Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 14:40   #2596
BHPian

They said that it takes anytime between 50-75 days to receive the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
People : Can anybody explain about the warranty / extended warranty documents for the figo? My dealer said that I would receive all warranty related documents directly from the company at my house address. However, I am yet to receive any warranty papers whatsover from ford. They said it takes about a month, so should I wait before I get them or are they trying to pull a faster one on me?
Any feedback on the this figo owners from other parts of the country?
Old 25th May 2010, 14:49   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I think most manufacturers are scared to bring in higher powered engines thinking that they would give the car a bad image of being a performance oriented lower mileage cars and the "aam admi" who makes or breaks a brand would be reluctant to check it out. Something that happened with the Palio 1.6, SX4 1.6, Aveo 1.6, Fiesta 1.6 (while the 1.4 was around), Fusion 1.6, Accent 1.6.

Not that the 1.2 Engine on the Ford is doing wonders but i think quite a few buyers would have hesitated had it been a 1.6 engine.
I was at VW dealership this weekend and if what he is saying is true then Polo 1.6 would be arriving in 3-4 months and would be priced 1 lakh more than 1.2
Old 25th May 2010, 14:53   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Rear windows go only half way down.
The only reason I dint go for it.
2 reasons why I didnt go for it:

1) In my humble opinon the car looks dated (apologies to the Figo owners but I saw a few on the road and wasnt impressed)
2) Again in my opinion the silver plastic used doesn't look that good
Old 25th May 2010, 18:03   #2599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
That's quite disappointing - the music system was praised to the skies! Ford has not been sensible with the USB feature. Even a no-name Chinese set in my car has excellent Bluetooth capability, and the USB player identifies folders, album and song names and numbers.
I too have added the USB cable, but I am able to see folder names, song names etc in the display.
Old 25th May 2010, 18:44   #2600
BHPian

Update on the a/c (hot/cold) knob issue - Dealer tried to fix it but in the end it was partially fixed and knob would not come to max cold position.

Now they have to remove part of dash and check it out. Car remains with dealer!. Will get a update tomorrow. I tried to PM Mustang and see he is BANNED ?

Thanks Brix and other for posting details on extended warranty.

Got another Shock, my sales guy today says that for 1700/- the essential pack does not include boot mat.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 25th May 2010 at 18:48.
Old 25th May 2010, 20:34   #2601
BHPian

He might be fibbing. The dealer, Sales Cons and the guy at the parts store specifically mentioned it. Then again, I haven't received it so far as they cited supply issues. So you might be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Got another Shock, my sales guy today says that for 1700/- the essential pack does not include boot mat.

Last edited by bblost : 26th May 2010 at 10:58. Reason: Discussing Mod actions is not permitted. Thanks.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:27   #2602
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
Havent given much thought to the biggest, but as of now the most irritating one is the squeaky sound from the rear. A few other owners have also reported the same, no solution though as yet.
My Fiesta also abruptly started giving the squeeking noise from back suspension 2 weeks ago. Dont know if this had to do with driving in crazy Kerala rains for 4 hours continuously. Or, perhaps had to do with carrying 6 adult + 1 child passenger for around 100 kms. Did both these things on the 2 days before the squeeking started. When I took it to Kairali Ford in Cochin, they lubricated the rear suspension and the squeeking vanished. Didnt have any squeeking afterwards (already driven 800 kms after lubricating the rear suspension). Hope this helps.
Old 26th May 2010, 07:39   #2603
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Taken delivery by my parents & friends on 24th. Unfortunately I was not able to make it. Mudflaps & Front Chrome Grille was not in stock which was ordered.
The delivery process was smooth and Sales team was able to do the regn on 24th and handover the car the same evening. Vehicle has come with Good Year stock tires. Rajshree Ford sales team kept all their commitment.
Will take 2 weeks for me to drive the car...
Old 26th May 2010, 11:47   #2604
BHPian

Any Price hike?

Is there any price hike due for the vehicle?

My SR told me that I need to pay the full amount to get it in current price!

Is it the good gold sales gimmick or is there really a price hike?

He told me that I need to pay the full amount as the vehicle is allotted to me. The vehicle is not yet in the yard for inspection! Should I go by his word?
Old 26th May 2010, 13:06   #2605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Is there any price hike due for the vehicle?

My SR told me that I need to pay the full amount to get it in current price!

Is it the good gold sales gimmick or is there really a price hike?

He told me that I need to pay the full amount as the vehicle is allotted to me. The vehicle is not yet in the yard for inspection! Should I go by his word?
Well, the salesperson at Lathangi motors, Bangalore told me the about an impending price hike when I was there to pick up my car a couple of weeks ago. I had reported it here in the same thread ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1879857 ), but no one else seemed to have heard of it then. I wonder if Ford is shooting themselves in the foot if this is true - it will certainly have a major impact on the VFM aspect, which is the major selling point of Figo today.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:37   #2606
BHPian

I still think the Figo will represent VFM even after a price hike. But thanks to the warning, I've been telling everyone I know(who might be getting a Figo) about this price hike.

I actually anticipated this. I was deciding to wait for an Employee offer versus going ahead. Then I had an inkling that this might be an introductory price(Nigel Wark said that the prices were such that, the discount was for everyone).

Now with the VAT 2% and Exshowroom price up by 3% - I got myself a good discount after all by not waiting. Makes up for the F.E downer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
it will certainly have a major impact on the VFM aspect, which is the major selling point of Figo today.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:55   #2607
Senior - BHPian

Or maybe Ford will do a Maruti act - raise the prices and advertise a discount .

They can get away with the price, but I think everything hinges on initial reports of service quality. Next six months will be decisive for Figo.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:26   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post

@ownerofazkaban, if the essential pack consists of only floor mats and mud flaps and does not include the boot mat, then chuck it. You can get good quality ones at JC road for half that price.

Unfortunately, i had bought my essential pack assuming the floor mats to be made of rubber. But they are not rubber mats, rather made of coir / cloth etc. It would easily get muddy during rains and gets worn out quickly. My figo reads about 2k on the odo and the drive side mat is almost torn.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:42   #2609
BHPian

Thanks Shubhodeep and TRRK.

With Mustang not able to give inputs, can other BHPians answe the below?

1. How many ltrs would Figo have when the fuel nozzle automatically stops while filling gas in auto mode? Would it be 45 ltrs, the full capacity or less?
2. Page 55 of the manual says that IFTEX System G needs to added with petrol. What is the purpose?
3. Dead pedal badly needed. Are rubber dead pedals which can be screwed in
available in the market?
Old 26th May 2010, 15:53   #2610
BHPian

Yes, you're right. The place where I place my heel has started wearing out quick. I was thinking of getting rubber for the monsoons too. Dont know if its specifically available for the Figo.

Where is JC road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
My figo reads about 2k on the odo and the drive side mat is almost torn.

Most Viewed