Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 17:50   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

congrats on the car arsh. Where'd you got those alloys from in chandigarh?
A friend of mine was hunting for punto alloys recently and the 100PCD solution given by the stupid tyre dealer was that they'll just increase the hole size of the alloy a little to fit it on.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea modified pix/photo

Hope I am not hijacking the thread; hope this inspires the Linea fans.
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-fiatlineamontebianco102.jpg  

FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-fiatlineamontebianco104.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:37   #63
Senior - BHPian

IMO, Linea looks best untouched. The body kit spoils the beauty. Although, blacked out headlamps could be considered.

Last edited by theragingbull : 3rd March 2010 at 22:38.
Old 4th March 2010, 08:36   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

The first thing that comes to my mind after seeing the body kit is it wont make it through even the first speed breaker even though the skirts look good on the car.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:08   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brar.arsh View Post
it was a direct fit.. i wil show u punto next week when i will go home. there is one in my friends society only.
Hi brar.arsh, can you please tell me how much it cost you for the complete set of 17" alloys and the new tyres of your size. My brother is a Dr in CMC,Ludhiana (but his wife is from Chandigarh). So when he comes to Kerala next time, I can tell him to get one set for my Linea. Appreciate your help, pal.
Old 6th March 2010, 09:44   #66
BHPian

brar.arsh bhai,
i am going to follow your foot steps.i am selling my OE alloys and getting a Lenso samurai or plati wheel.But i will retain my 15 inch yokos and just change the alloys.what say?will post pics of the designs tonite.
Old 12th January 2011, 00:13   #67
BHPian

re: FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6

After 1 year, everything is good... Still enjoying..
Done 35000 km.. Time for new tires, will change at 40k..
Old 12th January 2011, 17:08   #68
BHPian

re: FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6

Hi,
I have gone through this thread.I am planning to but a fiat Linea Diesel.

How abt the mileage and the engine characteristics after 35000 kms.
Whether you are feeling anything need to be considered while buying the car.

Kindly give your suggestions (Pros and Cons now at 35000kms) of Linea.
Old 13th February 2011, 11:53   #69
BHPian

Pics looks so good. I love this modifications,

Friends please help in choosing right color for my car.
have decided on Fiat Linea T-Jet plus. But I am so much confused about which color to buy ? Color - my mind is oscillating. I like Bosso Nova white, but wife my doesn't like white.

Please let me know pros and cons of buying bosso nova white.

Regards,
Prasanna
--------------------
2009-2011 - Hyundai i10.
2004-2009 - Fiat Palio 1.2

Last edited by prkothan : 13th February 2011 at 11:55.
Old 13th February 2011, 23:12   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan View Post
Pics looks so good. I love this modifications,

Friends please help in choosing right color for my car.
have decided on Fiat Linea T-Jet plus. But I am so much confused about which color to buy ? Color - my mind is oscillating. I like Bosso Nova white, but wife my doesn't like white.

Please let me know pros and cons of buying bosso nova white.
Prasanna, white on Linea looks very elegant and posh. Maintenance will be an issue in a city like Chennai where dust and pollution makes it dirty. Daily proper cleaning would ensure neat looks. If you are game for this, goahead.

Colour is a personal choice and liking. Suggest visit the dealers yard where all colours would be on display.

I moved from Vocal white (my old Linea petrol) to Sunbeam Biege TJet+. I personally liked both the colours.

TJet has a new colour Bronzo Scuro introduced from last week. See the below link (post no. 565)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-38.html
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:46   #71
BHPian

Booked Fiat Linea TJET plus
Color: Bronzo scuro (my wife's choice).

Actually I wanted to get Bosso Nova white, but wife insisted on non-white/non-black color, I just gave up. Because all I wanted in Linea TJET+. color doesn't matter for me. Hope I will get my vehicle in a week.

Now I need suggestion for accessories.
1. Reverse parking sensors
2. Rear Spoilers - is it really good?
3. Sil plates.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Prasanna
Old 2nd April 2011, 09:30   #72
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, prkothan. Here are my answers to your queries:

1. Rear parking sensors are really good. Recently, my Linea had them [Autocop] fitted at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, costing Rs 3900. You can get them fitted at the dealership itself to ensure correct position at the rear bumper and avoid warranty-related issues in future.

2. Rear spoilers: It's a matter of personal choice. My Linea does't have them.

3. Go for the Fiat accessory T-Jet illuminated sill plates. My Linea has them, of course, non-illuminated and Linea-branded!

Old 3rd April 2011, 19:52   #73
BHPian

Hi there!
I've bought a LINEA MJD on 30/03/11.The car is a true gem. The corners are just bread and butter for this car. The refinement levels are awesome too! The MJD sound different from outside and inside of the car. Total my car completed 787kms and is showing a avg. mileage of 17 on the highways.The top speed reached is 170 at 4600 RPM. I hope the car gives better performance as it covers more distance.I've got parking sensors free fron the dealer and many more such as idol,mud flaps,mats,perfume,etc etc.Here are few pictures of my car in BOSSA NOVA WHITE. And yea, I'M PROUD TO BE A OWNER OF THIS CAR.
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-p3302831.jpg  

FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-p3302830.jpg  

FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-p3302832.jpg  

FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-p3302835.jpg  

FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-p3302841.jpg  

FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-p3302843.jpg  

FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-p4033056.jpg  

FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-p4033057.jpg  

FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6-p4033058.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2011, 23:56   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan View Post
Booked Fiat Linea TJET plus
Color: Bronzo scuro (my wife's choice).

Actually I wanted to get Bosso Nova white, but wife insisted on non-white/non-black color, I just gave up. Because all I wanted in Linea TJET+. color doesn't matter for me. Hope I will get my vehicle in a week.

Now I need suggestion for accessories.
1. Reverse parking sensors
2. Rear Spoilers - is it really good?
3. Sil plates.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Prasanna
Prasanna, congrats on your Jet ! Bronzo Scuro is an excellent colour.
Are you taking your Jet from Concorde Motors ?

1. Parking Sensors - Xenos is an excellent brand. They have a shop at Nandanam (HPCL Coco Outlet). You may meet Mr. Subramaniam who will do the needful. The sensors will be painted to match body colour for which he may charge you Rs. 300.

I fixed Autocop at Concorde. I had an offer and there were no accessories i could pick at Concorde. I got the sensors painted at Xenos (using my good contacts). Concorde will paint it but they charge a whopping Rs. 3500 (Yes; Rs. 3500).

2. Rear Spoilers - i really liked the spoilers for TJet but opted out for the fear of (a) rattling over a period of time (b) it is fixed using bolts drilled to the boot. Fear of rusting near the holes.

They cost you Rs. 3900 and another Rs. 5000 for the painting.

3. Sill plates - i got the illuminated TJet sill plates for Rs. 2490. They look classy. See my ownership report (link below) for the pictures.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...a-t-jet-4.html

(Please Note : guys, we are hijacking the ownership thread of Brar.arsh - sorry Brar.arsh)

Last edited by bnzjon : 4th April 2011 at 00:01.
Old 7th April 2011, 20:10   #75
BHPian

Hi all,

I decided to buy reverse parking camera instead of sensors. According to me - reverse parking sensor is just waste of money in chennai traffic conditions. Here the reasons

1. Sensors start detecting the obstacles -even if its 3meter away. So in my daily use - 99% of time , the sensor will start making noise as soon as I engage the reverse gear !.
2. Sensor gives maximum beep at 0.3 M (1 feet). Actually the margin I operate in Arcot Road while taking difficult -3 point U turn is 5 cm to 1/2 feet.
So parking sensors just don't give any benefit to me. So I ordered reverse camera which I felt much better than sensors.

Cost: 6K
Make: TATA OEM (Minda) which comes with TATA safari.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks