Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 20:14   #7276
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Friends my car is due for the 20,000kms service next month but Ive covered only 15,800 kms till date. So should I give the car for service at its scheduled date? Its petrol model. Also how much does the 20k kms service cost?

Also has anyone felt any sound when releasing the clutch in neutral? After parking the car, and placing in neutral if I released the clutch some humming sound was coming. It was barely audible. May have been there from the beginning itself. The sound goes away on pressing the clutch even though its neutral. Has anyone heard such sound in their petrol figos too? Please advise.

Thanks.
I got my 20K service done when the ODO read 17K and got the 30K done at an ODO of 26K.
20 or 30K Service costs around 3.5k, but would shoot upto to 4.5k if you get the wheel balancing and alignment done.

When I took my car for the first service I did heard all kind of noises from the suspension, brakes, creeks from the rear and yes a springy clutch noise aswell. The clutch noise was minor and dont remember what the SA told me, but it did disappear after the service.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 21:40   #7277
BHPian

My cheewt Reddy Figo was due for first free service on 28th of this month.

Yesterday I had taken her to Cauvery Ford in Bangalore with prior appointment at 10 in the morning. There were about 5-6 cars in front of me and it took half an hour to get my car inspected by S.A. The S.A Mr.Deepak had courtesy to explain the details of first service. I had asked him to be very careful with my car without any scratches. He assured me that utmost care will be taken by service personnel.

While the car was being serviced, he took me there, while the service person was inspecting/checking my car.Few bolts were tightened and rear window autoroll down issue was addressed (I need to check if it is sorted) I was allowed to visit the car washing area. I asked them not to apply any polish to my car as they seemed to be of poor quality.

Overall experience with Cauvery Ford was exellent, much better than Hyundai & Maruti A.S.S. Here is a picture of my car and since I detail my car with silicon/ wax, the Red looked very wet and deep than other Red car.
Attached Images

Last edited by HighOctane : 25th September 2012 at 21:42.
Old 26th September 2012, 23:19   #7278
BHPian

My figo crossed 50000kms this month and the service has been done.Bill came around 6984rs which includes synthetic oil(MOBIL 0W-40).My car was included in the recalled figo's for RTB replacement.I got it replaced from pvs ford,calicut.but i don't know what's the criteria for replacement?they couldn't find any cracks or bend.i doubt whether they considered my odometer reading(50000kms) as a factor to change.ECU software upgradation was done during this service.still stalling issue is sometimes there.need to find a solution for that.As of now beyond periodic services the parts replaced includes

1.v-belt for alternator/a.c/power steering(torn into 2 pieces along mid length, luckily it was still in the pulley and it was during 13000 on odometer-replaced under warranty)

2.front right shocks got replaced under warranty around 38000kms on odometer.

apart from these few squeaks were there from the dashboard air bag compartment,glovebox,A-pillar,odometer glass which i got it rectified with the help of sponge packing and thick folded sheet of paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-21092012189001.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-10082010173.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn2943.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn2925.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn2929.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn2941.jpg  

Esu Junior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 00:08   #7279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior
My figo crossed 5000kms.
What is your tyre size? Are they stock size? Nice pics. White is a very good color on the Figo.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 27th September 2012 at 00:10.
Old 27th September 2012, 14:21   #7280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
My figo crossed 50000kms this month and the service has been done.Bill came around 6984rs which includes synthetic oil(MOBIL 0W-40).My car was included in the recalled figo's for RTB replacement.I got it replaced from pvs ford,calicut.but i don't know what's the criteria for replacement?they couldn't find any cracks or bend.i doubt whether they considered my odometer reading(50000kms) as a factor to change.ECU software upgradation was done during this service.still stalling issue is sometimes there.
The criterion for the change of RTB is if your car was manufactured in 2010 (yours is a 2010 figo)

Surprised to see that you used Mobill 1 when normally Fords service use semi synthetic. Does this mean you are going to visit the SA only when it is 65000kms ? I ask this because I think there is a fuel filter replacement at 60000kms.
Could not feel any difference in using a synthetic oil vis a vis a semi synthetic. Did you ?

I had gone in for the ECU PCM update at 25000kms and i have not been able to stall the engine since (at 55000kms now). Please can you mention the conditions for reproducing the engine stall that you experienced.

Last edited by figo_mba : 27th September 2012 at 14:22.
Old 27th September 2012, 19:27   #7281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My figo crossed 50000kms this month and the service has been done.Bill came around 6984rs which includes synthetic oil(MOBIL 0W-40).....
The labor seems too much!! Rs. 1500/- ? I believe Swift's is still around Rs. 800/-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
....Surprised to see that you used Mobill 1 when normally Fords service use semi synthetic. ...
How much will be the rate for semi-synthetic oil replacement for Figo?
Old 27th September 2012, 20:03   #7282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

The labor seems too much!! Rs. 1500/- ? I believe Swift's is still around Rs. 800/-.

How much will be the rate for semi-synthetic oil replacement for Figo?
The rate for semi synthetic is 200 rupees for a liter meaning 800rupees for 4liters. 1liter of Mobil 1 cost more than 4liter of semi synthetic oil.. Mileage wise the semi synthetic needs to be handed every 10000kms whereas the synthetic oil change is every 15000kms.
So at 30000kms I would have spend 2400rupees on 3 services of Figo but that will be just 2liters of synthetic oil.....
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 14:01   #7283

Guys, FYI...

My 1.5 yr old Figo's engine stalled mid-run yesterday. I was going downhill at around 20-30 kmph and was trying to shift into 2nd for negotiating a sharp curve. The engine stalled just as I pressed the clutch pedal and simultaneously, the brake and power steering stopped functioning. It was scary; I almost ran into the concrete median at the curve. Anyway, the car has done 16k and its the first time I'm facing this issue. I took the car to Ford Service today morning and got the software upgrade done. They have assured me that the stalling issue will not repeat. Should I be worried?

Quote:
...ECU software upgradation was done during this service.still stalling issue is sometimes there....

M_83.
Old 29th September 2012, 05:23   #7284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom_83
Guys, FYI...

My 1.5 yr old Figo's engine stalled mid-run yesterday. I was going downhill at around 20-30 kmph and was trying to shift into 2nd for negotiating a sharp curve. The engine stalled just as I pressed the clutch pedal and simultaneously, the brake and power steering stopped functioning. It was scary; I almost ran into the concrete median at the curve. Anyway, the car has done 16k and its the first time I'm facing this issue. I took the car to Ford Service today morning and got the software upgrade done. They have assured me that the stalling issue will not repeat. Should I be worried?

M_83.
The first time it happens it is really scary.... Now since you have got the update, I think you can relax.
It's been a long time now since the update and I did not face the issue ever since.
Did not see anyone here mention a recurrence...
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2012, 12:09   #7285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom_83 View Post
...My 1.5 yr old Figo's engine stalled mid-run yesterday.... I took the car to Ford Service today morning and got the software upgrade done....
Quote:
...It's been a long time now since the update and I did not face the issue ever since....
Which batch of Figo's do you have? Hope this is fixed in the current lots?!
Old 29th September 2012, 12:55   #7286

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The VIN indicates my Figo is from the April 2011 batch; I bought it at the end of May 2011. I'm not sure about the newer batches, but from what I could understand, the software update is done only on cars that report a stalling issue. So, Figo's that do not show any such complaint (old or new) do not generally get an update.

M_83.
Old 29th September 2012, 13:39   #7287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
What is your tyre size? Are they stock size? Nice pics. White is a very good color on the Figo.
Not stock size.upsized to 185/65/R14 Bridgestone potenza.now even with 30psi on all 4 tyres there is no underbody scraping.
Old 29th September 2012, 14:49   #7288
BHPian

Quote:
The criterion for the change of RTB is if your car was manufactured in 2010 (yours is a 2010 figo)

Surprised to see that you used Mobill 1 when normally Fords service use semi synthetic. Does this mean you are going to visit the SA only when it is 65000kms ? I ask this because I think there is a fuel filter replacement at 60000kms.
Could not feel any difference in using a synthetic oil vis a vis a semi synthetic. Did you ?

I had gone in for the ECU PCM update at 25000kms and i have not been able to stall the engine since (at 55000kms now). Please can you mention the conditions for reproducing the engine stall that you experienced.
Filter replacement is there at 60000kms.i have to get the periodic service done except engine oil change.Sticking with the synthetic oil is expensive.I felt the engine is much smoother with synthetic than semi synthetic.semi synthetic becomes much thicker than synthetic for a period of say 10000km,because my figo was running on semi synthetic till 35000kms,thereafter i shifted to mobil1.one more thing what i felt is oil consumption is more with semi synthetic than synthetic if you are doing triple digit speeds frequently.I think in the long run some benefits should be there.by the way these are all my findings and whether to use synthetic or not differs from person to person.
regarding the software update,pvs ford took 2 days to do the update.i dont know what they did with that?before update stalling issue was there once in a while.after update i faced 3 times within a period of 15 days.most of the times it was during start of a journey that too early in the morning during a downshift from 5th to 4th as soon as i press the clutch and the engine stalls with cluster lights on.now i am planning to take to kairali ford,trichur to find a solution.from where u get the update done?kairali or malayalam ford?
Old 29th September 2012, 17:39   #7289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Yes this is fixed in the current figos... The issue was with the earlier figos (2010 models) and the fix came in a year ago around this time. This was a much discussed topic that time.
Old 30th September 2012, 02:36   #7290
BHPian

Did Delhi--Pune last week, cant believe its over !! I got quite decent avg of 19 with AC and 185/70 tyres, doing 110-120. Other stats in the pic ...let me know if any queries....thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image3204564459.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks