Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2014, 23:53   #9346
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I am getting 'hissing noise' from the a/c for the last two weeks. Earlier, the hissing noise comes when the compressor starts and goes away in few seconds. However, now the hissing noise continue all the time when compressor is on.

This noise disappears if i run the fan alone and comes only when the compressor is on. During the compressor cut off, the noise goes and comes back again when compressor is on. I mostly run the fan in 1 speed. I tried running the fan in high speed for couple of minutes and also run heater for couple of minutes, but the hissing noise didn't go.

I have found couple of earlier posts mentioned about the hissing noise from a/c but couldn't find any solution. Please let me know if any DIY checks/solutions.
I tried all the DIY solutions and followed many things. Every parameter was the same and I was not able to find out the issue. Finally took it to the service station as part of the summer check up campaign.

The guys there did something, bu never told me exactly what they did. I was charged almost 350 rupee as Gas recovery and refill. The service guy didn`t disclose much details - May be a silent field service action!
Old 30th May 2014, 09:39   #9347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I had this hissing sound when i turn on the AC in my Figo. It used to come in short intervals and would always be there when the compressor is running. I checked with Cauvery Ford and they replaced the compressor under warranty. It's been an year and the noise is not there anymore. Ask the service centre people to check your car once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
I tried all the DIY solutions and followed many things. Every parameter was the same and I was not able to find out the issue. Finally took it to the service station as part of the summer check up campaign.

The guys there did something, bu never told me exactly what they did. I was charged almost 350 rupee as Gas recovery and refill. The service guy didn`t disclose much details - May be a silent field service action!
Thanks folks, I am planning to take the car to service station next week and will update.
Old 30th May 2014, 12:36   #9348
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting 'hissing noise' from the a/c for the last two weeks. Earlier, the hissing noise comes when the compressor starts and goes away in few seconds. However, now the hissing noise continue all the time when compressor is on.
This could be due to leak in the condenser coils. May need replacement
raju2512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 13:54   #9349
Senior - BHPian

Figo owners with the tdci engine, here's a reassuring fact: a first owner selling an Ikon tdci with 1,80,000 km mileage.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ord/Ikon.html/
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ikon.jpg  

ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 19:00   #9350
BHPian

Hi Guys, Does anybody have any idea if the ABS light would be on with 6 beeps once i crank the engine if the battery gets old ?

I have been having this for the past 5 days, once i turn on the ignition all the lights turn on then turns off as usual. But once i crank the engine, the ABS light turns on along with 6 beep sounds then turns off. This happened everyday morning, then for the past 2 days, i have been having this issue when the car is not used for more than 7-10 hours.

Took to the Chennai Ford Service Center, they checked the battery and the health report had 6 bars out of 10. They said the battery is going down since its been more than 3 years, which is causing the issue. They did not advise me to change the battery as of now and that it can be changed if the cranking starts having issues.

Thanks
Ram
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:57   #9351
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My 4 year warranty peiod was over. Only 36k Kms done. Had a final service checkup.

1. Both link rods were replaced (no warranty).
2. One of my horn did not work and replaced under warranty.

Got used to C-Pillar and Dash board noises.
Battery is in good condition.
Good year GT3 will run another 5- 10 k. The tyre noise is horrible.
Mileage dropped suddenly to 16.5 kmpl during my last long drive.

Want to upgrade my present Philips Xtreme 60/55 to 100/90.
Planning to go for alloys + Michellin XM2 after hitting 40k. Any suggestions please?
Old 3rd June 2014, 10:44   #9352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post

Yesterday i went to the service station on my way back to home to check the a/c hissing noise problem. Service technician asked to drop the car today morning as they need to check for any gas leak. Since the work involves dismantling the dash, they need one full day. Looks like a common/known issue in Figo. Today morning i dropped the car in the service station. Will keep posted once i get the car back with details.
Old 3rd June 2014, 11:06   #9353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday i went to the service station on my way back to home to check the a/c hissing noise problem. Service technician asked to drop the car today morning as they need to check for any gas leak. Since the work involves dismantling the dash, they need one full day. Looks like a common/known issue in Figo. Today morning i dropped the car in the service station. Will keep posted once i get the car back with details.

Our car has the same hissing sound from the AC vents, this happens for a good 40-60 seconds when you switch on the AC.

I learned to live with it. Its been over a year now.

I reported the issue during my 3rd year of ownership to the A.S.S. Nothing was done. During my last service they wanted they wanted to dismantle the dashboard to check it. I said not required.
Old 3rd June 2014, 11:18   #9354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Our car has the same hissing sound from the AC vents, this happens for a good 40-60 seconds when you switch on the AC.

I learned to live with it. Its been over a year now.

I reported the issue during my 3rd year of ownership to the A.S.S. Nothing was done. During my last service they wanted they wanted to dismantle the dashboard to check it. I said not required.
Earlier (for a long period) the hissing noise is there for me when i start the a/c (whenever compressor starts), and will disappear in 5 seconds. But now the hissing noise is continuously there. Dismantling Dash is scary thing, especially considering what additional squeak sounds it may start (My car is relatively squeak free from the Dash for the past one year). Fingers crossed....
Old 3rd June 2014, 11:34   #9355
BHPian

Quote:
Earlier (for a long period) the hissing noise is there for me when i start the a/c (whenever compressor starts), and will disappear in 5 seconds. But now the hissing noise is continuously there. Dismantling Dash is scary thing, especially considering what additional squeak sounds it may start (My car is relatively squeak free from the Dash for the past one year). Fingers crossed....
Deva, I was speaking with my trusted SA from Cauvery Ford yesterday and asked him about this hissing sound.

He recognised the problem immediately and said it is because of an issue with A/C Evaporator. If your car is under warranty, then it can be replaced free of cost, else it will cost you around 9k plus taxes. He didn't mention anything about opening the dashboard. You can ask your SA to check the evaporator first.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:39   #9356
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Earlier (for a long period) the hissing noise is there for me when i start the a/c (whenever compressor starts), and will disappear in 5 seconds. Fingers crossed....
Quote:
He recognised the problem immediately and said it is because of an issue with A/C Evaporator.
An year back, I had this hissing noise continously, but the AC performance was normal. The hissing noise stopped after few months, but the performance became bad and my evaporator was replaced under warranty.
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:44   #9357
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Earlier (for a long period) the hissing noise is there for me when i start the a/c (whenever compressor starts), and will disappear in 5 seconds. Fingers crossed....
Quote:
He recognised the problem immediately and said it is because of an issue with A/C Evaporator.
An year back, I had this hissing noise continously, but the AC performance was normal. The hissing noise stopped after few months, but the performance became bad and my evaporator was replaced under warranty.

MODS: Please delete this duplicate post.

Last edited by RGK : 3rd June 2014 at 15:47.
RGK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:39   #9358
BHPian

Quote:
Deva, I was speaking with my trusted SA from Cauvery Ford yesterday and asked him about this hissing sound.

He recognised the problem immediately and said it is because of an issue with A/C Evaporator. If your car is under warranty, then it can be replaced free of cost, else it will cost you around 9k plus taxes. He didn't mention anything about opening the dashboard. You can ask your SA to check the evaporator first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
You are correct. Just spoke with the SA, it is the evaporator coil which is getting replaced now. It is covered under warranty.
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:25   #9359
Senior - BHPian

Ford has the worst AC systems. We have had Ford Fusion, Old Fiesta, Figo, New Fiesta and Ecosport. All diesel models.
Fusion AC repairs cost over 1.2 Lakhs. Now sold.
Old Fiesta AC repairs cost 1 Lakh
Now my Figo has started giving problems - 70K service cost INR 21K. Large part of it was AC repairs.
New Fiesta and Ecosport have not yet started giving problems but AC will surely fail.
Try local AC repair guys after warranty to keep costs down. Helped in Old Fiesta
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:26   #9360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Ford has the worst AC systems. We have had Ford Fusion, Old Fiesta, Figo, New Fiesta and Ecosport. All diesel models.
Fusion AC repairs cost over 1.2 Lakhs. Now sold.
Old Fiesta AC repairs cost 1 Lakh
Now my Figo has started giving problems - 70K service cost INR 21K. Large part of it was AC repairs.
New Fiesta and Ecosport have not yet started giving problems but AC will surely fail.
Try local AC repair guys after warranty to keep costs down. Helped in Old Fiesta
Are those one time costs that you've mentioned? Or cumulative over the life?

Most Viewed