw if an announcement is made for a 1.6 figo or the new fiesta, then i will wait till then.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 4th April 2010 at 08:55.
Old 4th April 2010, 08:58   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalmonotony View Post
That's part of Ford Marketing. Slightly inflated price leak and forum support for potential customers. Proof: Thread popularity Good move by Ford.
There is no harm if you don't appreciate some one for there sincere help. But, you have no right to blame some one with out knowing the truth.

Mustang, thanks a lot for all your sincere efforts in answering each and every question we had about Figo.
Old 4th April 2010, 08:58   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
My friend told this as condensed (???) mic. will function as the way it functions under the stumps in the cricket pitch.
but where is the mic? I guess the only loation which will be easier for the driver to speak into, is the steering wheel. But I didn't see any mic on the steering wheel.

Mustang, do you have any idea? Captain, are you able to answer calls in your donkey?
Old 4th April 2010, 08:59   #1401
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
But is 2 lahk capacity of ford enough? Also more ford cars are coming. Also ford said it will be attain full capacity only by 5 years. Ford could have at least a 5 lahk capacity plant.

Also Nissan Renault has new plant in Chennai with initial capacity of 2,00,000 units per annum which will be scaled upto 4,00,000 units by 2012-13.

Even though ford is having 180 dealers and 4 cars and for last 10-13 years in India has only 200,000 cars capacity.

Is ford planing for another plant in India?
Mkerala : Ford India earlier used to export a lot of Ikons, We have stopped doing that so all this capacity is for India itself, but yes i feel it should have a 3 lakh capacity atleast !

Also Nissan has made such a huge plant as they plan to do a lot of exports from here, From what i heard, That they will export 200,000 & build 200,000 for India, so it comes to the same capacity as our plant
Old 4th April 2010, 09:01   #1402
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
but where is the mic? I guess the only loation which will be easier for the driver to speak into, is the steering wheel. But I didn't see any mic on the steering wheel.

Mustang, do you have any idea? Captain, are you able to answer calls in your donkey?

@ Raju : I have no idea on the location of the mic, I have never used the bluetooth feature, I just saw my colleague use it. I will ask him & if he tells me anything, I will let you know
Old 4th April 2010, 09:08   #1403
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean that I am here to do marketing for the figo?
<<<That's part of Ford Marketing. Slightly inflated price leak and forum support for potential customers. Proof: Thread popularity Good move by Ford.>>>

Mustang has given good inside info about the quality of the car - mostly in the technical aspects and quality tests Figo has undergone - which is informed through a knowledgable forum. It is up to the individual to decide whether to go or not. When I PM'ed Mustang for certain clarifications, he never insisted to go for figo or any other ford products.

May be it would have been taken as indirect marketing - like If I buy Voltas A/c and say it is very good and works well, the neighbour buys the same.
I have recommended my Suzuki Access whenever I get a chance as I feel it is better than Honda Activa.

One thing we forget to notice, there is a tremendous crowd for buying cars from the month of DEC 09 till today. The timing of the figo launch, the crowded auto buyers, correct product pricing (especially the Zxi & Titanium), good review by almost in all media is helping a lot for Figo.
Old 4th April 2010, 09:08   #1404
BANNED

Quote:

I think its in the music system. Powerful mics can capture sound from every where. Also its in the car so voice is loud every where in the car.
Old 4th April 2010, 09:11   #1405
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any small hole in the Audio System is enough to pick up the sound from the entire cabin
Old 4th April 2010, 09:13   #1406
BANNED

Quote:
Mkerala : Ford India earlier used to export a lot of Ikons, We have stopped doing that so all this capacity is for India itself, but yes i feel it should have a 3 lakh capacity atleast !

Also Nissan has made such a huge plant as they plan to do a lot of exports from here, From what i heard, That they will export 200,000 & build 200,000 for India, so it comes to the same capacity as our plant
I think ford also going to import figos to other Asian countries soon, so will decrease on it too.

Also ford said they will be using full capacity within 5 years only. So what is the capacity now? 1 lahks i guess so.

Nissan starts at 2 lahks and reaches 4 lahks.

Currently Nissan has 3 cars which are price in benz - bmw range. So what has Nissan got for India? Do micra sells 2 lahks per year?

I think they will be pricing micra more and more competitively. Ford has to watch out for it.
Old 4th April 2010, 09:14   #1407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

May be it would have been taken as indirect marketing - like If I buy Voltas A/c and say it is very good and works well, the neighbour buys the same.
RGK you know what? One of my ACs got busted in Delhi & as soon as i reach there next week, I was planning to buy a Voltas AC

from my side

@mkerala : We have 100,000 units capacity before the modifications began, Now i guess we have 5-10 thousand more

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 4th April 2010 at 09:16.
Old 4th April 2010, 09:17   #1408
BANNED

Its a good thing that ford didn't charge customers for metallic shades. Maruti charge about 3k-5k for metallic colors.
Old 4th April 2010, 09:19   #1409
BHPian

How is the Ford service in Bangalore. I am currently looking out at Figo as one of the Options to take up but a bit worried on the service and maintenance cost. Are Ford parts and service as costly as Chevrolet.

Checked out the Figo, the car is really worth the buy in the 4.5 lakh category, its fully loaded, but the dealer interaction didn't please me much. So a bit worried on how they will service and will it burn my pocket.
Old 4th April 2010, 09:21   #1410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
How is the Ford service in Bangalore. I am currently looking out at Figo as one of the Options to take up but a bit worried on the service and maintenance cost. Are Ford parts and service as costly as Chevrolet.

Checked out the Figo, the car is really worth the buy in the 4.5 lakh category, its fully loaded, but the dealer interaction didn't please me much. So a bit worried on how they will service and will it burn my pocket.
Try another dealer? Which dealer did you go? Metro ford or Lathangi ? There are buyers of both dealers here.

As far i have read its better go to Lathangi.

Last edited by mkerala : 4th April 2010 at 09:24.

Most Viewed