Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 13:05   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
This is a small, but illegal upgrade, My personal view is we as responsible members of the forum and society should refrain from doing anything illegal, or suggesting anything like that on a public forum.

Upgrading horns to deaffening decibles, sun films wich is not in line with the legal norms is absolutely No No for me.
But StarVegabond the Roots Vibrosonic is not a very loud horn and the Bosch horns, most of them are not very loud.Roots Megasonic is the loud horn which is quite deafening.It is the one you usually see in politician's (?state) cars.If you think about the legality you cannot even upgrade the headlight.Do you want to delete all the headlight upgrade threads?.

It is almost impossible to drive safely in NH and MC road in my state without proper horns.Horns when used properly will prevent some accidents especially due to careless pedestrians (eg;crossing behind a bus).In such circumstances we need a good horn.Some sets of horns provided with ANHC are good.The one I found in the test drive car was useless.I have the orginal horn and the additional horn which can be switched off.

Few months back I had to honk the horn (illegally) in our medical college campus when an ambulance driver almost hit me when he was taking the car for washing!
Old 20th February 2010, 15:41   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
@monty,
Even I am facing the same problem as after 2k or 3k engine feels not at all rev happy and it roars just like a diesel.
i guess its happy reving as well like OHC and to me roaring is not a problem but it make you feel like you are diriving DDIS. lol but i can bear with it after driving an ALTO for 5 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
Theres this guy who has posten pics of ANHC with projector lamps and they look real nice n sporty.
yes i have seen the pics there, but for now i want to spend money on SQ ICE setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Please don't rev her that much in the running in period.

About the "foot rest" obstacle I have never felt like it in 14,000km

About the horn,please get a good Roots Vibrosonic or Bosch for the car,orginal horn dosent have enough sound since it has to meet govt norms.
i think my run-in period is alreayd over but i still observe the RPM below 25k. i have already driven the car about 1800kms.

about he foot rest, it may not be a problem for all and you probably keeping your foot on right position.

Horns, i chanegd the stock horns after 4 days of driving stock horns. i got roots vibrasonis with a relay. but the problem still exist.

Last edited by monty9991 : 20th February 2010 at 15:48.
Old 20th February 2010, 15:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post

1. ICE -i did not want the audio system which they had, as i want to put my carputer form old car to this.

2. ALLOYS - i wanted to get aftermarket alloys to enhace the looks of car.
Hey Monty

Congrats on your buy !

I really loved your thought process. Its great thinking though. I did make a mistake by opting an SMT. Now i am wondering why shouldn't have i not done this.

By the way, your alloys look really nice, especially the outer painted ring.Your ANHC looks really Gorgeous. Do post us pictures once you are done with the carputer.

Also would you mind sharing the price for the alloys please.

Keep posting !

Last edited by nandans2005 : 20th February 2010 at 15:59.
Old 21st February 2010, 09:21   #34
BANNED

the alloys costed me Rs19500 for set of four.
and the carpc thing is in process, today i will be fixing the screen and give it OEM looks. it will take time may be a day or two complete it then i have to it for paint job.
will post the pics for sure in DIY section.
Old 21st February 2010, 14:28   #35
KK396

Hi Monty

Congrats on yr purchase. The car looks cool with the black alloys. Did you check with the dealer if the warranty gets affected due to upgradation of the tyres. I am also finalising on buying one and the dealer claims that it will affect the warranty.

PS - what was the discount/accesories that were offered?

Karthik

Old 21st February 2010, 22:36   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK396 View Post
Hi Monty

Congrats on yr purchase. The car looks cool with the black alloys. Did you check with the dealer if the warranty gets affected due to upgradation of the tyres. I am also finalising on buying one and the dealer claims that it will affect the warranty.

PS - what was the discount/accesories that were offered?

Karthik
thanks for the wishes.

well it may void the warranty for the suspensions. they will say that our warranty will be voided for anything we go for which is not done by the dealer.

"unka bas chale to kahenge ki, sir please dont get aftermarket mats, it will void your warranty"

well, i dint get any discounts or any accessories. here in punjab theres no discount on any honda cars except on jazz.

and BTW i am sharing some more pics which were clicked on my cousin's wedding.

and yes i got the red tape on the yellow line on the alloys. which looks better, red or yellow?
Attached Thumbnails
Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc01520.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc01524.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc01525.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-dsc01535.jpg  

Last edited by monty9991 : 21st February 2010 at 22:39.
Old 21st February 2010, 23:30   #37
BHPian

I feel, yellow lip was looking much better.
No plan for sunfilm? It will add a lot of character. alloys would look meaner!!!

Last edited by SumitBahl : 21st February 2010 at 23:32.
Old 22nd February 2010, 09:06   #38
BANNED

yes i already have sunfilm on the car. these pics are little older. i have autographix's olive green 35 sun film on my car just for sides, no rear and no front.
soon i will have a vote for yellow and red lip. this is just the red tape which can be removed any time
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Monty991 for buying ANHC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Now, when everyone is praising your selection of alloys, and with good reason, I'll say that it doesn't look that good to me once it's fitted to the car. I loved the matt-black paint, the spoke design, everything but the yellow stripe running along the circumference. To me it makes the car look under-tyred from a distance.
Without yellow line it may look 'No-tyred' (both tyre and the wheel being balck).
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:24   #40
BHPian

I liked the yellow lip better than the current red one.
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:02   #41
BANNED

anyways, i removed the tape as many of my friends and members here like it to be in yellow.
And i will have the door setp garnish soon as well. It was not avalible with the local accessories shop now and will be with him by this weekend.
Its for Rs.1800 only and has all four illuminated. The one dealer has is only front illuminated doorsetp garnish.

Last edited by monty9991 : 23rd February 2010 at 18:05.
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

1,800 only, I think Honda sells it for 9,500. Way cheaper.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
And i will have the door setp garnish soon as well. It was not avalible with the local accessories shop now and will be with him by this weekend.
Since these need some kind of power source for the illumination, the local accessories shop will have to cut or insert the wiring into the existing electrical wiring in the door. Honda dealers usually crib about the electrical warranty becoming void in such a case. Do you have a specific plan to handle the installation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
1,800 only, I think Honda sells it for 9,500. Way cheaper.
You are right. The quotation provided to me here in Hyderabad was for Rs 9550.00 at one Honda dealer and Rs 9750.00 at another.
Old 24th February 2010, 14:26   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991
Same query as Kalyan, Dealers crib for warranty,

Looking forward for the snaps once finished.
Old 25th February 2010, 15:33   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Since these need some kind of power source for the illumination, the local accessories shop will have to cut or insert the wiring into the existing electrical wiring in the door. Honda dealers usually crib about the electrical warranty becoming void in such a case. Do you have a specific plan to handle the installation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Same query as Kalyan, Dealers crib for warranty,
well i will definatly take care of the same, i will ask him to use connectors ( pic attahced). with these we dont have to cut the wires. these are used when we install aftermarket central locking and security systems.

its not yet avalible with the shop keeper. but promised me by this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-droupwirejoint.jpg  

Another ANHC comes in to Team-BHP-quick_splice_wire_connector_wire_joint_summ.jpg  

Last edited by monty9991 : 25th February 2010 at 15:44.

Most Viewed