Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2011, 17:07   #76
BHPian

Re: Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack

How often one gets his home network all the while in roaming? I never get vodafone whenever I travel to Nagpur, Jalna, Aurangabad etc. Which means I endup on BPL, IDEA which attracts charges. Another reason for preferring offline is, you are not dependant on mobile network availability for navigation needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Are you sure there are data charges on roaming ? Data rates usually are usually the same everywhere, unless one uses a shared network (example vodafone using airtel network on roaming). My vodafone connection does not charge me extra and my 2gb free data usage is also valid everywhere.
Old 13th January 2011, 20:22   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Will need to check if Navimapper will support Android. Thanks for the pointer!

As long as I can route my phone audio thru speakers and able to hear/understand instructions it would do. Will the non-existance of AMPs still affect?

Does Linea HU have a Aux-In port? May be it has, but it's hidden for which I need to find a Blau dealer? Appreciate if you can clarify.
Offline maps for android can be checked here True offline maps for your Android - unplugged ! | MapDroyd I've been using open street maps as the source (for Navimapper, also used by mapdroyd) and found them quite accurate.
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:17   #78
BHPian

After more than 2 weeks of city driving find the latest FE figure in city. This is with normal driving (overtaking at every possible opportunity and going upto 90-100 on open stretches). This is the best I have got so far in City (measured over a fairly long time).
Attached Thumbnails
Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0196_exp.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0195_exp.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0194_exp.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0193_exp.jpg  

Autocop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 13:43   #79
BHPian

Last 2-3 months had been busy at work. Was abroad for a month. Came back in 2nd week of April and since then did 2-3 weekend trips. Wanted to give an update on FE from the recent Thane-Jalna-Thane (about 900 Kms) trip done over weekend.

Forward Journey (Thane-Jalna) parameters/Stats:
1 adult and 1 child on board
447 Kms
100% ACC at 22 deg

Return Journey (Jalna-Thane) parameters/Stats:
3 adults and 1 child on board
454 Kms (used aurangabad bypass hence distance is more)
100% ACC at 22 deg

Checkout the trip meter snaps below for both forward and return journey. For total 901 Kms got average FE of 23.3 Kmpl.

Extremely satisfied with the FE and the overall decision of buying Linea.
Attached Thumbnails
Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0014.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0011.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0013.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0019.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0020.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0021.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0022.jpg  

Attached Images

Autocop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 11:49   #80
BHPian

Great Mileage figures you have here Autocop.
18.5 K in Feb '11
25.8 K in May '11
That's quite some chugging on the highways in less than 4 months.

Last edited by AvinashKeezh : 12th May 2011 at 11:49. Reason: Incomplete
Old 12th May 2011, 16:19   #81
h14
BHPian

Wow, amazing figures. Great going Autocop. Eagerly awaiting for my Coimbatore-Bangalore drive this weekend. The best I have achieved so far is 22kmpl. Let's see whether I can match you this time. ;-)
Old 12th May 2011, 19:23   #82
BHPian

Thanks H14!

Keep being in 80-100 range. That keeps you relaxed and also you get better FE. A win-win situation. Wish you good luck for the target. Hope you can set higher bench mark! Keep us posted.

My next target: 25+ on a fairly long highway stretch. My gut filling is 25+ is doable with constant speed in 80-100 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Wow, amazing figures. Great going Autocop. Eagerly awaiting for my Coimbatore-Bangalore drive this weekend. The best I have achieved so far is 22kmpl. Let's see whether I can match you this time. ;-)
Thanks AvinashKeezh!

The beauty makes me drive, it's so difficult to keep her idle. Have been planning to do Ashtavinayak for quite sometime. Itinarary is ready. Waiting for the right opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh View Post
Great Mileage figures you have here Autocop.
18.5 K in Feb '11
25.8 K in May '11
That's quite some chugging on the highways in less than 4 months.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:07   #83
BHPian

Have done about 28500 Kms. 3rd Free Service (at 30K) is due soon. I have been servicing my car with Balaji Cars, Thane. Not satisfied with their service at all.

Looking for a better and professionally managed authorized Fiat service centre around Mumbai/Thane area. I live in Thane, but, for quality service am prepared to travel to South Bombay or Bombay Suburbs or Navi Mumbai.

Would welcome recommendations/suggestions from fellow FIATians/BHPians on the same.

Thanks and Happy motoring!
Old 27th June 2011, 16:28   #84
BHPian

@Autocop, Try out Fortune Cars, Chandivali. Their feedback is very good, 2 of my colleagues have the Linea Multijet and they are very satisfied with the service.
Old 29th June 2011, 14:57   #85
BHPian

Have seen their showroom while passing by the main road that goes from Powai towards Sakinaka. Their service centre is also located at same place? or elsewhere?

Thanks for the pointer mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@Autocop, Try out Fortune Cars, Chandivali. Their feedback is very good, 2 of my colleagues have the Linea Multijet and they are very satisfied with the service.
Old 29th June 2011, 15:39   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

That's some good FE figures for a "tank" ! Just curious, how accurate is the MID in Linea? Is it the only way you measure your FE or you re-confirm with the tankful - tankful method as well? Also do you manage a constant top speed [100-120 kmph] or you keep varying the speeds when you travel on a highway ?
Old 29th June 2011, 17:17   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Have seen their showroom while passing by the main road that goes from Powai towards Sakinaka. Their service centre is also located at same place? or elsewhere?

Thanks for the pointer mate!
You are correct, i am talking about the same showroom. The Service Center is located in the same premises.

Do share your experience with them.
Old 29th June 2011, 18:13   #88
BHPian

Will sure visit this place for my 3rd service. Let's see. Thanks for confirmation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
You are correct, i am talking about the same showroom. The Service Center is located in the same premises.

Do share your experience with them.
Thanks Swiftnfurious!

Earlier used to measure using both methods and found out that the MID is higher by about 1 unit. Since then just go by the MID.

Tend to cruise at 80-100 depending on the road. Cruise at about 100 on Mum-Pun expressway, while on normal state roads prefer cruising at 80-90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's some good FE figures for a "tank" ! Just curious, how accurate is the MID in Linea? Is it the only way you measure your FE or you re-confirm with the tankful - tankful method as well? Also do you manage a constant top speed [100-120 kmph] or you keep varying the speeds when you travel on a highway ?
Old 21st November 2011, 16:00   #89
BHPian

Last 4-5 months had been extremly busy at work spending avg 11-12 hours. It's been a long time, since I updated the thread. Wanted to share some updated.

I did 3rd Free Service for my Linea at 30K in August with Fortune Cars Powai suggested by fellow a BHPian. The experience was much much better than Balaji Cars. Apart from routine 3rd Free Service Items, Front Suspension Mounting Bolts, Right Rear Door Beeding and Clutch Slave Cylinder was replaced under warranty. The total bill came to little above 7K.

Since then, did a few long trips.
Thane-Nagpur-Thane (about 2000 Kms) during Ganesh Chaturthi time.

Thane-Kolhapur-Wada-Tarkarli-Ratnagiri-Ganapatipule-Chiplun-Thane (about 1500 kms) during diwali.

Thane-Jalna-Thane (900 Kms) just last week.

FE Update from the recent Thane-Jalna-Thane trip.

Forward journey:
Distance - 456 Kms
Avg Speed - 56 Km/Hr
Journey Time - 8 Hours
FE - 22.3 KM/Litre

Return journey:
Distance - 461 Kms
Avg Speed - 54 Km/Hr
Journey Time - 8.27 Hours
FE - 23.4 KM/Litre

Total Trip
Distance - 917 Kms
Avg Speed - 55 Km/Hr
Journey Time - 16.30 Hours
FE - 22.8 KM/Litre

She has done about about 37550 Kms so far. Touchwood, Linea has been serving me very well. No issues as such attributable to the vehicle, other than a few normal wear/tear things, examples - few characters (L and I to be specific) falling from LINEA emblem on the boot, minor scratches/bruises/small-dents (thanks to the kids in building, small stones flying from other vehicles around during highway drives, lack of attention from your honesty at times). Along with the solid build, excellent steering feedback/feel, ride, handling, high-speed stability, top end features, the, Fuel Economy delivered by MJD for the vehicle of this size/weight makes it a very sweet deal. It gives 20+ FE consistantly on out of town trips always, unless one decides to drive with unusually heavy foot.

A few recent pictures to follow soon.

Her second birthday is approaching soon. Considering a few gift ideas at the moment.

- New number plates (the existing ones are a little older and look at bit odd). Any good suggestions for this would be most welcome?
- A DVD unit (either a portable one or permanent one) for long drives. The only worry with this is warranty getting void if wire-cutting is necessary. Is this a valid concern? Has anyone installed DVD unit on Linea/Punto?
- Any other ideas?
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:54   #90
BHPian

A few snaps (taken with my mobile phone camera) on Dashera.
Attached Thumbnails
Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0082.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0083.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0084.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0085.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0086.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0087.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0088.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-imag0090.jpg  

Attached Images

Most Viewed