Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2019, 13:52   #10831
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
How much they charged for replacing link rod and front suspension?
Front suspensions cost - Around Rs. 3500 for a pair
Link rods cost - Around Rs. 2300 for a pair
Labor - Rs 1450
RishikeshK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 12:19   #10832
BHPian

Has anyone got the coolant, brake oil changed out of FASS? My car is nearing 1L on odo. I want to get the coolant replaced as well as brake oil changed. Last time when I checked the Super Dot 4 brake oil was unavailable in auto stores.

Also, the owners manual mentions to change the coolant cap at 80K. I did not do it then. Which cap is this? I don't see a radiator cap. There is only one cap for coolant container. Does that need to be replaced?
Old 18th February 2019, 11:06   #10833
BHPian

Hello! I'd like some advice on timing belt replacement. My Nov 2012 Figo TDCI has completed 75K kms. During my recent 80K service, they suggested that I get my timing belt replaced. I'd like some advice on when to get it done.
Old 18th February 2019, 15:33   #10834
BHPian

Guys, Need advice. My TDCI is now @ 85k on ODO and I started sensing injector related issues poping up now n then. Clattering much on morning/short trips and at times missing happens at idle. But once the engine warms up the mentioned issues are not there.
Also facing occasional (rare) jerk at high speed, but this i've been observing from long back. My car also comes from the notorious 2012 pre-face lift batch.

This makes me little nervous now, If at all, the injector conk off, is it good to spend that much on it to replace? i think suspension also might require an overhaul. So im expecting a whooping ~40-50k bill for my next service.

Is it advisable to continue with this or to sell this car?

Just had a small market study, I didnt liked any cars in south of 10-12L range. (One or other thing to compromise here.) Spoiled by this Figo and not in a mood to spend 15L on cars.

Now in a dilemma. Spending say 50K on the Figo and keep it, this is what heart+head says, but worried about the longevity post this.
Old 18th February 2019, 15:52   #10835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now in a dilemma. Spending say 50K on the Figo and keep it, this is what heart+head says, but worried about the longevity post this.
10k for the injector clean up for all 4 injectors incase none have failed yet. Go to Hema Diesels (google them). Ford will remove the injectors and give it to you. Dont even engage the Ford guys in a discussion, just order them to remove the injectors in your presense and give it to you in a bag and wrapped well.

Suspension - change everything from Link rods to the shock absorbers. Ride becomes like brand new.

You can rock on for another 80k kms. If in Blr, go to PPS ford and meet Saravana who is the Service head in Indiranagar.

Resale values are abysmal irrespective of how well you have maintained the car. Unless you absolutely NEED to get another car, it is not required.

Last edited by Red Liner : 18th February 2019 at 15:53.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 16:15   #10836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
10k for the injector clean up for all 4 injectors incase none have failed yet. Go to Hema Diesels (google them). Ford will remove the injectors and give it to you. Dont even engage the Ford guys in a discussion, just order them to remove the injectors in your presense and give it to you in a bag and wrapped well.

Suspension - change everything from Link rods to the shock absorbers. Ride becomes like brand new.

You can rock on for another 80k kms. If in Blr, go to PPS ford and meet Saravana who is the Service head in Indiranagar.
I saw you have also gone through this ordeal due to adulterated diesel recently. So PPS Ford Domlur right? In HAL road?

How do we know whether the injectors required cleaning or it got failed and required replacement?

So how much time did Hema Diesel takes to do this cleaning? https://goo.gl/maps/Q9ZkqonnECy This is it right? I may do this over this or next weekend.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Im not at all ready to part away with this car. Recently changed Tyres and Battery as a precautionary measures. Now ended up with Injector thing :-(. FYI, im not aware of this Injector related issue until recently. I started browsing and found this based on the issues I faced.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 18th February 2019 at 16:21.
Old 18th February 2019, 16:22   #10837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I saw you have also gone through this ordeal due to adulterated diesel recently. So PPS Ford Domlur right? In HAL road?

So how much time did Hema Diesel takes to do this cleaning? https://goo.gl/maps/Q9ZkqonnECy This is it right? I may do this over this or next weekend.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
1. Yes PPS Ford in Domlur. You can also speak to an SA there called Harish. Pay them for the labour of removing and refitting the injectors, you should be fine.

2. Hema Diesels in yeshwanthpur, that is correct.

3. Hema diesels will take about 2-3 days Max. They are usually very fast, if lucky you might get all 4 the next day itself. In this time period, get your suspension components attended to at PPS ford.

Need any help in talking to the guys in PPS when you are there with the vehicle, let me know - I can put in a word over the phone if required (won't be necessary if you are cool, calm and assertive).

Last edited by Red Liner : 18th February 2019 at 16:23.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 17:06   #10838
BHPian

Quote:
Resale values are abysmal irrespective of how well you have maintained the car. Unless you absolutely NEED to get another car, it is not required.
I beg to differ here. Even I was of opinion, Figo TDCi won't fetch much in resale. However, my recent experience says otherwise.

Just out of curiosity, I valued my car at myCar. Mine is 2012 face lifted Titanium TDCi model, have covered 85000 kms.
I was offered 1.8L. Obviously, I didn't bother to proceed. Posted on olx. After almost 2 months got an offer 2.8L and then 3L

I think this is a good value for 6+ yrs old, 85k kms run car. My purchase price was 7.15L.
I haven't sold her!

Last edited by StepUP! : 18th February 2019 at 17:08.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 17:34   #10839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post

Just out of curiosity, I valued my car at myCar. Mine is 2012 face lifted Titanium TDCi model, have covered 85000 kms.
I was offered 1.8L. Obviously, I didn't bother to proceed. Posted on olx. After almost 2 months got an offer 2.8L and then 3L

I think this is a good value for 6+ yrs old, 85k kms run car. My purchase price was 7.15L.
I haven't sold her!
I am not sure if you'd have actually received that much since it was just a quote given from pictures.

I too was thinking of changing the car seriously last year. Went to enquire about exchange and the quotes received were from 1.5l to 1.7l. Listed on Olx and got quotes from 1l to 2.1l. My car had similar running like yours but one extra year of use.
Old 19th February 2019, 11:53   #10840
BHPian

Quote:
Clattering much on morning/short trips and at times missing happens at idle. But once the engine warms up the mentioned issues are not there.
I'm getting similar miss/jerk at cold start as shown here

And strangely i see almost all people who commented in the video said they are facing the same issue.

So this also needs to be added as one more KNOWN ISSUE to Figo, like
#1. Premature wearing of Brake caliper and Wheel bearing.
#2. Rusting on door due to faulty rubber beading.
#3. Engine stall while depressing clutch.
#4. Rear seat back rest squeaking due to faulty/misaligned locking mechanism.
#5. TDCI Injector failure ~70-90k on ODO.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 12:29   #10841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How do you get your car back from the service center once the injectors are removed. Yea not impossible but seems quite impractical. Any way do you know who do a similar injector cleaning treatment in Mumbai?

I am in the same dilemma as reslae prices are atrocious and nothing I have driven recently, drives like my Figo, so will do the suspension treatment and other necessary work on the car soon.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 12:46   #10842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will take a video of mine during cold start and report back as the injectors have been serviced and the car has done 5k kms hence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
How do you get your car back from the service center once the injectors are removed. Yea not impossible but seems quite impractical. Any way do you know who do a similar injector cleaning treatment in Mumbai?
1. You drive the car to the ASC (Not FNG!)
2. You ask them to remove the injectors and hand it to you. Car remains parked in ASC, maybe start other work as required.
3. Take injectors and give it to a guy who services it in your city
4. He will return it with a report claiming 100% success (if your car was running prior to the injector servicing, then 99.9% just needs a clean up job costing 2500/injector at the max).
5. Return to ASC and fit the injectors back
6. Pray to your gods and start the car
7. Drive out of the ASC like a bat out of hell.

Just search on TBHP on injector servicing for diesel cars. I remember reading some posts about folks in Mumbai/closeby etc who do a stellar job at this. And you will certainly find someone who does this - it is a very normal, regular, yet highly specialized job undertaken by these guys. Look up Bosch Injector Service shops online in Mumbai and start calling them.
Old 19th February 2019, 16:05   #10843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I beg to differ here. Even I was of opinion, Figo TDCi won't fetch much in resale. However, my recent experience says otherwise.

I haven't sold her!

Well, I would say I got a good resale value for my 2013 Figo TDCi Titanium. Bought at 6.90L and sold at 3.3L after 5 years and 70k km. The car was in immaculate condition though. Sold to a private buyer via olx.

Cars 24 had quoted 2.90L for the car.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 21:54   #10844
BHPian

Quote:

#5. TDCI Injector failure ~70-90k on ODO.
Looks like Fuel addictive (Injector cleaner) also helps many in this case. Guess Ford TDCI injectors are prone to Diesel quality and cannot able to with stand it on long run.

I was on an impression that Fuel addictive are not necessary, its more harm than good. but my recent search in internet says otherwise, so went ahead and ordered a bottle of Abro DI injector cleaner.

Going to try this first and see how it fares in my case and give an update here.
Old 21st February 2019, 07:54   #10845
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like Fuel addictive (Injector cleaner) also helps many in this case. Guess Ford TDCI injectors are prone to Diesel quality and cannot able to with stand it on long run.

I was on an impression that Fuel addictive are not necessary, its more harm than good. but my recent search in internet says otherwise, so went ahead and ordered a bottle of Abro DI injector cleaner.

Going to try this first and see how it fares in my case and give an update here.
In my opinion, injector cleaners has very little effect on the cleaning of injectors in Ford TDCI. Mine has run 70000 kms so far and injector problems of occasional jerks, low mileage were creeping up past 5000 kms. I checked with bhpian Red_liner and thought of going of repairs but since I got some discount on each injectors, I went ahead with the permanent solution of replacing all 4 as I don`t intend to sell it for another 4 years. So I would suggest to take a call depending on your circumstances. Injector repair is a cheaper option and which should be your defacto choice if you are planning to sell.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 21st February 2019 at 08:05.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks