Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:34   #1
BHPian

strange suspension noise on my ANHC

Hi All,

Mine has been driven 4.2k as of today and is up for second service next week. From past few days Iam observing a strange noise in my suspension.

This happens only in the morning and that too for about 2km (I have series of humps to cross before reaching office), after first few humps it stops. Noise never re-appears, till next day.

It sounds as if shocks were stiff and getting eased up. Noise is similar to pressing a spring that has been rusted/similar to that.

I took it twice to service station, but when I reach them it allways diminished.

Today I recorded the sound and service advisor heard them, again by the time I reached service center it got vanished. but he was not sure what's and where the problem is. They just applied some lubricants to the suspension today.

One of their service agent is visiting my place tomorrow morning, I hope it happens again

Did any of ANHC owners faced this sought of issues?
Old 4th February 2010, 10:46   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Do you park with the handbrake activated? The mechanism is known to jam up in some cars. It makes a squeaky noise when cold, and only loosens up after a couple of minutes of driving.

Try parking without the handbrake and update us tommorow
Old 4th February 2010, 11:27   #3
BHPian

Hi GTO,

Yes, I allways park it with handbrake on.

Thanks for the sugesstion, I would try it and update. Is this the only solution?, I mean there would not be any damage with the jam?

I gave my car for service today, one of the Honda Service guy accompanied me and he heard the noise, hope they don't make it worse in the name of fixing it (they were not sure why the noise is comming from suspension only in the morning)
Old 14th August 2010, 03:15   #4
BHPian

Raghu, I might have the right answer for your problem. The brakes get locked when you pull the handbrakes. I too felt that something was crackling up in the morning. This phenomenon is more pronounced in the mornings when the grease in the caliper pins and the lubrication in the rear drums is less. Once you push the brakes a couple of times, it would go away. Get a full dose of grease on the front caliper pins/boot and get the rear drums well lubricated in your next service. I got it done and i do not have that noise now. Probably the OEM grease is better than the jelly which the dealerships use and this noise creeps in after some months of driving.

Take a look at this link too. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...hc-clutch.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi GTO,

Yes, I allways park it with handbrake on.

Thanks for the sugesstion, I would try it and update. Is this the only solution?, I mean there would not be any damage with the jam?

I gave my car for service today, one of the Honda Service guy accompanied me and he heard the noise, hope they don't make it worse in the name of fixing it (they were not sure why the noise is comming from suspension only in the morning)
Old 14th August 2010, 08:25   #5
BHPian

Hi Nayyar,

Problem I faced was more of a suspension rather than the break, I tried two days without engaging the parking breaks, but still problem persists.

I would try to upload the noise I felt as I recorded it (by the time I reach Dakshin problem allways disappeared). SA who accompanied me one day heard it. They almost said lubricated suspension and break drums. From then on I never faced the issue anymore.

Thanks for the inputs, I would anyways ask them to lubricate in my next service.
Old 14th August 2010, 10:06   #6
BHPian

I face a similar problem in my Swift which happens only in the monsoon. I used to engage the hand brake and the next morning, the car would shudder in the 1st gear. This would happen for about 3 or 4 1st gear acceleration cycles. After that it would go away. Parking without the handbrake has helped the situation to a large extent. Though sometimes a small amount of shuddering is still there (only during the rains).
Old 14th August 2010, 19:57   #7
BHPian

Raghu,
Is the problem now sorted out? I too park the car with hand breaks on and I somehow have never heard this noise coming from suspension. Ofcourse I do hear the break noise if I brake it for the first time after 2-3 days of use.
Old 14th August 2010, 22:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Raghu,
Is the problem now sorted out? I too park the car with hand breaks on and I somehow have never heard this noise coming from suspension. Ofcourse I do hear the break noise if I brake it for the first time after 2-3 days of use.
Hi Jayanth,

It was sorted out in Feb itself, I insisted Dakshin SA to send a guy in the morning. They promptly did next day, he was surprised to hear the noise from a brand new car.

Their Service Manager assessed it, and performed a full round of lubrication to all the four suspensions and did some settings.

From then on I never felt it again.

Regards
Raghu
Old 15th August 2010, 11:51   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Their Service Manager assessed it, and performed a full round of lubrication to all the four suspensions and did some settings.
Hey Raghu -- so would you say that Honda service is good? Especially after going through all this with a new ANHC? My experience with service stations (till now Maruti and Hyundai) have generally been a nightmare.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks