Team-BHP - Blazing Red Chevy Spark LT - My First Love
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Blazing Red Chevy Spark LT - My First Love (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74397-blazing-red-chevy-spark-lt-my-first-love.html)

Ossu !!
My first ownership report of Spark LT (21 days old)

I still remember the feeling when I drove my first 200 kms on our lovely M800 (which is no more as my folks had to sell it to accommodate new car).

October 2009, I decided to buy a new car, thought of going for a swift but my folks had decided to buy one for themselves so went ahead with spark.
Reason for choosing sparkTook test drive of Spark LT in October from both the dealers in pune(Pashankar AutoWheels – Baner, Talera Motors ,Shivajinagar). Immediately fell in love with Sparky after the test drive. Couldn’t finalize the deal with Pashankar Auto as I did not want the decision to be in a hurry.
In December 2009, Contacted Pashankar Auto Wheels (Pune-Satara Road), to my surprise the salesperson brought a brand new Spark(the new vehicle was issued for test drive and it was not a customer's vehicle) for TD the same day. I was impressed and went ahead with the booking(paid 5k), delivery being in January 2010.

I got the Following deal from them
OTR Price For Spark LT(without Option pack) – 3,80,000.
FreebiesThe Sales Person, Deepika was very helpful throughout the sales process.
On December 28th, She brought a New Blazing Red Spark for TD again as I was yet to choose the color. I was totally taken in by the colour/beige interior combo instantly and decided upon Blazing Red. On December 29th I made the full Payment by cheque.

On Jan 7th 2010, got a call from the another sales executive(as my sales executive was in Bombay for some training and this new guy was acting as her counterpart) that my car will be arriving by 6 PM and I can take the delivery after 6. I know I should have taken the delivery next day in broad daylight but the enthusiasm took over plus pashankar auto wheels have a good name in pune. So I reached their office at 6.30 pm, Car was parked outside their showroom. The Sales executive explained everything to me in detail. The accessory guy there told me that there was a small cut in Seat covers so they would order another set of seat covers and I could get it later along with my Registration number(which I did). Rest all the accessories promised were installed at that time only.
Then they had a small pooja ceremony and then handed off the keys to me after the paperwork.

And there was one happy me driving with a big smile on my face.

Here are few pics , I will be posting more soon

Blazing Red Chevy Spark LT - My First Love-img_3291.jpg

Blazing Red Chevy Spark LT - My First Love-img_3290.jpg

Blazing Red Chevy Spark LT - My First Love-img_3292.jpg
As of now I have completed 620 kms on the odo and thanks to the new integrated tachometer, I have managed to keep the RPMs below 2500

Note : I have posted the ICE Setup here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...park-iced.html

Quote:

almost everyone in my family n relations have a Maruti / Hyundai, so I needed a different brand
nice choice dude! congratulations. car looks very cute!
Are these new interiors in Spark? They look plush like i10 interiors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1703662)
nice choice dude! congratulations. car looks very cute!
Are these new interiors in Spark? They look plush like i10 interiors.

Yes those are the new beige interiors in the sparky, but I think they have been there since May/June (Not absolutely sure, but read somewhere that a june 09 model had beige interiors)

Very good VFM car. Whenever I see a spark I remember the Matiz, since Daewoo company was taken over by GM and took almost 5-6 years to come out with Spark based on Matiz design and theory

Congrats on the Spark. The interiors look really upmarket. Could you post more pics of the interiors? How much did the cost OTR, discounts/freebies?

Congartulation for the new car. Spark is a VFM car.

Glad to know one more bhpian from PUNE :)
Thanx for sharing the detail purchase report.

Some More Pics ,
Blazing Red Chevy Spark LT - My First Love-sparky1.jpg

Blazing Red Chevy Spark LT - My First Love-sparky-interior.jpg

Blazing Red Chevy Spark LT - My First Love-sparky_opened.jpg

Blazing Red Chevy Spark LT - My First Love-sparky_chevtoy.jpg

new integrated reverse Lamps
Blazing Red Chevy Spark LT - My First Love-back.jpg

clap:Thats surely a great buy and I guess its a first on Team BHP that a new car owner has shown off his new car ICE in the show off section before the actual car in the initial drives section. Congrats once again!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 1703731)
clap:Thats surely a great buy and I guess its a first on Team BHP that a new car owner has shown off his new car ICE in the show off section before the actual car in the initial drives section. Congrats once again!!

Thanks SPARKled I was a bit conscious about posting my experience in the initial drives section so started with the ICE section :)

Thanks mate for interior pics. Spark has Speedo above center console! i never knew that. is it not little disturbing to drive with speedo at center. I think every time you want to check speed,RPM etc you have to take attention out of road and peek into speedo.

whats your take on that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1703878)
Thanks mate for interior pics. Spark has Speedo above center console! i never knew that. is it not little disturbing to drive with speedo at center. I think every time you want to check speed,RPM etc you have to take attention out of road and peek into speedo.

whats your take on that?

I did find it strange at first but , after few hrs of driving I was pretty comfortable with it as with the inverted light and wiper controls.
Also it really doesn't take the attention off the road as I also keep checking the RPM regularly(have religiously kept it below 2500).

Cograts and welcome to the Spark club, I have the same blazing red LT variant with beige interior, completed almost 5K KM in it. Good to see the introduction of RPM meter.

Thanks Latheesh, I am very impressed by your spark ( had read your thread which had awesome alloys and Spark looked meanie). Happy to be in the Spark club, waiting for Nimz's reply as he also is a sparky lover as I have found out by searching through T-BHP forums

Hi Kenpachigamer congrats for the Spark. So spark is comes with digital tacho? I could not find one in your photos. Can you please upload some photos?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaddiwale (Post 1704170)
Hi Kenpachigamer congrats for the Spark. So spark is comes with digital tacho? I could not find one in your photos. Can you please upload some photos?

Here is the pic

The area marked in circle shows the tacho reading.

These are a bit blurred, Will post more clear pics of the central dash some time soon