Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:16   #10081
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
None of the buttons in remote are working. So i think either the remote or the sensor unit in the car has gone kaput. No idea how much it ll affect me financially. 50k service is due shortly
I was about suggest the battery as I had a similar issue with my ford (not figo though).
But, I re-read your post and see that you have already tried that.
Given that the issue is only with the boot, it might be a faulty sensor in the car.

Last edited by Mr M R K : 23rd July 2015 at 22:22. Reason: Updated the response based on the previous post
Old 24th July 2015, 11:38   #10082
BHPian

Hi All, I am planning to put Mobil 1 ESP 5W30(Fully Synthetic) in my Figo 1.4 D TDCI Titanium. Have any of you tried putting synthetic oil before?

If yes what was the difference you experienced?
Old 26th July 2015, 22:04   #10083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveear View Post
Hi All, I am planning to put Mobil 1 ESP 5W30(Fully Synthetic) in my Figo 1.4 D TDCI Titanium. Have any of you tried putting synthetic oil before?

If yes what was the difference you experienced?
I have done that on my Figo. Didn't use Mobil though. I used Shell Helix fully synthetic 10W40 as they didn't have 5W30.

It costed me around 5200 INR.

Yes it works well, clatter reduced, engine and overall NVH went silent than before. But I observed cold start noise went up.

Overall I would say it's not worth the money. No breakthrough results. Hence switched back to Ford's semi-synthetic after that.
Old 27th July 2015, 13:01   #10084
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
None of the buttons in remote are working. So i think either the remote or the sensor unit in the car has gone kaput. No idea how much it ll affect me financially. 50k service is due shortly
Looks to me the life of remote Transponder unit is over! Since your car locks are okay, you may need to replace the remote alone which you can order at your FASS. They should be able to procure one using the VIN of your Car from Ford India. I remember the price to be in 2.3K + Taxes range some 10months back here in Chennai, when I was planning to have a remote spare key.
Old 27th July 2015, 14:57   #10085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
Looks to me the life of remote Transponder unit is over! Since your car locks are okay, you may need to replace the remote alone which you can order at your FASS. They should be able to procure one using the VIN of your Car from Ford India. I remember the price to be in 2.3K + Taxes range some 10months back here in Chennai, when I was planning to have a remote spare key.

Thanks amarkarthi. Figo's 50k service is due in a couple of weeks. I ll get this checked with FASS and order a new remote from them.
Old 5th August 2015, 12:14   #10086
BHPian

80k service done last week. Cost me Rs 5592.

There was a noise in one of the suspension, which was diagnosed as link rod bush wear out and was replaced. Both link rods were replaced only last July. Exactly in one year it has gone kaput. The SA says rough roads make it wear faster. But the roads that I ride in my town are all fairly sorted.Ford part quality is suspect.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 5th August 2015 at 12:18.
Old 5th August 2015, 12:45   #10087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
80k service done last week. Cost me Rs 5592.

There was a noise in one of the suspension, which was diagnosed as link rod bush wear out and was replaced. Both link rods were replaced only last July. Exactly in one year it has gone kaput. The SA says rough roads make it wear faster. But the roads that I ride in my town are all fairly sorted.Ford part quality is suspect.
At 26000 kms on the ODO and I am already on my 3rd set of FL Link Rod. Thankfully, both time ( at 7500kms & 24000kms) they were replaced under warranty and thankfully the part costs only around 1k and carries a 6 month/10k kms warranty. I think I can live with it.
Old 6th August 2015, 09:32   #10088
BHPian

The tailgate hydraulic struts of my 2011 Figo TDCi are shot. They are not able to hold up the tailgate any more. The Ford service center in Pune quoted Rs 4.5K for a pair (though the part wasn't available when I asked last week).

Should these hydraulic struts cost so much? Does anyone over here have had to change them so early? I checked for alternatives online; I found this and this. Any experience with these? I also found options from sgs-engineering, but I'll have to order based on the required size and force rating since Figo isn't available internationally.

Please help.
Old 6th August 2015, 18:48   #10089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
The tailgate hydraulic struts of my 2011 Figo TDCi are shot. They are not able to hold up the tailgate any more. The Ford service center in Pune quoted Rs 4.5K for a pair (though the part wasn't available when I asked last week).

Should these hydraulic struts cost so much? Does anyone over here have had to change them so early? I checked for alternatives online; I found this and this. Any experience with these? I also found options from sgs-engineering, but I'll have to order based on the required size and force rating since Figo isn't available internationally.

Please help.
That's quite steep for just the struts. Are you sure Ford didn't include their atrocious labor and tax over tax ?

For comparison a MGA strut for a Swift costs around 1.5k.

Do check with other Ford service centers to see if they are the same. I would go for the good quality aftermarket ones.

The reason for failure I feel is the lack of using the rear hatch.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 10:06   #10090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Do check with other Ford service centers to see if they are the same. I would go for the good quality aftermarket ones.

The reason for failure I feel is the lack of using the rear hatch.
Let me check with other Ford service centers too. I did check with a couple of FNGs. None of them had them in stock and informed that they need to be ordered from Ford service center.

Ironically, the rear hatch on my Figo gets used almost everyday for security checks during entry to office premises. I guess in my case, it is pure bad luck!
Old 7th August 2015, 18:43   #10091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post

Should these hydraulic struts cost so much? Does anyone over here have had to change them so early?

Please help.
I bought those struts from a local parts shop for Rs.400/- per piece. 4k for replacement is daylight robbery. Even the front shock absorber damper costs less than that- around Rs.1800/- per side(monroe make).
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 17:06   #10092
Distinguished - BHPian

The current-gen Ford Figo production has been stopped, as per a report by Carwale.

Dealers have limited stocks available with them right now, and Ford India is expected to roll out the new Figo hatchback during the festive season ahead.

Quote:
Our dealer sources have revealed that the company has stopped sending stocks of the hatchback to them. However, the car is still listed on Ford’s website.

An examination of Ford’s sales numbers reveals a steady drop in the hatchback’s numbers. In July only 463 units were sold indicating a halt in production.

It will be replaced by two models: the Figo Aspire compact sedan and later in the year, the Figo hatchback. While the Figo Aspire will be launched on August 12 this development indicates that the launch of the Figo hatchback is also not that far away.
Carwale
Old 10th August 2015, 12:48   #10093
BHPian

I am experiencing a lot of vibration in the steering wheel while braking at speeds over 90kph. Earlier I suspected issue with alignment which was sorted in last service(3.8.15) and the issue was resolved for a while, however it has popped up again. What else could be the reason behind? worn out front brake pads/disc or anything else?
Old 10th August 2015, 18:35   #10094
BHPian

Quote:
I am experiencing a lot of vibration in the steering wheel while braking at speeds over 90kph. Earlier I suspected issue with alignment which was sorted in last service(3.8.15) and the issue was resolved for a while, however it has popped up again. What else could be the reason behind? worn out front brake pads/disc or anything else?
Steering vibration on braking is usually caused when you have warped rotors. Get the rotor and pads checked at the A.S.S. A worn out pad would give more of a grinding noise than a vibration. So rotor is the prime suspect here.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 18:45   #10095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This thread might help: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...need-help.html
KiloAlpha is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks