Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 17:11   #1
BHPian

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack

I became the proud owner of F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack on 10-01-2010.Sorry for the late post, thanks to an urgent business visit out of country.

Booking and Delivery:

I started my search for a new car in October. I was almost sure of buying a Punto or a Linea, but family members wanted to consider available options before a final decision. So we started doing TDs. The requirement was a sedan/SUV/MUV under 9L.

Xylo: TD experience was good. Spacious and VFM vehicle. Safety, FE and city driving were concerns.

Scorpio: I did Xylo and Scorpio TDs back-to-back. Wasn't I taken over Scorpio mania after TD? I had almost thought this is going to be my next vehicle. But the top end was going way over budget 10>. Also FE was a concern.

Punto: We did a couple of Punto TDs. The HM wasn't impressed with the interiors and space. HM gave a verdict that our next car has to be a sedan.

Verna: We went to Modi Hyundai show room in Thane. Both myself and wife were bold over by a Golder color verna on display. The exterior and interiors was simply marvelous. Next day the guy got home a CRDi for a TD. The drive and acceleration was like rocket. I was bold over. But the moment we reached 90-100 I was feeling unsafe and as if I am floating. We took all TD cars thru a series of humps at a good speed. With Verna HM got a shaky feeling. Wasn't impressed with suspension. Also the sudden acceleration brought by Turbo was giving nausiatic feeling in rear. Price was on higher side compared to the features.

Linea: Asked Balaji Cars for Linea TD. They promptly came home. We took all TD cars thru a series of humps at a good speed. With Linea, wife didn't notice the humps. After we went past she was asking if the humps had gone by. The boot space was superb. Rear seat comfort and driving pleasure were unmatched. Features at the price were unmatched. So final verdict Linea MJD.

We did all TDs at Thane, but we belong to Nagpur hence vehicle delivery was going to happen in Nagpur. In December Fiat Launched exchange offer for Linea. I had a M-800 which I was trying to dispose and this offer couldn't have come at a better time. On 15-Dec we booked MJD E-Pack FTA color. Then the wait started. On 22-Dec the sales guy tells me that Fiat has stopped production and FTA color is not available in E-Pack. Its available in Dyn,Emotion. Again discussion and HM doesn't want to compromise on variant. So we decide with our next choice F. Red. Vehicle arrived on 3-Jan. Went to Nagpur on 8-Jan. All delivery fomalities completed and took delivery on 10-Jan.

With family and parents drove the beauty to Thane. Nagpur-thane 850Kms drive game me 19+ FE which is simply amazing.

+ve:
- Excellent suspension and handling
- Blue&Me is real boon. During Nagpur-Thane drive we were receiving calls from family members and all of us were enjoying the conversations.
- Boot Space
- Looks its sure is a looker.

-ve:
- Low GC
The fuel line plastic cover came off just after leaving Jalna. Came back to Tata Dealer in Jalna and after inspection found that the plastic locks that hold the cover had broken. The Jalna one was a TASS not a TAFE. He removed the cover and asked me to proceed with journey. Its not a big deal and it can be replaced after going to Thane or during 1st service.
- Rear space

Accesories:
I have done seat covers and customized interior painting to match the seat covers. Haven't taken the pics yet. Will post them soon.

In 3 weeks the vehicle has done 1800 Kms. Doing a daily 2-way office commute of 50KMs and I am getting 18+ FE.

More later.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:22   #2
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, Autocop, for becoming a proud owner of a priceless possession. 1800 km in 3 weeks, wow!

Old 1st February 2010, 17:27   #3
BHPian

Congrats Autocop.
You have a beauty in hand. Pamper her and enjoy her company.

Drive safe. Pls post some pictures.

FTA discontinued for top ends ? any idea why ? This is the 3rd colour discontinued in the last one year after Vocal White and Medium Grey.

Last edited by bnzjon : 1st February 2010 at 17:29.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:00   #4
BHPian

Thanks bnzjon. Will do!

I meant during December Fiat plant was shut down and production was stopped. MJD E-Pack wasn't available in FTA color in company stock. The only variants available in FTA were Emotion and Dynamic.

FTA and Medium Grey are still showing up on Fiat Website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Congrats Autocop.
You have a beauty in hand. Pamper her and enjoy her company.

Drive safe. Pls post some pictures.

FTA discontinued for top ends ? any idea why ? This is the 3rd colour discontinued in the last one year after Vocal White and Medium Grey.

Last edited by Autocop : 1st February 2010 at 18:02. Reason: Change in content
Old 1st February 2010, 18:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats AutoCop on the beauty. Upload pics bro !!
Old 1st February 2010, 18:24   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate!

Please post some pictures of the car.

By the way is the car 2009 make or 2010 make?
Old 1st February 2010, 18:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats , and pics please. I guess there no offers/freebies on the Linea ?
Old 1st February 2010, 18:40   #8
BHPian

Good choice! Congratulations friend. Enjoy your Linea with long drives. Pictures please.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

one more linea! congratulations!

1.8K in 3 weeks, that lots of mile munching! T-bhp thread is incomplete without a photo. Please post the pics.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pal, Enjoy the Linea & Admiration!
Old 1st February 2010, 21:01   #11
BHPian

Congrats Autocop. How about some pics of the red beauty! Enjoy your drive.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:01   #12
BHPian

Congrats and do post the driving experience and photos
Old 1st February 2010, 23:54   #13
BHPian

Great, just great. Congrats on the new buy. Welcome to the Linea club. Do post some pics of your beauty. As said before, pamper her well,& you will be admired.
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:12   #14
BHPian

Thanks all for your wishes.

I am extremly thankful to t-bhp and all its members who enrich this forum with valuable knowledge base in the forms of reviews/tips/tricks/techniques and what not. Because of being associated with t-bhp I could take an informed decision, I saved atleast 15000 on my car insurance and the knowledge, awareness and maturity about car purchasing that came along can't be measured in monetary terms. Hats off to t-bhp. t-bhp you simply rock

I tried to post a few D-day snaps this morning but all were above the size limit set by forum. Had to rush to office. Will convert the images to a lower resolution and post it hopefully by tonight.
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Autocop,

Welcome to Linea Club.Post some pictures.
Enjoy and Drive Safe

Most Viewed