Team-BHP - Chocolate Walrus - Xylo E8 ABS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Chocolate Walrus - Xylo E8 ABS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74810-chocolate-walrus-xylo-e8-abs.html)

Sorry folks had been busy last few weeks so could not start this thread as promised earlier.

A quick run thro' on the acqusition spree:

Met a SA at MPL Auto Chennai on 11th Dec and booked a E8 with ABS Java Brown color. I was assured delivery around 22nd Dec and to my surprise the vehicle landed on 16th Dec and ran to their warehouse to realize my dream..

19th Dec took delivery of the vehicle and have done 3124 kms as on date. I'll share more on the dealership experience in a separate note, for now wanted to focus with the Vehicle experience.

In the intial day or two had tough time with gear shift, having driven a Petrol Accent it took quite sometime adjusting to the long not to forget the vibratory gear shifts of Xylo.
This aggrevated with my short highway drive not letting me shift up to the 5th gear and everytime I used to do so, the gear would lean hack to neutral position with a grrr noice :eek:
I went back to the *** on 23rd Dec (did not find time in between) and explained him the gear shift issue, and promptly one of their ACE Xylo Mech, joined me for a drive again and to my surprise the *** Mech did not have any issues with the 5th gear shift.
I realised then it is all to do with my gear handling and now have managed to get the hang of it..withstupid so much so, guess will have difficulty with my Accent gear shift.
I'm planning long trip this week-end and will more details along with Photos..till then..keep tuned to this thread..

Congrats! Waiting for the pics :)

Congratulations. Pls share more of your vehicle experience for aspiring buyers :)

My heartiest congratulations to you for the acquisition of your beast!!

DO provide a lot of pics along with detiled dealership experience

Regards,

Congrats on your new car. Please post some pics and write a detailed report about your buying experience.

congratulations sitaram on new xylo. any other MUV/SUV were considered before buying xylo? kindly advice how you narrowed down to xylo!

What is the FE you are getting?

Thanks McLaren, aargee, don_carmaster, Anand & Shenoy. I'll click some pics over the week-end and will upload early next week.

Shenoy: FE is currently between 10~11 in city with Hi AC and highways (did a short one) is about 13 with Hi AC again

Narrowed down on Xylo after TD Innova based on:
Primarily family & self were leaning towards the same c(s)ity..Obes(c)ity lol: so needed a bigger car that can move around 6 plus folks which my Accent could not do..others are
1. Seating comfort (specially the 3rd row)
2. Engine performance & pick up
3. Last but not the least the VFM that Mahindra offered. It ended up 3.6 L cheaper than Innova V series with ABS & Airbag, only minus my Xylo ver is with ABS w/o Airbags

Anand on the dealership experience nothing much to complain, contrary to the experience Archish had mine was pretty good would say. Got the vehicle well ahead of committed delivery date with reasonable discounts.
Some numbers if it may benefit all:
Vehicle OTR 8.64L (only freebie from dealear was Mahindra Original bull bar & mud flaps)
Add ons: Permanent floor mat: Rs.1700
3M Sun film: Rs.3500
Under body 3M coat with 5 yr wty: Rs.2500
3M external Paint protection coat:Rs. 4000
Seat cover (don't remember the brand): Rs.6700
Regular Xylo fitting floor mats: Rs.1800
I got all the Add ons from after market and the 3M work from the distributor direct in Chennai.

I plan to come up with a more detailed driving experience along with Photos (I promise agree:) next week..

The times up!!
Still no pics!!!

Congrats for your new Xylo, Still waiting for the pics. Did you have any trouble in adjusting to riding in a high C of G vehicle with a very different handling profile compaired to a sedan. By the way, out of Xylo & Scorpio, which has the better ride & handling character??

Congrats on the new Xylo, like the name walrus, its funny.

Waiting for pics and more info on the purchase. Hope you had nice trip awaiting pics