Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2010, 02:23   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey Vista...
Sorry For being a bit late!
My heartiest congratulations to you for your new Beast..The Xylo definately looks the best in white(rocky's as well), M&M had no introduced it earlier!!(God knows Why!!)
Keep munchin miles and do update regularly
Waiting eagerly for your dealer experiences....!!
Your being late on starting the Thread has been balanced by the number of pics posted

Regards
No worries at all Don. A special thank you to you for supporting me during my decision making days for the Xylo. Your inputs did help choose the right color, seater and the accessories. Well !! its not a perfect world a few things did go haywire for me. i'll talk about all those in detail in my complete reprort.
Old 30th January 2010, 02:31   #32
BHPian

!! Bringing the Beast Home !!

Okie soon after the delivery and the visit to the temple (in pics above) below are the pictures of getting the car home. Please take a look soon after this I'll begin my detailed report........
Attached Thumbnails
New Addition to the Xylo E8 Family !!-1.jpg  

New Addition to the Xylo E8 Family !!-2.jpg  

New Addition to the Xylo E8 Family !!-3.jpg  

New Addition to the Xylo E8 Family !!-4.jpg  

New Addition to the Xylo E8 Family !!-5.jpg  

Last edited by Vista : 30th January 2010 at 02:32.
Old 30th January 2010, 02:44   #33
BHPian

!! The Detailed Report !!

!! The Product Choice !!

It was someday in last year spetember that I actively started hunting for the best fit MUV to my taste. I was owing a Wagon-R VXI midnight black which I needed to dispose for the want of a MUV for better safety for my family and definately for the want of more space.

The search left me with 3 choices. Tata Safari, M&M Scorpio and M&M Xylo. Over the time since september and moving on I TD'd all three almost twice each to get an absolute feel. Trust me I was hell bent on going for the Safari and so was my family. However a closer look on the product in terms of the plastic quality and the cold sales attitude I turned my back to it. No offence but my direct observation about the Safari is a poor build quality. The space in each door is different the metal semi circular curvature above the tyre are not even. You dont get a feeling of a compactness and strength when you TD a fairly old Safari. But definately a winner in its class for the ride quality it offers.

So...moving on...the day came when I finally cancelled my plan for a scorpio too for the lack of middle row seating comfort and the dash board which seems like a wall. Xylo was then the product of my choice for definately the VFM, good seating height, a beauty of a dash board and being very roomy...
Old 30th January 2010, 02:52   #34
BHPian

!! Booking !!

It was close to year end of 2009 when M&M had an offer afloat of free insurance and free extra 2 year warranty. I didnt want to miss this offer. I was interested in an E6 black for it had the ski racks giving the beast a sporty look. But to luck it wasn't available with any of the dealers around. Plus the 2 Din audio system was discontinued on the E6.

The sales team with the G3 Motors I took the car from are possibly the best I have ever come across. The sales person gave me maximum listening and assisting me on the right spots where needed while making the decision. They pitched no version lesser than another before me but understood my needs well and suggested me an E8. After getting the finance availablity right I finally decided on E8 with White as my color of choice. The white color with beige and walnut brown interiors won the battle of choices in my mind. I finally booked the set of wheels on 22nd December 2009.
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:02   #35
BHPian

Hey nice Deals....
Didnt you get the ski rack fixed?
DO GET IT !!
It improves the look of the car and even improves the aerodyanamics!
Keep Updatin'!!
Regards
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey nice Deals....
Didnt you get the ski rack fixed?
DO GET IT !!
It improves the look of the car and even improves the aerodyanamics!
Keep Updatin'!!
Regards

Urrrrrmmm, how does the ski rack improve the aerodynamics?
Old 4th February 2010, 01:06   #37
BHPian

FYI
It improves the aerodynamics by streamlining the flow of the air ...so that the flow is more symmetric, undisturbed and hence decreasing the air resistance by 1-2 %
Correct me if i am wrong on the theory
Old 4th February 2010, 12:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

vista, congratulations on your Xylo.Yes when launched many didnt liked the overall looks for this car but then it gradually start growing on you and your likings,offers great space within.Enjoy your ride and keep updating.

Quote:
Hey just heard about the The fact that the beast is now also available with an mDi CRDe engine in the E2 variant and has an ex showroom of 6.3 lakhs , it returns mileage of 13 with 22kgm of torque and churning out 95 bhp
This engine has stats lower than the present mEagle ,but has reduced maintainence cost!
It may be launched for the Taxi market
ANy Insights!!

Regards
well that has already launched, with black bumpers and have seen few on airports these days.
Old 21st February 2010, 13:02   #39
BHPian

@ vista

Hey whats up with the beast..no updates
Old 24th February 2010, 17:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vista nice car you got there. Congratulations on your purchase and oh yeah, lovely pics.

Wish you a safe ride. Cheers!!!
Old 25th February 2010, 01:03   #41
BHPian

Congratulations on the Xylo.

Heard that the first row seat reclines to a full bed. Wondering if it is true.
Old 31st March 2010, 01:04   #42
BHPian

Yo. I am back...

!! Hello Friends !! I am back. I'm afraid due to very hectic schedule at work I was totally pinned down and couldn't get time to post back. The beast is doing well and I am yet to post the detailed and a very interesting delivery feedback. Its all drafted and would have it out in a day or 2 from now.

...and !! Yay !! I have munched 2K Kms.. (have been just driving on all sundays in the past 8 weeks).

...will post by 2K report soon.
Old 31st March 2010, 01:05   #43
BHPian

Quote:
@ vista

Hey whats up with the beast..no updates

Hiya don_carmaster, please accept my apologies. The work schedule in the past 8 weeks took my most free time. I shall be posting more pics soon.......
Old 31st March 2010, 01:09   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Congratulations on the Xylo.

Heard that the first row seat reclines to a full bed. Wondering if it is true.
Hello Sumannandy, thats correct. One's got to remove the head rests and fully recline the front captain and the middle row seats to have a full bed effect. It sure is very comfortable...

!! Waiting for a day when I get kicked out of my house for a night !! Will make use of the full bed feature in real..
Old 31st March 2010, 01:16   #45
BHPian

hey Vista even i have booked my xylo and getting the delivery on the 1st.. its daimond white E8 abs... i went for the inspection today..as it had just landed into delhi you can have a a look at my beast in the rocky's thread

Thank god you are back..

Are you experiencing any problems so far??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks