Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 21:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Shankar,
I thought the extended warranty is only 9999/- At least that is what the dealer told me. I am getting my scorp the day after. What is this 12999/- price? Does it differ from city to city?
I had also pointed out the same above.

I believe if you take the extended warranty immediately after purchase then it costs 9999/-. If one decides to take the warranty after an year, then it probably costs more.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on arrival of the beast, white looks very politico, have a flag of the ruling party and people will be wary of coming close to you Even cops will think twice before stopping you.

Looks amazing, get extended warranty ASAP.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:27   #18
BHPian

Hi.
I have few questions.
How is the ac performance? Does it cool the 3rd row fast?
As tanwar mentioned might look like a party vehicle
Regards
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

its actually raining scorpios in T-BHP, heavily!

all because of the SLE version, facelift, 4x4 & auto option & most importantly- new features coupled with a price reduction.

congrats on your scorpio buddy. welcome to the club.

happy motoring.

@ scorpio fan: first of all, nice ID!!!

the third row takes time to cool on hot summers where the middle & front rows gets cool pretty fast.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 2nd February 2010 at 11:03.
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:18   #20
BHPian

Congrats for the new mHawk, I must say M&M has done a good job with mHawk across the range, but heart broke for all the previous VLX owner who paid a huge some for there VLX[which was exclusive with mHawk].The cost of Extended warranty is 9999/- if purchased in first 60 day, and after ward its more, I am yet to get that may be this week end will get that extended warranty done.

-Pramod
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase. Drive safe.
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:40   #22
BHPian

Congrats on your new Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
cost of Extended warranty is 9999/- if purchased in first 60 day, and after ward its more, I am yet to get that may be this week end will get that extended warranty done.

-Pramod
I am not sure if this is true as for my SLX July 2006 model, I purchased the extended warranty in May 2008 after it ran 49000 kms . It costed me 9999 only . however there were few conditions which I met :
1. Should be in Warranty (less then 2 years)
2. Should be less then 50K kms
3. Must have been serviced in M.A.S.S & have all through out service record.
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:14   #23
BHPian

That's what is mentioned in the current extended warranty card form given to me, the Scorpio factory warranty at least for 4wd AT is 50K or 2 year which ever is early, anyway that heartening to hear that you were given the option to just pay 9999/- even after doing so many KM's
-Pramod
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Even cops will think twice before stopping you.

Actually SUVs - esp out of state ones - are easy targets for cops and are stopped more frequently - ask hvk on his experiences.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:26   #25
BHPian

Thanks all for your wishes!!

Can you guys suggest about the ICE and your thoughts for the previous questions that i posted?

About the color, yeah I always had the thought about the political image but trust me, white gets its own respect everywhere. I see the cabs, trucks and even MTCs giving way or atleast showing signs back asap.

@shankar balan, thanks for the suggestion. is anyone here having the same color for their seats. i wish i could see a few pics to get a feel. I was thinking about black with grey. what you say? About stanley leather, YEAH!! I decided it the moment i saw in our office innova. the fit and finish is excellent and it gives a new dimension for the interior.

@ scorpio_fan, i didnt try with full load yet. but for the present chennai climate, i am running the AC it level 2 with minimum 3 passengers. When im alone, its in level 1.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ref Stanley leather upholstery - yes, you will love it because their execution is really excellent. the luxurious smell of leather will pervade your entire cabin. as far as I know it will set you back by about Rs 45000 or so atleast.
klassics,

Smell and execution and the nice stanley automative hologram stuck on your car - all that is fine .....BUT....

I suggest you catch hold of some folks who have got this installed in their vehicles and get first hand report of how it performs in weather of your city.

I got Scandanavian Leather ( one trim below Nappa, if I remember right) from stanley done on my scorp - and I did not heed to Raj who said he finds it impractical in Indian conditions.

After spending a fairly large sum of money, I now find my nicely starched shirts get sweat soaked much faster in Hyderabad weather with leather seats.

I wonder why - in Middle east (with higher humidity and higer temps) I used to have factory fitted leather seats on both accord and pilot and never experienced this - may be I drive more with windows down.

But it does offer good protection from yound kids antics and their droppings.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:40   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
klassics,

Smell and execution and the nice stanley automative hologram stuck on your car - all that is fine .....BUT....

I suggest you catch hold of some folks who have got this installed in their vehicles and get first hand report of how it performs in weather of your city.

I got Scandanavian Leather ( one trim below Nappa, if I remember right) from stanley done on my scorp - and I did not heed to Raj who said he finds it impractical in Indian conditions.

After spending a fairly large sum of money, I now find my nicely starched shirts get sweat soaked much faster in Hyderabad weather with leather seats.

I wonder why - in Middle east (with higher humidity and higer temps) I used to have factory fitted leather seats on both accord and pilot and never experienced this - may be I drive more with windows down.

But it does offer good protection from yound kids antics and their droppings.

Yeah i have traveled in innnova with stanley leather. i never felt it. i always drive with AC on or atleast the fan, even in the nights. Its not that i need AC all the time, but i feel a bit uncomfortable if the windows are open especially driving through the roads where the expansion is under progress.

Also i read some post here where they stated that Art leather was not so comfortable in high humidity.
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ scorpio fan: first of all, nice ID!!!

the third row takes time to cool on hot summers where the middle & front rows gets cool pretty fast.
Thanks Raj for the complement.

I heard the AC has a turbo feature by which it increases the AC cooling effect. Is that correct?

Also Mahindra's website also lists seperate AC (top mount), is that required in scorpio?
Regards,
Vijay
Old 3rd February 2010, 02:29   #29
BHPian

the top mount is just a blower unit and not an a/c blower so it just improves circulation. when the car is in a hot and sunny area the hot roof causes warm air to be blown on the second row passenger so it is not highly recommended by me. plus the direction of the bottom ac has been tweaked upwards in the new scopios so it helps in circulation. in my crde the second row ac just cooled the center passengers groin.
the a/c has a high low feature but the high selector just keeps the compressor cut in for a longer duration or basically increases the thermosat setting by a certain fixed margin.
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

@ scorpio fan: off roadie has answered your query.

the AC has no turbo feature, it just has a LO & HI setting. on HI, the compressor cuts off late resulting in faster & more cooling, thats about it.

the top mounted blower is an accessory & i would recommend you to avoid it, unless you really use the third row seats a lot. it does not have a seperate cooling coil like in the innova. so it wont make much of a difference in the cooling but yes, the third row passengers will get some extra relief.

but if what off roadie said is true "when the car is in a hot and sunny area the hot roof causes warm air to be blown on the second row passenger", then it not at all worth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks