Team-BHP - New AT in the Family - i10 Kappa Sportz Auto ( blushing red )
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   New AT in the Family - i10 Kappa Sportz Auto ( blushing red ) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74305-new-family-i10-kappa-sportz-auto-blushing-red.html)

We got the delivery of the sports auto on 21/01/2010.

Purchase was made from Jaybharat Hyundai Mumbai.
Requirements for purchase

1) Small Car - The other car in family is ANHC.
2) Easy to park in cramped city spaces
3) Automatic
4) Should be able to seat 4 properly.

There was no choice here besides the wagonr AT and i10 AT.3 Speed Wagonr AT is crappy . i20 AT is 8 Lacs plus.

so went ahead and purchased the i10.

Purchase process - The sales guy at jaybharat was good. My first choice was an Magna 1.2 AT . But because of discouts, was offered the sports version at 20 K higher.

Things that are addons in sports version as compared to Magna.

1) Integrated In Dash Audio / Mp3 / cd
2) Rear spoiler
3) Rear defogger
4) Silver colour on door opening handles

The audio system isnt the best available but isnt crappy either. Its ok for normal users. For people who want very good quality in their music then opt for the Magna and put your own ice.

I was very clear that i didnt want to cut the parcel tray to put speakers. Putting good circular component speakers raises the costs.

My oTR price = Rs 5.18 Lacs inclusive of the extended warranty.

Things that i managed from dealer

Rs 30K cash discount ( Purchased a Dec 2009 manufactured car)
Mud Flaps
Floor Mats
Garware Suncontrol film ( all except front )
Hyundai Remote lock and keyless entry

Was getting a Magna AT 2010 model @ Rs 4.99 lacs OTR from same dealer. ( 20K discount )

Jaybharat gave the best deal . In fact the car was originally booked with Hyundai motor plaza but the booking was cancelled as they tried to sell old models without immobilisers.

PDI at the dealers end was smooth. All things were as per checklist . Car read 110 KMS on the ODO . This is OK considering all cars in Mumbai are driven from warehouses in bhiwandi or vasai which are outside municipal limits ( 50 + kms )

Car was ready on the 4th working day after handing over the cheque to dealer. This is the quickest i have experienced so far. Delivery was also perfect . Car was kept absolutely clean at delivery time and all the addons dealer side were already completed .

Things that I love in the Car.

1) AT - Its a breeze to drive this car . Every time i get stuck in traffic i thank myself for being in the i10 rather than the City manual ( our other car)
2) Airconditioner is chilling
3) Interior quality is TOP NOTCH. I can say that the interior quality of my i10 impresses me more than the anhc i have purchased.Fabric used on seats is very good . THough most would put seat covers on it anyway.
4) Very smooth engine
5) Engine immobiliser feature .

Cons

1) Dikki is small . Just enough for weekend shopping or small trips around .
2) 3 People behind would be uncomfortable.

I will not say things like unstable on highway at high speeds etc because this is primarily a city car.

My observation with using the car in last 5 days is that this is the best car for crowded cities like mumbai. Easy to park ,AT . High speeds are not even seen in mumbai. Even on the WE highway returning from work i barely manage to touch 50-60 KMPH speed.
Doing East to West on Andheri is so much easier with an automatic.

City driving can be fun in this car.

Mileage - Do not expect this car to deliver great fuel efficiency. I think so far i seem to be getting only about 8 KMPH . Not done a tank to tank measurement so far . Will be able to give the exact figures in some days.

As long as this settles to something between 8-10 i am OK with that.

I have done following additions on the car

1) Art leather seat covers . Full black.
2) Front windshield icecool garware film.

Not planning on alloys or tyre upgrade since i feel they are sufficient for city rides for sedate driving.

Some initial pictures are attached.
WIll be adding some more with the seat covers are in place.

Congrats on your excellent purchase. I would have booked the i10 for my city drives but the gear console from the dash kept hitting my left knee. That might not be an issue for me if it was an automatic as there is no clutch.

I wish I was thinner and shorter :)

Anyway, is this a 3 speed auto? What is the standard warranty and did you buy any extended warranty?

Please post some pictures of the front dash taken from the back seat so that we can see the entire front of the car (dash and steering ) from the inside.

Please

This is a 4 speed automatic. Standard warranty is 2 years , Extended is for 1 more year. More pictures coming soon.

Congrats Manish !
Drive safe and update your thread with your experiences.
FE should increase gradually.