Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:14   #61
BHPian

Re: Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)

@coolmel
the car is holding up pretty well.
there was as i reported earlier a rattle from the back around the boot and was traced to the parcel tray. fixed promptly with insulation tape.
runs silent as prius

regards the clutch, it was never much of an issue as i faced the problem only say in the first few kms of a cold start. so did not really ponder much over it.

plastics and the car as a whole seems as good as the day i got her home.
infact come to think of it the ownership has been a pretty boring experience up till now except for a loud mysterious rattle that vanished as quickly as it appeared.

just fuel it up and it keeps on going, then get it serviced every 5000 km and then fill it up again and again it keeps on going.
not that i am complaining, wish it stays that way

this is in stark comparison to my previous car (2004 indica diesel), that car was a supermarket of rattles. took a lot of effort to keep them at bay and finally after 85000kms of playing the game of trace that rattle found the best solution to it all- just turn up the volume and all the rattles just vanished.
sold it after 100000kms and 5 years of eventful ownership.
but it did serve me well, was my first car and was well worth every penny i spent on it.

@mail4ajo
the mounting pin for the parcel tray needs to be fattened up, wrap around it some insulation tape so that it holds the tray firmly in place.
worked for me.

Last edited by superboy44 : 22nd March 2011 at 00:17.
Old 23rd March 2011, 00:26   #62
BHPian

superboy: now thats a 10 on 10 report card REally great to hear that from you. And I guess these next 4 years will be problem free as well.

Drive safe and keep us updated mate!
Old 18th May 2011, 00:06   #63
BHPian

18000km update

hey guys my jazz has completed 18000kms in 15 months of ownership.
and it has been an absolute no nonsense ownership.

have no issues to report, the car has held up pretty well.
been doing a lot of highway driving and this car does feel pretty secure and stable at highway speeds and has a good poise under sudden maneuvers.

realized this just today and also the felt happy that i chose a car with the essential safety equipment(abs and airbags).

was driving with my family towards ambala from panchkula.
en route i took an off ramp from the flyover and was doing about 65km/hr.
all of a sudden a swift dzire came onto that exit road from the blind opening between the support columns of the flyover doing about 25 to 30 km/hr.

thanks to ABS i was able to brake and steer out of harms way, missed him by just inches or i would have definitely hit him hard.
also managed to keep the car in control during the sudden lane change.

made sure that my parents who were traveling with me were fine, glad they both were also belted up.

my mother always asked me why was i so finicky about her wearing the seat-belt in the back. after the sudden braking and lane change she did tell me that thanks to the seat-belt she did not get thrown at the front seats and that she did not feel any discomfort.

i was really furious with that guy cause i had my family with me but the person in the dzire was an elderly man and was very sorry for the mistake.
so left it there requesting him to be more careful.

seat-belts save lives,
please make sure guys that you wear seat-belts and also make the passengers in the rear wear them as well.

as for the car, it does offer that secure feel and does cope up well with emergency maneuvers.

i also wish that the middle passenger should have also been provided a proper three point seat-belt instead of just providing a lap belt.
superboy44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 11:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Nice report @superboy..and I hope the car continues to serve you well for the next several years.
And thanks for emphasizing the need to wear seat belts.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 19:58   #65
BHPian

Re: 18000km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
hey guys my jazz has completed 18000kms in 15 months of ownership.
and it has been an absolute no nonsense ownership.

have no issues to report, the car has held up pretty well.
been doing a lot of highway driving and this car does feel pretty secure and stable at highway speeds and has a good poise under sudden maneuvers.

realized this just today and also the felt happy that i chose a car with the essential safety equipment(abs and airbags).

was driving with my family towards ambala from panchkula.
en route i took an off ramp from the flyover and was doing about 65km/hr.
all of a sudden a swift dzire came onto that exit road from the blind opening between the support columns of the flyover doing about 25 to 30 km/hr.

thanks to ABS i was able to brake and steer out of harms way, missed him by just inches or i would have definitely hit him hard.
also managed to keep the car in control during the sudden lane change.

made sure that my parents who were traveling with me were fine, glad they both were also belted up.

my mother always asked me why was i so finicky about her wearing the seat-belt in the back. after the sudden braking and lane change she did tell me that thanks to the seat-belt she did not get thrown at the front seats and that she did not feel any discomfort.

i was really furious with that guy cause i had my family with me but the person in the dzire was an elderly man and was very sorry for the mistake.
so left it there requesting him to be more careful.

seat-belts save lives,
please make sure guys that you wear seat-belts and also make the passengers in the rear wear them as well.

as for the car, it does offer that secure feel and does cope up well with emergency maneuvers.

i also wish that the middle passenger should have also been provided a proper three point seat-belt instead of just providing a lap belt.
The home run of the Jazz continues superboy Our people will never ever learn. Glad to know the brakes are as awesome as the drive. I just so wished Honda gave rear discs as well. Nevertheless
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 21:09   #66
BHPian

20000km and fifth service update

as of today my jazz has completed 20000kms and has been a perfect no nonsense ownership which was one of the prime requirements when we went car shopping.
have been using it extensively over the past month with 90% being highway travel and i can vouch for the fact that it provides for hours of fatigue free highway motoring.

service costs for the 20000km service are as follows-

engine oil- 891
oil filter- 188
air filter- 462
washer plug drain- 18
alignment and balancing including sticker weight- 545
labor cost for paid service- 850

total service cost- 3100
(all figures in Rs)
Old 18th December 2011, 21:04   #67
BHPian

today my jazz has completed 30000kms and got the 6th paid service done about ten days back at 29000kms.
the car is performing as expected, nothing much to complain about except for the rattle from the boot area that keeps on coming back even when put right.

also got a tyre replaced as it suffered a blowout when i was driving on the highway and hit a pothole at about 40-50km/hr during heavy rains.
did not expect the tyre to give away on a not so severe impact.

called up michelin head office and fixed an appointment with their representative who told me that there is nothing he can do about it as this was not a manufacturing defect.
i told him that i agree its not a case of a manufacturing defect but the fact that the tyres provided by them should be able to withstand the indian driving conditions where you can chance upon a pothole in the blink of an eye.
also made it clear to him that my trust on michelins was lost cause this time i was slow, what if i was doing 100 or so?

this made him soften his stance a bit and he told me that he would get back to me in a few days time.
so he called up a week later and offered 2k off on a new michelin tyre that cost 5k.
though i gladly accepted it but still i might avoid the michelins when i wear out this set.

other than this the car has been flawless
Old 18th December 2011, 23:55   #68
BHPian

Way to go superboy! Whats the mileage figures right now?
Old 20th December 2011, 01:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
also got a tyre replaced as it suffered a blowout when i was driving on the highway and hit a pothole at about 40-50km/hr during heavy rains.
That is quite concerning. Any damage to the wheels? Were you maintaining proper pressure? Some maintain a lower pressure for highways.
Old 20th December 2011, 12:04   #70
BHPian

@coolmel
the mileage is holding up to the previous levels of around 15km/l in the city and 18-19km/l on the highways.

@mail4ajo
yes i do get the pressure checked regularly, infact i had got it checked a day before the blowout.
fortunately there was no damage to the alloy wheel.
there was a big cut to the sidewall and that is what concerns me.
i mean tyres are supposed to hold up to these impacts, at least at moderate speeds.
Old 15th June 2014, 09:28   #71
BHPian

Been long since i updated the thread, here goes.
My jazz has now run almost 60000kms and its been pretty much trouble free as is expected from a honda.
It seems to age well, nothing has fallen apart infact the rattles from the rear seat hinge and the parcel tray have vanished.
Just got it serviced from the new honda dealership(vidhata) here in ludhiana, must say they did a remarkable job. the quality of service and washing was way better than before.
The service was labelled a major service and cost me Rs 5850 excluding the charges for the wheel alignment and balancing.
Was charged for the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, AC filter, transmission fluid change and injector cleaning.
I am still running on the original michelins, look good for another 10000kms at least.

Also i tried fitting a reversing camera system to the car but in vain. I wanted to avoid drilling a hole in the bumper so scouted around for a concealed camera that fits in place of the numberplate housing lamp.
Though i managed to find it and get it fixed along with a separate display on the dashboard but when the set up was fired up the image was off center and pretty inaccurate making the set up useless.
The accessories guy then suggested that I place it in the center of the rear bumper to get things right.
I agreed with a heavy heart and gave him a go ahead. But better sense prevailed and I asked him to place it on the bumper before drilling a hole so I can have a look at the view as it was already connected and working.
Thank god i did that, the central portion of the bumper on the jazz is so low that i could just see the tyres of cars behind me.
Tried working out any other alternative place for the camera but could not.
If you guys have any ideas regards what can be the solution to this problem, I would be grateful.

Also got the new high security number plates installed, must say they are pretty flimsy and low quality though they do look good
If you guys need any more info let me know, will try and keep it updated regularly.
Drive safe and belt up including the ones in the rear.
Attaching a few pics of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-imag0782.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-imag0783.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-imag0785.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-imag0786.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-imag0784.jpg  

superboy44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 02:07   #72
BHPian

Just an update here,
My jazz has done almost 64k as of now and ran into a couple of niggles.

The problem with the thermistor not working resurfaced and the AC would stop working after 2 hours on the road and their was an annoying rattle from the boot area.

Took the car to vidhata honda here in ludhiana, they quickly diagnosed the problem and told me that they would have to check the thermistor and would have to open up the dashboard.
Gave them the go ahead and the work was done in about 4 hours or so.
Though i did not see it personally as the don't allow customers in the workshop and i respect that.
The thermistor itself was fine but its position was not right and that was the reason for it not working properly.
All this was done free of charge even though the car was out of warranty, that's a commendable gesture. The AC seems to be working fine now but will test it out in an upcoming trip to Delhi.
As regards the rattle, everything was taken apart in the rear and after a thorough half hour trip on the dusty side roads in a slow moving oven(AC switched off to minimize noise) and one of the mechanics sitting in the boot were we able to find the source of the rattle.
It was the nuts on the wiper motor which on the face of it looked pretty tight and in place but had come loose and were causing the rattle.
It now runs super silent as before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks