Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2012, 12:41   #31
BHPian

Re: VST motors, Chennai

I suggest to contact Mahindra customer care or some company representatives and check with them.
Usually Mahindras are robust and suspension change at 40k seems odd unless you do off roading .
What are they going to do for 16k ?
Old 15th September 2012, 09:55   #32
BHPian

Re: VST motors, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Clutch, brake pads, tires, batteries etc., which are prone to regular wear and tear are normally kept out of the purview of Extended warranty.

Since 40K on the ODO is way too less for a such a major overhaul, it is better to get a second opinion from another service station like India Garage or the like before you commit your money on that. Ask a senior technician to test drive the vehicle with you or your rep without making any reference to the VST visit.
I agree with the parts not being covered. I had a talk to the service advisor privately and he told me that the policy of VST motors is to replace the whole part if it is not required. He told me that the suspension and the clutch problems needs to be checked but in his opinion and the senior advisor agrees that it will not be required for another 6 months. Right now i have agreed for the routine service alone. Will update once it is done.
Old 15th September 2012, 10:03   #33
BHPian

Re: My first buy - Xylo E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
What is the Service interval for XYLO. Isn't 16k for regular service on a higher side ?

Does your travel include lots of broken roads ?
I have never done any offroading with my car. But occasionally i had to tackle quite bad roads and my car has done a lot of ghat sections with few really bad stretches. I dont think that would be the reason for such over haul. After regular service i will take it elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
This seems to be a case of genuine fleecing.

How can a 40K service add up to 16K rupees? It is way too high. Even a Ford or a Toyota does not charge this much, unless you have requested for 3M polishing, interior cleaning, etc.,

As suggested by other members, please take a second opinion. You could get in touch with Raghav from IgNite and show you car to him. He will give you a genuine feedback.
I felt 16k is quite high. The service advisor showed me the break up. I will post the break up sometime later. I feel the products are not overpriced (maybe 10 percent) but they are making a killing in the service charges. Each part of the service carries a seperate charge. Still i went ahead with the regular service for now. Can you pm me Raghavs id or contact information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Indeed they are fleecing you, Even 16k for a regular service in on higher side. Plus, 40k kms isn't too much for a clutch overhaul and i don't think, Xylo will need a suspension overhaul in just 40k kms.

I suggest you to runaway from them, Change your workshop. Don't get fleeced.

Cheers,
Sameer
After the regular service i am taking the vehicle to my friends garrage and if possible to ignite, will update in this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks