Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 16:43   #3361
Senior - BHPian

thats a nasty one. If you have seen other works by the local guys and are happy with their workmanship, get it done with them. Some local guys even do the insurance claim for you. Its not that insurance can be claimed only at A.S.S.
Old 26th October 2010, 18:44   #3362
BHPian

ouch, that looks bad.

You could do either i.e., go the the A.S.S or the garage to get it done.
Since the damage is purely metal, you might just need to shell out 500/- in terms of claim charges if opted for insurance.
For the garage, 4000/- goes out of your pocket right?
Just see if that is larger than the "no claim bonus" that you would lose while renewal if insurance is claimed.
Old 26th October 2010, 20:41   #3363
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My engine oil level has gone down despite change in engine noise which is still not diagnosed by Service guys. Need to take to the service centre.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2119358

Diesel engine gurus can throw some light on this. Is this normal or need to be attended.

I have a four to 5 line scratch on the same wheel arch for which the service centre asked 5k

@artisarkar - The scratch happened at the door edge which has two sheets compressed. So need to do with more care. The task at the wheel arch is relatively simpler.
There are good tinkers who work on these edges with more perfection. They pull the sheet and grind and apply paste and send for painting. Good painters can do the job neatly. Charges are reasonable. Better have a look of other finished vehicles in the garage before giving the job.

Last edited by RGK : 26th October 2010 at 20:49.
Old 26th October 2010, 21:12   #3364
Senior - BHPian

atrisarkar
Try Sai colorium their work is really good and they wont charge you as much as the showroom. Do give them a try.

My car took a small scratch from a local taxi walla today morning. Some white paint from the taxi was left on the rear back door. I got home used some rubbing compound and formula 1 wax and manged to remove all the marks from the body. There are only 2-3 lines visible on the rear bumper. I can live with that for now

RGK,
Its normal for diesel engines to consume a little oil. Even the Figo manual says this.
Its very normal. As long as your car isn't drinking 1 liter of oil every 2000-3000KM its absolutely normal. I wouldn't worry about this if I were you.
Old 27th October 2010, 10:53   #3365
Senior - BHPian

^^ Yes RGK, stop worrying for now. Even my car is very noisy, it often sounds like tractor, but there are no other indicators drop in performance (it revs freely to 5k rpm and often returns me 16-18kpml) so I am not bothered about the sound.

Though I do not exactly know how noisy is your noisy, you should not worry because changing windshield should not effect your engine. But yeah, you are the best judge!
Old 27th October 2010, 14:41   #3366
BHPian

Anybody had rattling sound from the front right calipers? Mine has. My service fellow said it is being seen in the Figos.
Old 27th October 2010, 14:49   #3367
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
^^ Yes RGK, stop worrying for now. Even my car is very noisy, it often sounds like tractor, but there are no other indicators drop in performance (it revs freely to 5k rpm and often returns me 16-18kpml) so I am not bothered about the sound.

Though I do not exactly know how noisy is your noisy, you should not worry because changing windshield should not effect your engine. But yeah, you are the best judge!
Thanks Anilsanil & Captain slow.
I am observing the level of oil consumption.
Yes. Coincidently after windshield change I started to hear more sound inside the cabin. I want to have a check from Ford or their authorised service centre and say " No issues and the engine is perfect". I donot want to ignore as Ford/their Service centre should not come back and say " Sir, for this level of noise and oil consumption you should have brought the car initially". Hence a act of caution.
But now I am bit relaxed on seeing your two replies... Thanks.
Old 27th October 2010, 15:05   #3368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Anybody had rattling sound from the front right calipers? Mine has. My service fellow said it is being seen in the Figos.
Could you please give more details about the same? The funny part was that i thought someone else too reported such things and when I searched for it, it was you who reported in your ownership thread!

Could you give some description of the rattle?
Old 27th October 2010, 15:43   #3369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

I have a four to 5 line scratch on the same wheel arch for which the service centre asked 5k
Either get the tinkering PLUS a stickering job to make a scratch disappear. Or wait until some other big damage occurs and put a consolidated claim.
Old 27th October 2010, 21:56   #3370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

Could you give some description of the rattle?
It sounds something like a gentle clap specially with a wet hand.Comes only on irregular roads or broken surfaces. Heard from the right tyre/suspension area.
Doesnt affect the drive/braking/steering in any way.

There was a service camp by the dealer in my town(workshop is in Mangalore).They only do diagnosis and some minor work only. The mechanic who test drove the car told me it is a problem in the brake calipers. It is a minor problem and is being seen in Figos. He also said Ford has released a technical service bulletin on this issue and they have not reiceved it yet( surprising in this age of email). Any case, to set it right, I have to go to Mangalore. He also said,it is not urgent and can wait till my next service.

I used to have this problem with my Alto earlier. It comes because of play in the caliper pins(that is what it is called I think)within its casing. The MASS used to grease the pin with each service and the noise would go away for sometime only to come back again.Then at another MASS, the mechanic used to insert a small foil or sand paper piece around the caliper pin which was a much better and long lasting fix.
Searched around and found this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ution-yet.html

Last edited by Deep Blue : 27th October 2010 at 22:12.
Old 27th October 2010, 22:06   #3371
Senior - BHPian

^^ interesting, but this is not a rattle is it some kind of khasssssssssssssss noise? I do get a small noise when I take a u-turn on a uphill road. Otherwise I never get that noise, so ignored it. not sure if we both are talking about the same thing.
Old 27th October 2010, 22:22   #3372
BHPian

No, I dont think we are talking about the same thing. Mine is a proper rattle like the childrens' rattle toys. More like two parts hitting each other.

I have crossed 6500kms, another 3500kms for next service.That should be another 3 months. If I have to go Mangalore for any other reason, I will get this checked up.
Old 27th October 2010, 23:26   #3373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
No, I dont think we are talking about the same thing. Mine is a proper rattle like the childrens' rattle toys. More like two parts hitting each other.

I have crossed 6500kms, another 3500kms for next service.That should be another 3 months. If I have to go Mangalore for any other reason, I will get this checked up.
My cousin experienced the same. Try hitting the tyre with your foot and see if u hear metallic sound. If you do take the car to the service center and tell them to grease the bolts etc behind the caliper.

I'll try posting a pic of what part to grease.
Old 28th October 2010, 09:27   #3374
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Either get the tinkering PLUS a stickering job to make a scratch disappear. Or wait until some other big damage occurs and put a consolidated claim.
Yes..Planning to get it done with a good tinker and painter and not in the A-S-S.
Before that i need to get the engine/oil stuff clarified..
Old 29th October 2010, 22:02   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Gr8 work. Any idea where it is available in chennai or bangalore

Rs1000 right. I think we can change the bulb instead of going to service centre.

Got it replaced after my first ride at night. I was really scary to drive with the stock on highway. I had a philips rally 130W one in my previous car, and it was amazing, except the heat that build up.

Considered philips to osram, from reviews that the later doesnt last long,not that reliable and no good on wet road. Paid 1.2K, 600 less to night breaker.

Seems good, but never ever can compete with the rally one

RGK, regarding the cabin noise, do check the sealant on the ORVMs, if they are not properly fixed, that could allow air to blow in. Service guys mess it up sometimes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks