Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2010, 22:56   #151
BHPian

Re: Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Hi Raghu,

Nice pics.The car is simply fabulous.I have booked my car recently and will be taking delivery soon.My question is how is NVH levels of the car?Is the car cabin silent on highways or one can hear a lot of wind noise?
Another thing i want to ask is where do buy your car care products from?Any specific website you can recommend that ships to India and is reliable.

Regards,
Rahul
Yeh Rahul,

Congratulations on your ANHC.

NVH levels are bit high on ANHC, this is one area where honda should have done better. Mine is on MRF OE tyres and generally I feel the noise level more. Heard Michelin are quiter, insist for the same. But OE sound quality is pretty crisp, a level of 7 shields all the noise for me.

After an under body coating I feel the noise level has dropped slightly.

Regarding Meg products, 3M opened an exclusive car care here in Bangalore and they are available on shelf. They don't have online options yet, but prices are affordable.

Alternatively you can try Global Shopping: Buy from International Stores like Amazon, Victoria, if pricing is ok then book it.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 19th December 2010 at 22:57.
Old 24th December 2010, 16:25   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
The ANHC OEM bulbs i feel are practically useless except in the city. Highway driving with them i found to be highly risky.

Just upgraded a few months ago to an original Philips HID kit, highly recommended for safety on highways at night !

Hey Raghu, sorry to hijack your thread...just wanted to mention that I have upgraded the lights on my ANHC by installing the Philips Xenon HID Kit. Got it installed at Sachin's AutoShop in Koramangala.

Special thanks to you, Nirmaljusdoit and Shamanth for answering my queries regarding the lights and upgrade options.

The HIDs make a huge difference to night travel and it is definitely money well spent.

Details of the kit can be found here : Philips Lighting India - Xenon HID conversion kit

Cheers
Uday
Old 24th December 2010, 16:33   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Hey Raghu, sorry to hijack your thread...just wanted to mention that I have upgraded the lights on my ANHC by installing the Philips Xenon HID Kit. Got it installed at Sachin's AutoShop in Koramangala.

Special thanks to you, Nirmaljusdoit and Shamanth for answering my queries regarding the lights and upgrade options.

The HIDs make a huge difference to night travel and it is definitely money well spent.

Details of the kit can be found here : Philips Lighting India - Xenon HID conversion kit

Cheers
Uday

Yeh Uday,

No worries, it actually helps me/us seeking an upgrade,

Iam still in confused state whether to get just the bulbs upgraded or relay.

What was the total cost? Would be of great help if you could post before and after pics in case you have.

Did you feel any difference in heat emitted?

Cheers
Raghu

Last edited by raghu230506 : 24th December 2010 at 16:50.
Old 24th December 2010, 17:38   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Yeh Uday,

No worries, it actually helps me/us seeking an upgrade,

Iam still in confused state whether to get just the bulbs upgraded or relay.

What was the total cost? Would be of great help if you could post before and after pics in case you have.

Did you feel any difference in heat emitted?

Cheers
Raghu
Thanks Raghu,

I dont have the 'before' pics. I will post some 'after' pics over the weekend. The entire kit costs 9.5K, seems prices have gone up now. Unable to make out the difference in heat emitted but boy are they bright!!!!

Since this is a H4 bulb, both high and low beams are in the same unit hence pass functionality needs to be limited otherwise it would eat into the life of the bulbs it seems.

Cheers
Uday

Last edited by uday.ere : 24th December 2010 at 17:44.
Old 29th December 2010, 22:09   #155
BHPian

Hi All,

Iam observing a peculiar problem with AC, just turn on the blower and rotate the knob to the red zone (heating), I start getting warm air and it becomes hotter once the knob has reached the far end (hottest). Though the level is not too high, but Iam surprised by this behaviour considering I don't press the A/C switch on.

Initially thought might be due to engine compartment being warm (observed after a long run), this evening tried the same in my office parking lot (car was idle through out the day) and I feel the same.

What could be the reason?

Anyone observed/faced this?

Cheers
Raghu
Old 29th December 2010, 23:32   #156
BHPian

For the heater you don't need to press the A/C button. You can still press A/C button if you want to filter and de-moisturize the air or defog the windshield.

The function in WagonR behaves the same as ANHC, so thats probably how all cars work.
Old 30th December 2010, 07:47   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
For the heater you don't need to press the A/C button. You can still press A/C button if you want to filter and de-moisturize the air or defog the windshield.

The function in WagonR behaves the same as ANHC, so thats probably how all cars work.
Thanks echo,

That's an info for me, didn't knew this.

Other ANHC owners, your observations on this.
Old 30th December 2010, 09:46   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks echo,

That's an info for me, didn't knew this.

Other ANHC owners, your observations on this.
Hi Raghu,

As echo mentioned, its the same in my ANHC too. For the heating function to work, we do not need to start the Air Conditioner at all. Its like a thermostat getting (red)hot depending on the setting of the knob and the blower blowing the hot air through the AC vents, the same principle room heaters work on. And again as echo mentioned, you need to operate both AC and heating function in case its cold within the car and the windshield starts to get foggy because of conditions outside.

Its the same in all cars I have driven so far: M800, Alto, Omni, Ritz, WagonR, Santro, I10, I20, Honda City, etc.

When I was driving the small hatches, I used to believe that in higher segment cars, they perhaps have the AC which functions as both heating and cooling device but even Honda City does not have that.

I am not sure, but have reasons to believe that cars with ACC(Auto climatizer) have the function of both cooling or heating the car only when AC is switched on. As the ACC works on the principle of maintaining the temperature inside the car to a set level, it would need to heat or cool on a need basis.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 8th January 2011, 16:51   #159
BHPian

Clay Kit and review on Meg products

Hi All,

Wanted to share new addition to car care products and review on the products already arrived

Guys used Washing MITT and Drying towel first time today, Car washing was never so easy for me.

Wash MITT was easy and worth to have.

Drying towel (99.5cm X 85.5cm) is amazing product, just one wipe on the car it absorbs water as if it was thirsty from ages. No need to wipe twice, nor need to squeeze the water. It's a mist product for those who wish and wash there cars on their own. Believe me guys it just took 5 mins for me to wipe clean my ANHC.

Clay Kit:

Couldn't wait for my second lot to arrive, was keen on claying the car. Ordered a Meg clay kit through BBI

Limited Stock Items !

Actual cost was 2295, offered price was 1959INR. Pack received in two days from the time money transferred to Sanjay's account. It's more than twice the amount compared to US.

But one thing I noticed is this product and most of the Meg products sold (either by BBI or 3M exclusive in Bangalore) are from Netherlands and when checked the prices in Netherlands/Belgium they are almost equal or marginally higher.

After wash clayed the car (section by section) before applying Meg NXT Wax, one layer now and one would go in tomorrow after a 12/24 hr curing.

Query To experts

One query I have here, even after claying the entire car I found only a small amount of dust on the clay. Is this fine or did I made a mistake in claying.

I sprayed UQD and glided the clay on the surface. Wiped using a MF and applied NXT.

Pics:
Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_4668.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_4670.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_4674.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_4677.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_4680.jpg

Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...-dsc_4683.jpg
Old 11th January 2011, 12:25   #160
BHPian

Re: Clay Kit and review on Meg products

Quote:
Guys used Washing MITT and Drying towel first time today, Car washing was never so easy for me.

Wash MITT was easy and worth to have.

Drying towel (99.5cm X 85.5cm) is amazing product, just one wipe on the car it absorbs water as if it was thirsty from ages. No need to wipe twice, nor need to squeeze the water. It's a mist product for those who wish and wash there cars on their own. Believe me guys it just took 5 mins for me to wipe clean my ANHC.
Hi Raghu,

Great to look at the products you bought being in use. I was waiting for the reviews on Meguiar products you sourced from the US. I know that you will follow up after you have finished the whole job with pics of the car and in-detail description of the whole process/ time/ efforts, etc.

I would be interested to know the specifics of the Washing MITT and Drying towel you mentioned. Are these Meguiar products aswell?

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 11th January 2011, 14:05   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi Raghu,

Great to look at the products you bought being in use. I was waiting for the reviews on Meguiar products you sourced from the US. I know that you will follow up after you have finished the whole job with pics of the car and in-detail description of the whole process/ time/ efforts, etc.

I would be interested to know the specifics of the Washing MITT and Drying towel you mentioned. Are these Meguiar products aswell?

Regards,
Kalyan
Hi Kalyan,

Wash MITT and Drying towel are from VIKING (US product).

I did finish one round of detailing on my car,

> Wash (Meg NXT Wash, I found it to be ok. 3M stands first as far as my experience goes).
> Clay
> Meg NXT
> 12 hrs of curing
> Had to clay bonnet and boot lid (didn't find them smooth to apply as I took car out during the curing time), not sure if this is ok. But did it.
> Then applied one layer of collinite.
> Tried Meg Tyre foam, easy to use and results are decent.

Car looks much better, wish I had tried second layer of NXT before Collinite, but didn't as I had not time to wait (Sunday better half planned lot of stuff which needed car to be on the move).

Would probably post pics soon.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 11th January 2011 at 14:06.
Old 11th January 2011, 14:39   #162
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Iam observing a peculiar problem with AC, just turn on the blower and rotate the knob to the red zone (heating), I start getting warm air and it becomes hotter once the knob has reached the far end (hottest). Though the level is not too high, but Iam surprised by this behaviour considering I don't press the A/C switch on.
It is supposed to function that way, as the heater doesn't need your air-con compressor. Directly or indirectly, your car's heater uses heat generated by the engine (hot coolant passing through the heater core).
Old 11th January 2011, 15:35   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It is supposed to function that way, as the heater doesn't need your air-con compressor. Directly or indirectly, your car's heater uses heat generated by the engine (hot coolant passing through the heater core).
Thanks GTO/Others,

I was not aware of this, I use heater very rarely and when ever used, I allways had A/C button turned on

Cheers
Raghu
Old 11th January 2011, 16:01   #164
BHPian

Quote:

but didn't as I had not time to wait (Sunday better half planned lot of stuff which needed car to be on the move).

Raghu,

As far as i know, you need to CLAY & NXT it towards the evening. So that the night fall accounts to 12 hours of curing. Then you may again resume.

Try and do this at one single go to get good results.

Experts may comment.

By the way, Are we having one more "Detailer", rather a "BUDDING DETAILER" round here.
Old 12th January 2011, 18:43   #165
BHPian

Tyre Pressure

Hi All,

A quick question on the tyre pressure, referred values are 32 PSI for Front and 30 PSI for rear.

I noticed by ANHC had 40PSI in the front I asked SA to check and fill in the air if required. Prior to that I remember allways following the referred value.

One more thing, my LF tyre allways needs a check and inflate (it's the one which dips to lower side) than compared to the other three. What could be the reason?

I noticed it was considerably less yesterday and went for a fill and then came the surprise

LF - 18 PSI
RF - 40 PSI

Did any one check it after the service?

Most Viewed