Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 14:24   #8611
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Looks like my figo is special as its still running with stock mudflaps for over an year with 21K on ODO.

Need a help. After my 20K service, i feel that the suspension is behaving differently. Instructed the ASS not to do wheel balancing or alignment as i got it done already outside. Even small irregularities on road are felt more inside the cabin now with a thump and minor rattles in dashboard. Did a fast drive on many pot holes with full load during a long distance trip just a day before the 20K service. Not sure if that is the reason. Should i go for a wheel alignment and balancing check in a tyre shop or should i take the car to ASS? Car is still under warranty.
Old 11th October 2013, 14:48   #8612
Senior - BHPian

Check tire pressure, they must have pumped it during service.
Try 32psi and test.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 15:18   #8613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Check tire pressure, they must have pumped it during service.
Try 32psi and test.
Thanks. Did check the air twice. I normally run with 30 psi for all tyres. Issue still persists. I also feel that tyre noise and external noise creeps inside cabin more now after the service.
Old 11th October 2013, 15:30   #8614
Senior - BHPian

What is the tyre pressure you guys maintain in your Figo?

I keep 32 in city and 34-35 in highway with full load. Anything less then 33 on highway and I found my car to be struggling while making quick over take moves. With 35 it's fine.
Old 11th October 2013, 15:42   #8615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Thanks. Did check the air twice. I normally run with 30 psi for all tyres. Issue still persists. I also feel that tyre noise and external noise creeps inside cabin more now after the service.
Did you check air pressure twice from the same place ?

If yes, then try another place. The local tire walla's gauges are not consistent and reliable.

I have had a similar experience in the past.
Old 11th October 2013, 15:44   #8616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Looks like my figo is special as its still running with stock mudflaps for over an year with 21K on ODO.

Need a help. After my 20K service, i feel that the suspension is behaving differently. Instructed the ASS not to do wheel balancing or alignment as i got it done already outside. Even small irregularities on road are felt more inside the cabin now with a thump and minor rattles in dashboard.
Even mine running on the OEM mudflap with 20k kms and 1.5 yrs of ownership.
Between, If the thud is audible even on small undulation and if you can repro easily, better go to ASC and check for any issue with the suspension.
Old 11th October 2013, 18:14   #8617
BHPian

@Petrol figo owners.
What Rpm and corresponding vehicle speed do you'll maintain in each gear to extract max fuel efficiency?
Mine is a base version with no tachometer, so i would appreciate if anyone can share their data.The car manual recommends engine RPM for each gear to be maintained at 2250rpm for max fuel efficiency,should i continue to follow this?.Also what tyre pressure should i maintain ? Mostly 2 or 3 people travel in the figo when used.

My figo gave about 11.5kmpl with 30% Ac usage during the last tank fill so before i give the car to the service center for a thorough checkup,which will involve removing of the fuel tank as well to due to DTE calculation issues, i would like to do my own mileage test to see if the last tank fill was not a one off incident.

Thanks

Andre.
Old 11th October 2013, 18:36   #8618
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who has replaced the wheel bearing recently knows how much they cost and how long they normally last?
One of the rear wheel bearings has to be replaced on my car run 28k kms. The reason as usual that they gave was bigger tires (185/65 14) and alloys which I didnt buy since all four should have failed by now.
And the quote altogether was 3.5k.
So much for Fords low priced parts on Figo.

Regards
Old 11th October 2013, 18:55   #8619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Anyone who has replaced the wheel bearing recently knows how much they cost and how long they normally last?
One of the rear wheel bearings has to be replaced on my car run 28k kms. The reason as usual that they gave was bigger tires (185/65 14) and alloys which I didnt buy since all four should have failed by now.
And the quote altogether was 3.5k.
So much for Fords low priced parts on Figo.
Regards
Do you have any complaints with you car that they are trying to rectify ? If not then I don't think the bearings will be damaged because of the 185tires. Skyline gtr , a Bhpian, also runs his figo on 185s and I am sure has done more than 60k without a change in bearings.

Last edited by figo_mba : 11th October 2013 at 19:12.
Old 11th October 2013, 19:34   #8620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Do you have any complaints with you car that they are trying to rectify ? If not then I don't think the bearings will be damaged because of the 185tires. Skyline gtr , a Bhpian, also runs his figo on 185s and I am sure has done more than 60k without a change in bearings.
The complaint was a humming noise from the rear left wheel around 40kmh which they did not look into during the third service.
During the feedback call I had complained about this as well and was advised to take the car back to the service center.
Sad to say the SA did not know a thing about cars , forget bearings.

My guess is bearing or brake drums since there is a grinding noise during hard braking as well which can be from the rear wheels as well.
I spoke to a mechanic there and he said bearings can last from 30K to a lakh kms as well.
I have left it as of now , but the humming noise is still heard in slow speeds which is why I wanted to get it checked.
Guess I have to take a second opinion since the car was lifted and the rear wheel rotated and they concluded the bearing has to be changed. I am not sure if they concluded that because I said so that the sound was from that wheel.
Old 11th October 2013, 20:02   #8621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The complaint was a humming noise from the rear left wheel around 40kmh which they did not look into during the third service.
During the feedback call I had complained about this as well and was advised to take the car back to the service center.
Sad to say the SA did not know a thing about cars , forget bearings.

My guess is bearing or brake drums since there is a grinding noise during hard braking as well which can be from the rear wheels as well.
I spoke to a mechanic there and he said bearings can last from 30K to a lakh kms as well.
How are your tires looking ? What is the normal tire pressure ? Which brand of tires are you using ?
Sorry to ask a lot of questions but it could be any of these too.

How is the handbrake holding up ? Is it effective? It could also be that the hand brake is not fully released in the full down position.
Old 11th October 2013, 20:03   #8622
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My vehicle has done 31k and still running with stock mudflaps. My car came with Good Year GT3 and the tyre noise is very high. I keep 32 psi in all tyres. Have also tried by keeping 32 - front and 34 - back, but still the same result.
Yesterday the MIL (malfunction indicator) is glowing even after the engine start. Planning to go to SC tomorrow.
Old 11th October 2013, 21:10   #8623
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the cost of replacement of the rear parcel tray? My nephew climbed onto it and broke it.
Also is retrofitting the delux floor console advisable? Does it become loose and cause noise?
Old 11th October 2013, 21:41   #8624
BHPian

Even after the ECU flash (I guess they didn't even flashed it as they were unable to do for 2 hours and when i was not present on the floor for 10 minutes, they told me that its done) the stalling issue is back. Now i don't have the time and energy to go back to the ASSC.
Old 11th October 2013, 21:53   #8625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
How are your tires looking ? What is the normal tire pressure ? Which brand of tires are you using ?
Sorry to ask a lot of questions but it could be any of these too.

How is the handbrake holding up ? Is it effective? It could also be that the hand brake is not fully released in the full down position.
No problem.
Tires are Conti EcoContacts which were changed in the first month. They are evenly worn and no excess wear either. They are always on 32psi.
Handbrake works fine ,but needs to be pulled hard to engage fully. In the first year, rear brakes used get jammed when parked for few days with hand brake engaged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks