Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 07:41   #1861
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
i tooke her out for a spin, intially the diesel noise was a bit loud, i could here it even after switching the music on, however as i drove more the noise level came down.. Infact i even shut the AC and brought my windows down. The noise was not to be heard with the music system, i guess the more your engine works the lesser the noise.

I was doing 60kmph on a straight stretch of road, left the steering wheel, it was going straight for about 10- 15 metres then started to go left. This could also be due to the road, or is this the wheel issue can someone help me out here?
Seems like your car does not have a problem, but just to check again, Is the steering causing an undue stress on your arms? <------- Check this & let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Once again went to have a look of the FIGO with the intended buyer after checking the Ritz VDI and Puto Diesel. The Drive of the FIGO was fantastic but we did notice a a vibration / shake once the engine is turned on and off.
Now not sure if this was there in the Punto or Ritz but will be checking the Punto again as things have narrowed down to the FIGO and Punto.
On searching this thread i did find a mention of this issue on page 63.
Although it is for a split second the whole car does shake / vibrate and is noticeable if you are looking for it.
The question is - is this normal or is it normal only for the Figo?

It is there in all diesel engine cars, The answer was also mentioned in & around that page 63.

It is normal so no need to worry.
Old 11th April 2010, 08:54   #1862
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@mkerala - Saw one subwoofer (subwoofer labs) - Soomoku.. - with NO TAMPERING with car interiors...
Old 11th April 2010, 09:08   #1863
RGK
Senior - BHPian

-Good to see 17.9km/l in highways with 5 pax with boot full.(Joe mileage review)
"Whatcar" has given 18.9 km/l in highways. Can be made to 20+ after the engine settles.

Eventhough rating is not only the criteria of judging a car - Figo has come out successfully and rated No 1 in the hatchback diesel segment below 6 lakh.
Swift DDis rated 3rd after Vista Quadra - bit surprising...
Old 11th April 2010, 09:31   #1864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Once again went to have a look of the FIGO with the intended buyer after checking the Ritz VDI and Punto Diesel. The Drive of the FIGO was fantastic but we did notice a a vibration / shake once the engine is turned on and off.
Now not sure if this was there in the Punto or Ritz but will be checking the Punto again as things have narrowed down to the FIGO and Punto.
On searching this thread i did find a mention of this issue on page 63.
Although it is for a split second the whole car does shake / vibrate and is noticeable if you are looking for it.
The question is - is this normal or is it normal only for the Figo?
I thing the shake you mentioned is present in the Punto as well, but I think it is less than the Figo's. I think you've got it down to the right cars (perfect actually). Choose the one that sets your heart racing a little bit more.
You can't go wrong with that .
Old 11th April 2010, 09:52   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me, if there are any plans of introducing the Figo Sedan version, I remember long back, there was a discussion of Figo sedan coming, before the Global fiesta took center stage.
Is this happening? Any news on that one. If it does then it would be a great as it ca play spoilsport in the Manza, Dzire segment. There seems to be no competition there.
Old 11th April 2010, 09:53   #1866
BANNED

@xingamazon Figo sedan = NEVER, Only the new fiesta sedan will be coming.

PS - We already have the Ikon TDCI in that segment.
Old 11th April 2010, 10:14   #1867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
i have driven about 180 kms so far within city, only pain i had was on the lower back. However, fellow bhpians suggested getting a pillow. I did today and no pain whatsoever. Also picked up a figo cover for 650 bucks. I might just overreacting based on the earlier posts. Will check it again.

Is the veering of the car to the left common due to road, how long can a car stay in line without requiring a correction? anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Turn the steering to the right. If it immediately corrects itself to left on its own, you have an issue. Else you don't.
My car's steering "Immediately" Turns left if i turn her right. But this does not happen if i turn her left. It sort of stays in that position for much longer. Does this Prove that the issue is there?

Also would a wheel Balancing solve the issue? Coz the car pulling to one direction is normally an issue with balancing. Is ford checking this before changing the tyres all together.

Somehow i like the apollos since i think it would be slightly more comfortable and less noisy than the GT3.

Another thing. Why is ford not calling back the cars with apollo's. Wont that be a real good confidence inspiring gesture rather than leaving it to the very few who might notice that it really is a problem? And then letting he grapevine spread. We've got a few examples of excellent cars failing just because of the grapevine effect. I Hope ford acts fast enough.
Old 11th April 2010, 10:29   #1868
BANNED

@gemi : I heard that they tried wheel alignment(& balancing) but it was not working & hence they replaced the apollos with goodyears & the problem was sorted, However i dont know how this thing works.

Go to the workshop tomorrow & tell them to take a road test of your vehicle. what you mentioned as changing from right to left might be due to self centering property of the steering.

Tell them to take a roadtest tomorrow & first tell me if you are facing some kind of strain in your arms if your car is going straight.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 11th April 2010 at 10:35.
Old 11th April 2010, 10:32   #1869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
My car's steering "Immediately" Turns left if i turn her right. But this does not happen if i turn her left. It sort of stays in that position for much longer. Does this Prove that the issue is there?
Gemi..
I'm
Are u talking about the steering's self centering tendency ?

Quote:
Also would a wheel Balancing solve the issue? Coz the car pulling to one direction is normally an issue with balancing. Is ford checking this before changing the tyres all together.

No Gemi, pulling to one direction is an alignment issue.
Old 11th April 2010, 10:40   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Gemi..
I'm
Are u talking about the steering's self centering tendency ?

No Gemi, pulling to one direction is an alignment issue.
Kp. Yeah sort of the self centering tendeny. But here its a bit too much when the steering is turned right and too little when the steering is turned left. And if i leave the steering it has a tendency to slowly drift towards the left. I had felt it right after delivery but decided to ignore it till service. But hearing that its a defective batch of apollos make me think otherwise.

I really cant get the logic how a defective tyre can cause this. But since most are getting it corrected by moving from acelere's to GT3's, i think i will follow the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@gemi : I heard that they tried wheel alignment(& balancing) but it was not working & hence they replaced the apollos with goodyears & the problem was sorted, However i dont know how this thing works.

Go to the workshop tomorrow & tell them to take a road test of your vehicle.
Thanks Mustang. Will do that tomorrow. I'm hoping they dont give me theories of road construction. Coz I'll be really pissed off. I moved from FIAT because i thought i have learned "enough" of these theories.

Last edited by gemithomas : 11th April 2010 at 10:42.
Old 11th April 2010, 10:52   #1871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kp. Yeah sort of the self centering tendeny. But here its a bit too much when the steering is turned right and too little when the steering is turned left. And if i leave the steering it has a tendency to slowly drift towards the left. I had felt it right after delivery but decided to ignore it till service. But hearing that its a defective batch of apollos make me think otherwise.
Get the alignment done and check for Front axle caster angle.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:18   #1872
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@mkerala - Saw one subwoofer (subwoofer labs) - Soomoku.. - with NO TAMPERING with car interiors...
Does the figo system support sub-woofer? Sub-woofer has
• Peak Power: 1000W - 1300W
• Rated Input Power: 300W - 400W

Source: Sony Xplod website

How can a normal car system provide that much?
Old 11th April 2010, 12:24   #1873
BANNED

I am trying to understand what exactly is the problem with the Apollo tyres, that is causing the veering to the left. Can anybody explain that to me?

And a personal problem of mine. A while ago, I drove my Fiesta at 150 kmph over a bump on the highway (no joking, I am serious). Didnt see the bump coming at all. Only the front tyres hit the bump, after which I believe the car went up in the air for a few milli-seconds before landing. After this incident, I am noticing that steering starts shaking when I touch 120 kmph. Also, my right arm hurts on long drives, and the car has a tendency to veer to the right.

I guess the steering shake should be fixed by wheel balancing, and the strain on the right arm should go away after wheel alignment. But, I am just wondering if it is possible that the steering alignment or something else could have gone wrong, considering that I went over the hump at 150 kmph. Any comments?
Old 11th April 2010, 12:33   #1874
BANNED

@PYSO first try wheel alignment & balancing & then if it does not solve the problem, then that means your steering alignment is out of place.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:33   #1875
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Can someone tell me, if there are any plans of introducing the Figo Sedan version, I remember long back, there was a discussion of Figo sedan coming, before the Global fiesta took center stage.
Is this happening? Any news on that one. If it does then it would be a great as it ca play spoilsport in the Manza, Dzire segment. There seems to be no competition there.
I am also expecting a figo sedan. It will really nice and be successful as the dzire. Even I look at the front of a figo i feel it to be sedan.

Since figo is on fiesta platform the only thing ford has to do is strech the boot. All other things the same.

Advantages
  • Rear window goes down completely
  • Rear power window possible
  • Figo sedan biger one with low price
  • Ford can increase price on figo sedan with low investment on it
  • Will be the best and low priced sedan in market
  • None will call it baby fusion after that

These were just done by maruti on swift and got a super seller hatch to sedan Dzire. I think ford should follow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@xingamazon Figo sedan = NEVER, Only the new fiesta sedan will be coming.

PS - We already have the Ikon TDCI in that segment.
Ikon is going to stopped by 2010 end as you said earlier. Also fiesta is currently priced higher than a starting sedan segment.

Even though figo is based on fiesta, no one can understand it at first look. It has a new look, so figo sedan will be the best sedan in the market.

Last edited by mkerala : 11th April 2010 at 12:35.

Most Viewed