Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 12:21   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Dent? What dent are you talking about? Do you see something that I don't?
I think Tanwar is going through too many Scorpio threads for his own good!
Old 7th February 2010, 12:21   #47
BHPian

Guys, now here is something that is really scaring me from this morning. The spoiler at the rear seems to have a welding imperfection. The strip at the top of the spoiler is not welded well with the rest of the spoiler causing a gap. See the picture below.

Not sure what to do about it. Intend to bring it up with the dealer tomorrow but not sure what to expect from the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hawk has landed - Scorpio AT with Airbags-dsc00284circled.jpg  

Old 7th February 2010, 12:30   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, now here is something that is really scaring me from this morning. The spoiler at the rear seems to have a welding imperfection. The strip at the top of the spoiler is not welded well with the rest of the spoiler causing a gap. See the picture below.

Not sure what to do about it. Intend to bring it up with the dealer tomorrow but not sure what to expect from the dealer.
Hmmm...this is certainly a SERIOUS issue. You must be facing the following issues, please confirm:

1. Your car must be going atleast 20 kms/hour slower than other Scorpio's.
2. Outright acceleration must have increased to 30 seconds for a 0-60 km/hr run.
3. Cornering speed has reduced drastically to 10 km/hr
4. Braking has reduced tremendously
5. Fish tailing is becoming the norm

If your answer is yes to all the above, suggest you ask for a full vehicle replacement immediately.

Welding gaps are extremely normal on the Mahindra's. Have you even gotten to see the panel gaps on the bumpers? Or the interiors? Finishing is horrible. That said, I am usually happy if the vehicle starts in the morning, accelerates right, brakes when I need it to brake, takes the rough in its stride, and does not make any weird sounds when running. I would be MUCH happier if it cleans itself though. Business idea anyone?

Let me hop down now and see what the gap is on mine. If its the same as yours, I suggest we join up and file a class action law suit against M&M. Raj may also join us for all the squeaky issues he keeps squeaking about.
Old 7th February 2010, 12:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hmmm...this is certainly a SERIOUS issue.

Welding gaps are extremely normal on the Mahindra's. Have you even gotten to see the panel gaps on the bumpers? Or the interiors? Finishing is horrible. That said, I am usually happy if the vehicle starts in the morning, accelerates right, brakes when I need it to brake, takes the rough in its stride, and does not make any weird sounds when running. I would be MUCH happier if it cleans itself though. Business idea anyone?

Let me hop down now and see what the gap is on mine. If its the same as yours, I suggest we join up and file a class action law suit against M&M. Raj may also join us for all the squeaky issues he keeps squeaking about.
Makes me feel better but still not that good. I definitely do NOT intend to ask for a replacement.

I am surprised M&M is even contemplating putting the Scorpio on US roads with such bad finishing. I like the vehicle, needless to say, but makes me sad to feel an Indian manufacturer is going to get beaten up by competition if they try to spread their wings in current state.
Old 7th February 2010, 12:58   #50
BHPian

I have dropped a mail to customercare with the picture attached. Let me see what they have to say.
Old 7th February 2010, 13:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

@RedLiner: Venkat that post of yours did definitely crack me up .

Quote:
Makes me feel better but still not that good. I definitely do NOT intend to ask for a replacement.

I am surprised M&M is even contemplating putting the Scorpio on US roads with such bad finishing. I like the vehicle, needless to say, but makes me sad to feel an Indian manufacturer is going to get beaten up by competition if they try to spread their wings in current state.
Now Ananth, as a new Mahindra customer, I would like to introduce to you to the following philosophy regarding TATA's and Mahindra's when aske to their field service team on their quality defiiciency: "THE INDIAN CUSTOMER IS UNDERSTANDING AND WE MAKE IT UP THRU CUSTOMER CARE"

I'm definitely sure their export models go thru a much harder Product Engineering and QC and their Indian counterparts.

So chill out my friend and believe "All Izz Well"
Old 7th February 2010, 13:15   #52
BHPian

Ananth,

First I congradulate on your new buy. Now I wish your initial issues are resolved by M&M to your satisfaction in time.

IIRC the rear spoler is maded of painted Reinforced Glass Fiber and thus not welded but press-fit and fastend to the body.

By lookiing at the rear spoiler mis fit, it should be an easier local re-assemble to realign the spoiler cap to correct the offset.

EDIT: If rear spoiler is made of metal sheet I am sorry. Ask for replacement of spoiler

SAD the quality and fit and finish levels on brand new vehicles of Indian manufacturers are often to unacceptable levels and with this level of QC they have dreams to enter and play in sophisticated western markets.

Hope M& M and TATA get their QC , fit and finish on par with global players

Last edited by harimakesh : 7th February 2010 at 13:18.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:05   #53
BHPian

congratulations. its a lovely SUV.

i wanted to know if one can get it in single tone black. (vlx auto)?
Old 7th February 2010, 14:07   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post

You have to repaint the panels and it should cost about 18G more.
Old 7th February 2010, 15:57   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I am not quite sure of that because the graphics are actually stickers, nothing more. Maybe you could try putting in a request for a vehicle without the graphics stickers. I think pulling them off after they are on maybe not be an easy task.
Old 7th February 2010, 16:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Ananth,

First I congradulate on your new buy. Now I wish your initial issues are resolved by M&M to your satisfaction in time.

IIRC the rear spoler is maded of painted Reinforced Glass Fiber and thus not welded but press-fit and fastend to the body.

By lookiing at the rear spoiler mis fit, it should be an easier local re-assemble to realign the spoiler cap to correct the offset.

EDIT: If rear spoiler is made of metal sheet I am sorry. Ask for replacement of spoiler

SAD the quality and fit and finish levels on brand new vehicles of Indian manufacturers are often to unacceptable levels and with this level of QC they have dreams to enter and play in sophisticated western markets.

Hope M& M and TATA get their QC , fit and finish on par with global players
Thanks Harimakesh. I really hope it is something that can be fixed locally. I am really worried about water getting into the spoiler during rains and causing havoc.
Old 7th February 2010, 16:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i dont agree to what you said red! there are some panel gaps on the bumpers & even some rough edges in the interiors but finishing is good enough. of course, i wont compare it to a land cruiser after paying 10 lakhs. and my vehicle does not have any welding gaps.

especially the part marked in bold! LOL, what was that? sounds like you are extremely unhappy & frustrated with your purchase.

yea, the squeaking issue is really bothering me & that seems to be the A.S.S. issue rather than the company itself. so let me try another A.S.S first atleast!

Quote:
i think you should ask a replacement of the spoiler ananth.
Old 8th February 2010, 15:56   #58
BHPian

i dont see any thing to worry about over here just go to the *** and read out the necessary part of the warranty booklet and get the spoiler renewed / repaired.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:14   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post

Quote:
Well, I am not quite sure of that because the graphics are actually stickers, nothing more. Maybe you could try putting in a request for a vehicle without the graphics stickers. I think pulling them off after they are on maybe not be an easy task.
What Caramelo has asked is if the Scorpio is available without the silver cladding in the VLX auto version, and not regarding the graphics. Answer is No.

Solution is provided below :

Quote:
Old 8th February 2010, 16:15   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The side claddings are not stickers! He wants the entire vehicle in a single tone black as opposed to the side claddings/skirts being another color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i dont agree to what you said red! there are some panel gaps on the bumpers & even some rough edges in the interiors but finishing is good enough. of course, i wont compare it to a land cruiser after paying 10 lakhs. and my vehicle does not have any welding gaps.

especially the part marked in bold! LOL, what was that? sounds like you are extremely unhappy & frustrated with your purchase.

yea, the squeaking issue is really bothering me & that seems to be the A.S.S. issue rather than the company itself. so let me try another A.S.S first atleast!

i think you should ask a replacement of the spoiler ananth.
Now Raj, my car is:

1. An SUV. GC is a given.
2. Is an MT. Clutch, change gears, does it slot well? Yes sir, please move on.
3. Is a tall boy. No aggressive cornering. Downshift and swerve.
4. Is a diesel. No wheel-spin's at the signal.
5. Is not a 4WD. Stick to the highways.

Now pray tell me, apart from the mechanical stuff being in good working order, what else can I ask for? A harem for all the space inside?

Time to get realistic Raj. We're all happy if our cars run well. That's about it. Paying 10L and squeaking? You're kidding me right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks