Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 21:27   #1846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
When i contacted, RSM told it will be available only after mid may.

Go for coral as it is less heated in the sun.
I just heard from my colleague that he is settling for a Squeeze with the red dash as well. He is getting the car on Wed. Apparently there is no concrete info on when Squeeze with black dash will be available.
Old 10th April 2010, 21:41   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
but why dont you check this out : Bloke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It clearly defines a bloke as a british person
Have a look at this one.
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict.../british/bloke
This should settle it. The term originated in blighty, as did 9/10ths of the English tongue, and is used all over the world particularly the commonwealth. No more on this lest I should attract an infraction.
Old 10th April 2010, 21:56   #1848
BHPian

Mallus are getting a taste of the full spectrum of Ford sales, service & support, it seems to me. Whereas Ford is bending over backwards and going all out to please Mr. GeniThomas (or is it JoeThomas), MKerala is at the receiving end. Other Joe's/Thomas's are having a mixed bag.
=============
Going by all the nervousness/jitters/anxiety/initial hiccups that goes with new car launches, is it a good idea to hold onto a couple of months before plonking one's money?
Old 10th April 2010, 22:09   #1849
BHPian

i tooke her out for a spin, intially the diesel noise was a bit loud, i could here it even after switching the music on, however as i drove more the noise level came down.. Infact i even shut the AC and brought my windows down. The noise was not to be heard with the music system, i guess the more your engine works the lesser the noise.

I was doing 60kmph on a straight stretch of road, left the steering wheel, it was going straight for about 10- 15 metres then started to go left. This could also be due to the road, or is this the wheel issue can someone help me out here?
Old 10th April 2010, 22:15   #1850
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
For avoiding a few weeks wait, I dont want a color I dont like. Not that Coral is bad. But black is what I'm used to.

Stock is avaliable in white and red(apparently). But I've been dreaming only of the Squeeze.

I think I'm under the "herd effect".

Seeing some people getting their cars, I get the impression that I'm somehow being cheated of a deal. And that anxiety is playing havoc with my judgement and patience.

I think I need to take a break from this forum. Too stressful.
Actually coral/ebony option in figo is an defense by ford. When all the media who test drove it complained about coral, only way ford could escape was saying "It is optional". Because since there is ebony, ford can get that too.

But ford actual want coral on zxi and titanium. They need only ebony to keep mouth shut who complained about coral.

So they are too lazy to make a ebony zxi or titanium.

Waiting till May mid i something we can't imagine. You will probably get it in June.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:15   #1851
Distinguished - BHPian

@scorp: Since the car went straight initially, I guess it could be an issue with the roads.
What tyres do you have?
Also, once the engine warms up, the noise does reduce significantly.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:28   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@scorp: Since the car went straight initially, I guess it could be an issue with the roads.
What tyres do you have?
Also, once the engine warms up, the noise does reduce significantly.
I again went out to drop my relative at the station, whilst coming back i tried again, it does veer to the left. They are apollo tyres, so a bit worrying.

@silverknight: did you call the service centre or you took it directly to them
Old 10th April 2010, 23:29   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Another Figo Ownership thread just came up!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1831479

Yet another sad story that thankfully ended on a happy note. While Ford has produced a first-rate car, it is indeed unfortunate that it has many third-rate dealers with third-rate customer service. I dread to think just how many people may have either cancelled their decision to opt for a Figo or may have cancelled their bookings (after opting for a Figo), after an encounter with these lousy Ford dealers. Not so long ago, many Ford dealers may have been killing flies and with the arrival of the Figo, they now seem to be killing customers.

Hey Mustang, may be it's time to have a QC for dealers and you should head this new department. A lot of these dealers should be given the pink slips, or maybe the "coral" slips, and should be "squeezed" out of the Ford family.

Last edited by misquitas : 10th April 2010 at 23:31.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:41   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post

I was doing 60kmph on a straight stretch of road, left the steering wheel, it was going straight for about 10- 15 metres then started to go left. This could also be due to the road, or is this the wheel issue can someone help me out here?
Hmmm, inconclusive I would say. With me it was very apparent even at 20-30 kmph. Please consider the lateral gradient of the road too. And given that steering is responsive we need to consider the road conditions.
Last Monday I drove for over 100 km and then realised the strain, the pulling had caused, in my right arm. After this I was sure that there is some real problem and it is not the road.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:52   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Hmmm, inconclusive I would say. With me it was very apparent even at 20-30 kmph. Please consider the lateral gradient of the road too. And given that steering is responsive we need to consider the road conditions.
Last Monday I drove for over 100 km and then realised the strain, the pulling had caused, in my right arm. After this I was sure that there is some real problem and it is not the road.
i havee driven about 180 kms so far within city, only pain i had was on the lower back. However, fellow bhpians suggested getting a pillow. I did today and no pain whatsoever. Also picked up a figo cover for 650 bucks. I might just overreacting based on the earlier posts. Will check it again.

Is the veering of the car to the left common due to road, how long can a car stay in line without requiring a correction? anyone?
Old 11th April 2010, 00:00   #1856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post

Is the veering of the car to the left common due to road, how long can a car stay in line without requiring a correction? anyone?
Turn the steering to the right. If it immediately corrects itself to left on its own, you have an issue. Else you don't.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:08   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Turn the steering to the right. If it immediately corrects itself to left on its own, you have an issue. Else you don't.
i think it doesnt correct to left, will check it anyway tomorrow. thanks gilead
Old 11th April 2010, 00:15   #1858
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't all power steerings have a tendency to return to the middle on their own?
I think you should drive on a level road and see if it veers towards the left. Also, if it does have a problem, you would be correcting the steering on your own all the time and that is noticeable.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:29   #1859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Don't all power steerings have a tendency to return to the middle on their own?
Yes they do, so a light pressure must be maintained on the steering when turning to the right. If the car has a tendency to pull towards the left, it will be immediately noticeable. And yes, continuous corrections are needed in a vehicle that has this issue. It's next to impossible to find a completely level road here.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:30   #1860
BHPian

Once again went to have a look of the FIGO with the intended buyer after checking the Ritz VDI and Puto Diesel. The Drive of the FIGO was fantastic but we did notice a a vibration / shake once the engine is turned on and off.
Now not sure if this was there in the Punto or Ritz but will be checking the Punto again as things have narrowed down to the FIGO and Punto.
On searching this thread i did find a mention of this issue on page 63.
Although it is for a split second the whole car does shake / vibrate and is noticeable if you are looking for it.
The question is - is this normal or is it normal only for the Figo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks