Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 13:04   #16
BHPian

The alloys are just gorgeous. So is the car. Hoping to see the finished carputer soon!
Old 31st January 2010, 14:05   #17
BHPian

monty, your alloys looks simply stunning but the tyre size 205/50/R 16 is ok with stock size of 175/65/R15?? As I doubt that it will spoil your ride quality!
Old 31st January 2010, 14:10   #18
BHPian

the car looks fantastic. black alloys on a white car, cant get better than that

we want more pictures mate
Old 31st January 2010, 17:18   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Boy! he has attitude. (definitely male)
oh yeah definatly male and i named my car as "WICKED WHITE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
How much did the alloys cost?
EMT was supposed to be with black door handles, ?
the alloys costed me Rs19500 for set of 4 rims, and yes i got the door handles painted by the dealer before delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Mubarakaan 22ji. Got the work done at autoserve haan ?
tuhanu vi nubarkaan ji, yes i got the work done from autoserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Which brand are they? How much did it cost.
these are some X2 brands and heard these are good quality rims from china. i wanted the lenso SC01 but could find those in same finish.
cost mentioned above

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Between what was the stock size of the tire?
stock size was 175/65/R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
1. I'll say that it doesn't look that good to me once it's fitted to the car.
2. To me it makes the car look under-tyred from a distance.
3. Is almost looks like there is too much gap between the wheelarch and the tyres.
4. Please don't be offended by my point of you, .
1. it might be because of the picture i cliked tured too balck for the alloys and the alloys just look big black circle there.

2. if i am not wrong you mean the gap between the wheel arches and the tyre too much by the word "under-tyre", well this looks when the jack is removed and the tyre is not alinged properly, but when we drive it off the wheel take its place and alings properly. i mean its like this " \ "(not this much) instead of " l " this.

3. i guess the above piont answers your question.

4.not a problem buddy, every one has his/her own views and every one have their own likings and dislikings. not a problem at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Hoping to see the finished carputer soon!
this will take a little time may be about 3-4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
the tyre size 205/50/R 16 is ok with stock size of 175/65/R15?? As I doubt that it will spoil your ride quality!
it may spoil the ride quality but this size is good for upsize for ANHC.

anyways guys here are the pics of the car which are much awaited.
and thats my cosin's car which we name it "Red Lobster"

Red Lobster and Wicked White
Attached Thumbnails
Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04349.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04353.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04362.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04367.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04368.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04373.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04376.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04386.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04391.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04392.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04394.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc04395.jpg  

Old 31st January 2010, 20:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! That looks wicked!

Any plans for a body kit like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-2009hondacitytestdrivereview026.jpg  

Old 31st January 2010, 22:57   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Congratulations! That looks wicked!

Any plans for a body kit like this?
yes i wanted this body kit really badly, but the dealer is selling this at about Rs.70,000/- . now i am looking for this kit from somewhere else.
do you know anyone where can i get this kit form? that too of ABS plastic or mugen kit.
thanks
Old 19th February 2010, 17:47   #22
BANNED

hi all,
i am back after few days with a little review about my ANHC. i had a trip to delhi and back and drove about 600kms.

Note: everything i compare of honda city with my dad's cedia.

1. i felt the gear shift not as good as cedia. i guess the cedia is with shortshifter, it just shifts it slef with little effort.

2. the suspoension gives stiffer ride .

3. i like the engine roar after about 2k or 3k RPM, but sometimes it give me diesel feeling like i am driving DDIS swift.

4. the foot rest does not allows me to press the clutch all the way down. (its with me and my friend, i think i need to keep my foot aways form the footrest) it should have more height to the level of the clutch so that we dont have to pull back our foot to press the clutch.

5. the engine seems to more rougher than cedia's. honda engine's are happy revving but not smother as mitsu's engine.(honda city ivtec vs cedia engine)

these days i am busy with my ICE section. this will be all DIY with help of Gunbir at GYRO, delhi.

so far i got the yellow strip of alloys to red. for now its just the tape but ill get them painted along with the brake caliper and the drums.i got tints with 35% visiblity from Autographics.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:32   #23
BHPian

Many congratulations on your new car. Do keep posting.
Old 19th February 2010, 20:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Monty Veer, the Suspension issue may be on account of the +1 upsize. The point regarding stiffer ride was already quoted by a fellow member. And if you don't mind, can you please tell how much did the Grill cost?
Old 19th February 2010, 21:32   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Monty Veer, the Suspension issue may be on account of the +1 upsize. The point regarding stiffer ride was already quoted by a fellow member. And if you don't mind, can you please tell how much did the Grill cost?
yeah i know it is also because of 16inchers but with these i feel my car's with 17 or 18" rims. lol.
the grill costed me Rs15k at the dealer. but you can get this way cheaper at GYRO delhi.
i dint look for it in aftermarket for the same and end up paying 15k to the dealer.

and yes another issue is about the horn, which is also alreayd mentioned. its like changing its tone from high to low. i asked about the same to the delaer when i went there for the 1st service and i was told that this is a permanent problem with the honda city(i guess current model)

i also came to know that this engine use 8 spark pulgs i.e. 2 plugs per clyinder. and the engine uses timing chain instead of belt. its mentioned in the car's manual.

Last edited by monty9991 : 19th February 2010 at 21:35.
Old 19th February 2010, 22:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

I'll be visiting Gyro for my Xing's ICE but in the meanwhile, can you please tell the price at which Gyro was selling and what else is available for ANHC?
Old 20th February 2010, 11:13   #27
BHPian

@monty,
Even I am facing the same problem as after 2k or 3k engine feels not at all rev happy and it roars just like a diesel.

The so called "foot rest" is obstacle for complete clutch pressing

And surely at second free service the horn was replaced under guarantee, but the problem seems not resolved, after few days the intensity of the horn got down and down.
Old 20th February 2010, 11:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
yeah i know it is also because of 16inchers but with these i feel my car's with 17 or 18" rims. lol.
the grill costed me Rs15k at the dealer. but you can get this way cheaper at GYRO delhi.
i dint look for it in aftermarket for the same and end up paying 15k to the dealer.

and yes another issue is about the horn, which is also alreayd mentioned. its like changing its tone from high to low. i asked about the same to the delaer when i went there for the 1st service and i was told that this is a permanent problem with the honda city(i guess current model)

i also came to know that this engine use 8 spark pulgs i.e. 2 plugs per clyinder. and the engine uses timing chain instead of belt. its mentioned in the car's manual.
Nice ride there buddy. Do make sure to check "modified OHC and Vtec" on this site.Theres this guy who has posten pics of ANHC with projector lamps and they look real nice n sporty.
Old 20th February 2010, 11:37   #29
BHPian

Hi monty congrats for the new car.We will always miss our old cars when we sell them.I still miss my pre V2 Indica eventhough it was lemon(square) to some.

The roaring is not a problem ! I also felt like this.It is there in Civic too.We get it when you rev it past ,I think 3200 - 3500 rpm especially in 2nd or 3rd gear.It is the time when the silent engine is transformed into a beast and IVTEC is activated.Please don't rev her that much in the running in period.The engine will be rev happy as soon as the running in period is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
@monty,

Even I am facing the same problem as after 2k or 3k engine feels not at all rev happy and it roars just like a diesel.

The so called "foot rest" is obstacle for complete clutch pressing

And surely at second free service the horn was replaced under guarantee, but the problem seems not resolved, after few days the intensity of the horn got down and down.
About the "foot rest" obstacle I have never felt like it in 14,000km.Is it a a bit raised in your cars? or are you pressing the clutch too much?

About the horn,please get a good Roots Vibrosonic or Bosch for the car,orginal horn dosent have enough sound since it has to meet govt norms.

Last edited by Mevtec : 20th February 2010 at 11:39.
Old 20th February 2010, 11:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
About the horn,please get a good Roots Vibrosonic or Bosch for the car,orginal horn dosent have enough sound since it has to meet govt norms.
This is a small, but illegal upgrade, My personal view is we as responsible members of the forum and society should refrain from doing anything illegal, or suggesting anything like that on a public forum.

Upgrading horns to deaffening decibles, sun films wich is not in line with the legal norms is absolutely No No for me

in my view, it is similar to suggesting some one to drive at 150 KMPH in a 80 KMPH speed limit road. Both people who suggests/encourages/aids as well as the person who commits illegal acts are punishable under the law.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks