Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:46   #46
BHPian

its ok bro, but i think it is not effecting any handling. Here in chandigarh you can see almost all the cars with 100 PCD alloys.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:52   #47
BHPian

I am really enjoying the sound also, as i have fitted all the speakers in doors only and only the sub woofer in the boot, even though the sound is more than worth the amount i have spent.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:33   #48
BHPian

bhai,
can you show some pics of Punto with aftermarket alloys if you have some.I am dying to see it.You say there are many Puntos with alloys right?BTW was there any machining done on the wheel or was it a direct fit?
Old 4th February 2010, 08:07   #49
BHPian

it was a direct fit.. i wil show u punto next week when i will go home. there is one in my friends society only.
Old 4th February 2010, 20:30   #50
BHPian

Congrats! on buying a real beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brar.arsh View Post
its ok bro, but i think it is not effecting any handling. Here in chandigarh you can see almost all the cars with 100 PCD alloys.
After crossing Ambala, I see most cars with alloy wheels in CHD- LDH-JAL regions! who cares about PCD when most people are not even aware about it.
Old 4th February 2010, 21:05   #51
BHPian

thanks for that bhai,
so next week i ll be waiting for those punto pics from you.what inchers are they?15,16 or 17?like urs?
Old 5th February 2010, 11:30   #52
BHPian

ya you can fit 17" also in punto, but the one i will be posting is 15" i think.
Quote:
After crossing Ambala, I see most cars with alloy wheels in CHD- LDH-JAL regions! who cares about PCD when most people are not even aware about it.
So very true 22 ji, after all "Jithe jaan punjabi dhumaan paa hi dinde ne."
I am also working at Noida and if i get to see a car with alloys, its always registered in Punjab.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:46   #53
BHPian

got challaned for the first time and i wasnt wrong. i was moving at about 55-60 kmph in huge traffic, i dont from where an innova of cops came and started hooting.. they asked me to stop and at first said that you were overspeeding. i told them that i was moving between other cars so how can i overspeed. i said this means that everyone is overspeeding then. then another cop said ok so then you were driving dangerously. huh! i said whats the matter. they said its temp number plate, its not valid. i had the documents to support the validation too.. then they said ok then you were at 80kmph, and asked me to pay 2000. it was unfortunate that i had only 500 rupees notes and one 100 rupees. so they took 600 bribe and told me to drive safe.. its really disgusting on part of delhi petrol police. they loot people fearlessly.. so friends could you please suggest so that this is prevented in future..
Old 8th February 2010, 23:42   #54
BHPian

Quote:
got challaned for the first time and i wasnt wrong. i was moving at about 55-60 kmph in huge traffic, i dont from where an innova of cops came and started hooting.. they asked me to stop and at first said that you were overspeeding. i told them that i was moving between other cars so how can i overspeed. i said this means that everyone is overspeeding then. then another cop said ok so then you were driving dangerously. huh! i said whats the matter. they said its temp number plate, its not valid. i had the documents to support the validation too.. then they said ok then you were at 80kmph, and asked me to pay 2000. it was unfortunate that i had only 500 rupees notes and one 100 rupees. so they took 600 bribe and told me to drive safe.. its really disgusting on part of delhi petrol police. they loot people fearlessly.. so friends could you please suggest so that this is prevented in future..
Typically just the way Chd cops deal with DL regd. cars, I would say Chd/ Del cops are most corrupt.You can get away by paying Rs.200 to haryana cops on NH 1 ( for speeding beyond 90kmph) but not with Del/Chd cops.

When you are sure with yourself, just do not relent. Ask them to prove their claim of overspeeds. There are chances of mistake, even if they have radar guns.

Few months back, I was stopped by some cops in Qualis, while driving a PB regd. Santro. They charged me with multiple offences of talking on mobile while driving, tinted glasses & then for black strips on the head lights ( mandatory in Punjab). I just showed them call logs, asked them to measure the tint with a device( light/ visibilty factor should be > 70% for front & rear windscreens & >50% for sides) and explained the logic of strips & full beams. Finally, they left without taking a penny.

Last edited by breezydrive : 8th February 2010 at 23:45.
Old 9th February 2010, 08:56   #55
BHPian

thats good that you didnt paid anything, but in my case they were misbehaving and were directly asking for money.
Old 10th February 2010, 18:18   #56
BHPian

The alloys u got, are they set of 4 ?

Now that you have changed the PCD to 100 by removing the feather pins, would it possible to fit in the spare tyre (98PCD) in case of a puncture ?
Old 11th February 2010, 08:07   #57
BHPian

ya its possible, nothing to do with this as we have removed something but havent added anything.
Old 28th February 2010, 20:14   #58
BHPian

where are the punto with 100 pcd alloy pics??btw how is the ride with your alloys at very high speeds.any wobbles??
Old 28th February 2010, 21:00   #59
BHPian

Congrats brar.arsh. The new alloys have enhanced the looks of the car. I believe this is the first Linea with new design alloys on this forum. The other cars including mine have company fitted alloys. I gathered lot of information from your thread regarding fitting 17" alloys as I am also looking forward to it. But the question is what to do with the original 15" Fiat alloys??
Any great car and drive safe, paaji? Admiration is truly guaranteed and you would have noticed it by now, isnt it?
Old 1st March 2010, 17:34   #60
BHPian

Quote:

AND THIS ONE IS SPECIAL
""YEH MERA INDIA"" (YMI)
Attachment 275418

They can spit anywhere, no matter even its the alloy wheel of your brand new car!!
Kuton ko phir bhi maaf kar sakthe hein, insanhon ko kaise maaf kare!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks