Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2017, 14:23   #10591
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Last couple of days, it is working normally again. I will replace the battery anyway, just as a precaution. Any idea how to open the key? There is a small indentation at the back, just above (or below) the ford logo. Is it that?

You mentioned Lathangi closed shop. I could see their Hosur Road service station is also closed for some time. Are they closing across Bangalore?
Just above the ford logo, there is a notch. scoop it forward and it will open. Maxwell battery is available for 40 bucks in any electrical shop.

Yes Lathangi has shut shop across Bangalore, no idea why and have no background on that.
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 14:32   #10592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Last evening it started in one go. Did a lot of idling and then took it for a spin as well. Today it cranked and then i did not push it much. The cartisan folks came and they will be jump starting it.
A quick update -

They jump started the battery, the car fired on first click
Servicing done at door step and what was done - Oil change, filter change, break pad and disk checked (was advised to change them soon), No service needed for the next one year now or 8000 kms.

I have to get the interiors dried and cleaned by 3M tomorrow...

All this for not waking at night when it rained
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 16:04   #10593
Mik
BHPian

Folks, for my 70k service I got experimental and went for one of the start-ups who are doing car servicing (will do a full review post completion and initial issues)
They have put Mobil Delvac 1 5W40 synth oil in the car. Initially, I panicked but it seems that many have used it in the Fiat 1.3 engines with great results and even in other high-end cars.
My question: Should I go ahead with it or ask the service guys to drain it and put some other (magnatec 5W30)
Old 16th August 2017, 16:41   #10594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post

Another issue discovered today was leaking fuel pipe. It was spraying diesel in the engine compartment. They quoted part price as 5,200. I feel this is exorbitant. Seems all the ads Ford showing on TV are false. Fords are expensive to maintain. He justified saying it is the whole assembly that needs to be replaced right from fuel tank all the way to engine.

For now I declined to replace it. I have put in an m-seal there and it looks like it is holding up. Let's see how long it lasts. Do you see any issue with m-seal? Any other way to plug the leak?
It is recommended to replace the Fuel Pipe as soon as possible.
I am not too sure about the longevity of M-Seal in a high temperature environment.

Lastly, leaking diesel can pose multiple hazards, like fire or short circuits. Why to take un-necessary risks for a Rs 5K part?
Old 18th August 2017, 22:45   #10595
BHPian

Got my 70K service done recently. Got the usual fluids changed. All the filters were also changed.This time I had also got the EGR cleaned which so far had not been done. Must say the car feels much more peppier & responsive now.The car has been holding up good so far, touchwood. Have been overall happy with the performance. Can't say the same about the FASS though. I get my car serviced through an FNG & have been happy with their services.

One issue I have been having however are the ABC pedal rubbers which are worn out & am unable to get them from any of the FASS. They don't seem to be having stock of these. Any suggestions or alternatives?
Old 19th August 2017, 00:06   #10596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
Got my 70K service done recently. Got the usual fluids changed. All the filters were also changed.This time I had also got the EGR cleaned which so far had not been done. Must say the car feels much more peppier & responsive now.The car has been holding up good so far, touchwood. Have been overall happy with the performance. Can't say the same about the FASS though. I get my car serviced through an FNG & have been happy with their services.

One issue I have been having however are the ABC pedal rubbers which are worn out & am unable to get them from any of the FASS. They don't seem to be having stock of these. Any suggestions or alternatives?
If you were in Hyderabad, I'd have given my Fiesta's to you. I have installed the metallic sports pedals long back in FASS, and the stock rubber is still with me.
Old 19th August 2017, 10:39   #10597
BHPian

Hey thanks vnabhi. The metallic sports pedals that you've installed are you happy with them? I mean can these be fixed on the Figo pedals also & if so do these have to be drilled onto the pedals?
Old 21st August 2017, 08:49   #10598
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for wheel alignment values for Ford Figo 1st generation – 2010 model. I tried looking for the information in various threads but could not locate anything.

I have recently been to Ranikhet from Delhi and somehow I feel that there is some issue with the alignment. The steering does not relocate to the centre itself and there is a slight delay too.

This being my very first post it feels so good that I am finally a member of the forum which I was following from last seven years now.
Old 21st August 2017, 09:02   #10599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1418 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for wheel alignment values for Ford Figo 1st generation – 2010 model. I tried looking for the information in various threads but could not locate anything.

I have recently been to Ranikhet from Delhi and somehow I feel that there is some issue with the alignment. The steering does not relocate to the centre itself and there is a slight delay too.
You could post in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75436 and I am quite sure that our tyre guru Nikhilb2008 will respond.

Have you tried asking in a Ford A.S.S.?
Old 21st August 2017, 09:15   #10600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
You could post in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75436 and I am quite sure that our tyre guru Nikhilb2008 will respond.

Have you tried asking in a Ford A.S.S.?
Yes, I have tried at two different Ford A.S.S and none of them were willing to provide or even they don't have it.

I am saying "even they don't have it" because I have checked with multiple alignment shops, they are either using the values for Ford Ikon or Ford Classic Fiesta.

It is surprising that alignment shops do not have these values although this model is in the market for more than seven years now.
Old 21st August 2017, 21:11   #10601
Senior - BHPian

I went to Bhavna ford for getting my 2012 Figo serviced. I asked specifically to change the gear cable bush but I was told that it is not present in some cars and mine is one of those. Is this even true and only some Figos have this bush while others don't?
Old 21st August 2017, 23:04   #10602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I went to Bhavna ford for getting my 2012 Figo serviced. I asked specifically to change the gear cable bush but I was told that it is not present in some cars and mine is one of those. Is this even true and only some Figos have this bush while others don't?
Bluffed. If you want to check it yourself, go underneath the front axle and open the black coloured box.
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:17   #10603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Mine is 2010 model and it has the gear cable bush. Though it is due for a change as well.

Ford A.S.S has always been a pain , I wish if they could improve their after sale service.
Old 22nd August 2017, 16:05   #10604
BHPian

My Figo TDCi's (2010) coolant reservoir got replaced because of fine cracks through which fluid leaked when parked on an incline. The O.E part cost was Rs 1630; the total came to Rs 2600.

The pressure cap was changed at 80k service as per the manual and the odo now stands at 123k kms.

Last edited by theMAG : 22nd August 2017 at 19:47. Reason: Grammatics/punctuation improved in the best interests of readability.
Esu Junior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 23:37   #10605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
Hey thanks vnabhi. The metallic sports pedals that you've installed are you happy with them? I mean can these be fixed on the Figo pedals also & if so do these have to be drilled onto the pedals?
On my Fiesta, I paid for the sports pedals at Ford ASS and therefore have the stock rubber parts with me. On the Figo, I insisted on those prior to delivery as they were offering freebies.

I am not sure how they were installed by Mody Ford.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks