Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 18:33   #16
BHPian

Is there any design change in the anti roll bars? I feel Scorpio needs better anti roll bars.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:35   #17
BHPian

congrtas on your new ride mahindra sure found a smart way of promoting automatics with the huge stickers on the side cladding.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
congrtas on your new ride mahindra sure found a smart way of promoting automatics with the huge stickers on the side cladding.
Thanks Off Roadie. True about the automatic stickers on the side. It really came as a surprise. I had never noticed it on any of the ATs in the forum. Not sure if no one ever posted a pic that showed it. Improbable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Is there any design change in the anti roll bars? I feel Scorpio needs better anti roll bars.
I don't believe they have changed the design but I did hear of some tweaks to improve the ride. I wouldn't be a good source for further information. I will let you know how the ride is in the next couple of weeks. Will get my wife and kids in the back and get some inputs.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th February 2010 at 09:50.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ananth, Congrats on the arrival of the beast.

Look forward to your ownership reports. Any reason you didnt go for 4x4 ?

Looks neat and tidy, Java Brown, the best color for AT Scorpio that one can get. Subscribed to this thread.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hey Ananth, Congrats on the arrival of the beast.

Look forward to your ownership reports. Any reason you didnt go for 4x4 ?

Looks neat and tidy, Java Brown, the best color for AT Scorpio that one can get. Subscribed to this thread.
Thanks tanwaramit.

On the 4x4 question - was expecting someone to pop it. Truly I am not the really adventurous type (how much ever I try to hide it ) and will probably never try to drive the scorp on dirt roads even - forget, slush, sand etc. I will probably stay on tarred (to the extent that they are tarred) roads and hence felt 4x4 was a feature I'd probably never need.
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

hearty congratulations ananth. welcome to the club.

do update us on the drive & ownership experience.

happy motoring.
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:14   #22
BHPian

Ananth, congrats for the AT, my AT 4WD was the first lot of 2010 delivered on 1st Jan 2010, anyway I had so many sticker of AUTO-TRANSMISSION pasted all over front and back glass pasted[these were paper sticker] apart from the cladding sticker, I had hard time removing the wind shield sticker, I still have one on the back wind shield.
Have you checked the Airbag lights? are they ON? if yes ask the service guys to unlock that, they come factory locked and need to be unlocked at dealer end, do also ask them to check the auto-transmission TCU connectors and after a week it started giving trouble, mine was not properly connected and vehicle would not get into reverse and showed engine malfunction!!

-Pramod
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Ananth, congrats for the AT, my AT 4WD was the first lot of 2010 delivered on 1st Jan 2010, anyway I had so many sticker of AUTO-TRANSMISSION pasted all over front and back glass pasted[these were paper sticker] apart from the cladding sticker, I had hard time removing the wind shield sticker, I still have one on the back wind shield.
Have you checked the Airbag lights? are they ON? if yes ask the service guys to unlock that, they come factory locked and need to be unlocked at dealer end, do also ask them to check the auto-transmission TCU connectors and after a week it started giving trouble, mine was not properly connected and vehicle would not get into reverse and showed engine malfunction!!

-Pramod
Thanks Pramod

I only had the badging at the rear and these side stickers with Automatic on it. No place else.

I haven't checked the airbag lights. Thanks for bringing that up and the AT TCU. Will get it checked when I go to pick up my vehicle.

Last edited by ananth_iy : 2nd February 2010 at 14:43.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Thanks tanwaramit.

On the 4x4 question - was expecting someone to pop it. Truly I am not the really adventurous type (how much ever I try to hide it ) and will probably never try to drive the scorp on dirt roads even - forget, slush, sand etc. I will probably stay on tarred (to the extent that they are tarred) roads and hence felt 4x4 was a feature I'd probably never need.
True, however if you go on extreme corners of India, 4x4 is something which will give you confidence. Not all highways or roads in India are good tarmac. Even normal roads have one big dig where 4x4 will help the beast get out on its own

Did you get any vehicle for test drive OR you booked without any TD ?
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
True, however if you go on extreme corners of India, 4x4 is something which will give you confidence. Not all highways or roads in India are good tarmac. Even normal roads have one big dig where 4x4 will help the beast get out on its own

Did you get any vehicle for test drive OR you booked without any TD ?
They did not have an Automatic for a TD. I had to do a round in the MT just to check out creature comforts. So, I took the word of fellow BHPians who had experienced the AT first hand. I trust their inputs and don't feel it will let me down.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:01   #26
BHPian

Congratulations Ananth, what was the onroad price of the Beast? did they offer any discounts?
Old 3rd February 2010, 02:18   #27
BHPian

@ tanwaramit there is no national/state highway a 2wd cant handle. the only time i was stuck in my 2wd was in a water crossing in ladakh and it was entirely my fault (probably was too overconfident about clearing it and i was busy chatting away while negotiating it). other than that i have successfully competed in a great escape where i learnt a lot. so for a tarmac tourer a 2wd is just fine but for a more adventurous soul a 4wd is a necessity. in my case it just grew on me and i finally realized that i should have bought a 4wd but that might not be the case for all.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
Congratulations Ananth, what was the onroad price of the Beast? did they offer any discounts?
11.71L on road. I got a 7K Corp Discount + mats and scuff plates for free - not too much talked and talked the sales guy into gicing at least something and finally this is what I am getting.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
@ tanwaramit there is no national/state highway a 2wd cant handle. the only time i was stuck in my 2wd was in a water crossing in ladakh and it was entirely my fault (probably was too overconfident about clearing it and i was busy chatting away while negotiating it). other than that i have successfully competed in a great escape where i learnt a lot. so for a tarmac tourer a 2wd is just fine but for a more adventurous soul a 4wd is a necessity. in my case it just grew on me and i finally realized that i should have bought a 4wd but that might not be the case for all.
Thanks Off Roadie - just what I felt as well.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:41   #30
BHPian

Ananth,

hearty congrats on the purchase.

can you enlighten me on two points
a) when do you engage "W" - I assume this is the winter mode? Will it be also useful in sand?

what role, if any, a part time 4WD can play - are they tools for different scenarios altogether or they are equivalent tools for same ground condition?

Can W be engaged while you are moving?

b) another gentleman I know non-tbhp said that he is pretty disappointed with the cornering with AT, he says when he turns and drops speed somewhat there is a gear shift and a lurch, have you felt it?

Cheers

Most Viewed